X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Callback errors

Hi Spud,
    I purchased your plugin a few days ago and am now getting these errors:

May-10 9:51:22 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    and

May-10 9:53:05 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 16384) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    It seems this is happening to other people as well:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...trigger&page=4

Would you be able to look into it?

Marty
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

What version of the plugin are you on?

HS3 3.0.0.423 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.206
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

do you use some timers?

Comment

I just updated the plugin after making the first post as I was trying to sort out the problem. So it was the version before 3.0.0.47.

Homeseer version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows) on Win 10 Pro

I don't have any timers setup, but do have some global variables setup and one counter. None of these are used linked to EasyTrigger.

I only just installed EasyTrigger a few days ago (5th of May), the previous version until the update today . Looking through the log the errors start just after installing the plugin.

The errors are not frequent so I can't tell you yet if the plugin update today has resolved the problem. Others think it may be related to EasyTrigger as per the link in my original post.

Thanks for looking into this.

Marty.

May-06 10:08:19 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 32) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
        May-05 7:43:05 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 32) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
        May-05 6:54:11 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
        May-05 6:54:11 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

This problem is caused by a lot of devices being updated in a small interval of time. The EasyTrigger plugin checks each change to see if it needs to trigger some events. Until version 3.0.0.47 the plugin was handling the changes sequentially, with the new version 3.0.0.48 available here, it now handle them in parallel.

So this should fix the issue you see, but note that the "Dropping event callbacks due to full queue" warning may be cause by other plugins.
          Also having a lot of devices updating very frequently is not a very good idea and can result in other problems on your system, so if I were you I would try to find which devices are in cause, and see if it can be avoided. To find the culprits you can for example set the log level to Debug in the EasyTrigger config page , and you will see somthing like the following each time a device's value changes:

May-10 08:15:29 DEBUG Device 4386 value changed from 15759 to 15760

Comment

Working...
          X