www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Ultilities (Plug-ins) > Utilities Discussion > Keyboard and Mouse Sensor Plug-in (3P)

Keyboard and Mouse Sensor Plug-in (3P) Keyboard / Mouse plug-in

Old January 26th, 2015, 11:25 AM

Keyboard and Mouse Sensor plug-in - HS3 Beta testing

This Keyboard and Mouse Sensor plug-in (KMS) is designed to allow HomeSeer to detect any mouse or keyboard activity on a local or a remote computer. It sets a device status to "On" as soon as it detects a mouse movement/click or a key stroke on the keyboard, and it sets it back to "Off" after X seconds of inactivity, where X is configurable.

One possible use for this plugin is to detect occupancy or lack of occupancy in a room. For example I have this plugin installed on my desktop PC and HomeSeer configured to turn on the lights in this room as soon as I move the mouse, and turn them off after 3 minutes of inactivity (no mouse movement/click or key stroke during 3 minutes).

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Please report any bug.

Installation:
  • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /updates3/zips
  • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
  • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the KMS line.
  • click the "Download and Install" button
  • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
  • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.0.6
- Enhanced exception handling.

Changes to v3.0.0.5
- Added monitoring of remote instances from local main instance
- Added possibility to enable/disable mouse/keyboard sensor
- Added possibility to log to file, and added timestamp in console and files
- Fixed action and triggers
- Fixed shutdown of plugin when it is disconnected from server.

Changes to v3.0.0.3
- Fixed autoreconnect command line option

Changes to v3.0.0.2:
- Fixed problem with remote instances using the local device instead of creating their own.

Changes to v3.0.0.1:
- Added keyboard shortcut triggers
Attached Files
File Type: zip KMS_3-0-0-6.zip (40.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt updater_override.txt (2.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by spud; December 7th, 2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old January 27th, 2015, 01:47 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
This Keyboard and Mouse Sensor plug-in (KMS) is designed to allow HomeSeer to detect any mouse or keyboard activity on a local or a remote computer. It sets a device status to "On" as soon as it detects a mouse movement/click or a key stroke on the keyboard, and it sets it back to "Off" after X seconds of inactivity, where X is configurable.

One possible use for this plugin is to detect occupancy or lack of occupancy in a room. For example I have this plugin installed on my desktop PC and HomeSeer configured to turn on the lights in this room as soon as I move the mouse, and turn them off after 3 minutes of inactivity (no mouse movement/click or key stroke during 3 minutes).

Please report any bug.

Installation:
  • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /updates3/zips
  • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
  • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the KMS line.
  • click the "Download and Install" button
  • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
  • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder
Hi Spud,

Nice idea. I setup the plugin on my HS machine. Then what? Is the client just a remote instance of the plugin?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.318) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links
Old January 27th, 2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrichar View Post
Hi Spud,

Nice idea. I setup the plugin on my HS machine. Then what? Is the client just a remote instance of the plugin?
Exactly, unlike the HS2 version there is no server/client coded in the plugin, you just install the plugin on the machine where you want to detect keyboard and mouse activity and run it from there.
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Seer Master

Any chance that it could listen for specific key combinations?
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kideon View Post
Any chance that it could listen for specific key combinations?
yeah that would be a nice feature to be able to trigger some events with keyboard shortcuts.
I will add it in a future version.
Old January 29th, 2015, 12:02 PM

in version 3.0.0.1, I have added a keyboard shortcut trigger. You can now trigger a HS event using a keyboard shortcut, it works whatever program the focus is on.

for example the event in the screenshot below turn on some lights if I press "Ctrl + L" on my keyboard

Name:  shortcut.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  48.3 KB
Old August 14th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Seer Master

Hello Spud,

Got your plugin installed from the updater and followed your instructions for install. Tried to create 2 devices (1 for the HS machine, and the 2nd for remote pc called OfficePC). Only the HS Machine has created a device and reports its status changes.

The remote device called "OfficePC" has an error message on the plugin instance (CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected.) Also see lots of connect and reconnect errors in the log. One thing I notice is the HS machine trying to connect to a local ip for the remote "OfficePC).

Does this indicate a setup error and do I need to erase any config file?

Heres the logs and any help would be greatful

Quote:
Aug-14 4:22:09 AM Info Plugin KMS with instance: OfficePC has disconnected
Aug-14 4:22:09 AM Info Plugin KMS with instance OfficePC has connected. IP:192.168.1.113:51991
Aug-14 4:22:03 AM KMS INFO Refreshing Keyboard Shortcuts to monitor
Aug-14 4:22:03 AM KMS INFO KMS version 3.0.0.1
Aug-14 4:22:03 AM Info Plugin KMS with instance OfficePC has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:61088
Aug-14 4:22:03 AM Error Error launching plugin: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'KMS:OfficePC' Key being added: 'KMS:OfficePC'
Aug-14 4:22:03 AM Error Error launching plugin: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'KMS:OfficePC' Key being added: 'KMS:OfficePC'
Aug-14 4:22:03 AM Warning I/O interface KMS is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
Aug-14 4:22:03 AM Warning I/O interface KMS is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
Aug-14 4:22:03 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): KMS Instance:OfficePC:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
Aug-14 4:21:07 AM Info Plugin KMS with instance: OfficePC has disconnected
Aug-14 4:21:07 AM Info Plugin KMS with instance OfficePC has connected. IP:192.168.1.113:51983
Old August 14th, 2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieWayne View Post
Hello Spud,

Got your plugin installed from the updater and followed your instructions for install. Tried to create 2 devices (1 for the HS machine, and the 2nd for remote pc called OfficePC). Only the HS Machine has created a device and reports its status changes.

The remote device called "OfficePC" has an error message on the plugin instance (CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected.) Also see lots of connect and reconnect errors in the log. One thing I notice is the HS machine trying to connect to a local ip for the remote "OfficePC).

Does this indicate a setup error and do I need to erase any config file?

Heres the logs and any help would be greatful
How do you start the OfficeXP instance?

You don't need to create and start the remote plugin instance from the Manage > PLUG-INS page. You just have to start HSPI_KMS.exe (with parameters) from the command line on your remote machine.