This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
    Eric - I just noticed yesterday that even though the devices in Device List aren't being updated, that your plugin *IS* still talking to the thermostat. I can change the setpoint, I can turn the LEDs on and off, I can set the message areas, all this even when the devices (I only have the original 9 showing up) haven't been updated in days. It's as if your plugin can talk to my thermostat, but can't hear it or isn't listening to it.

I'm sorry I didn't spot this sooner. I had made an incorrect assumption that because the devices weren't being updated that your plugin wasn't communicating to the thermostat at all.

Maybe this might lend a hand at finding out what's wrong?

Thanks,

OMG, this helps so much, it means the problem isn't talking to the thermostat, but rather finding the existing devices in Homeseer to supply updates to. No wonder I can't find an issue, I'm looking under the couch for my car when it's in the garage.

Let me collect my thoughts and take a look at that section of code and see what we can find. I think what i may have to do, is something similar to what I did in the MyQ plugin and that's to add a debug dump button that will dump a section of the homeseer database that contains devices linked to the plugin so I can see what's happening in the database.

Curious question, have you tried deleting your existing thermostat devices and letting the plugin recreate them? It sounds like there's a disconnect there and the devices may have lost some of the data that links them with the specific thermostats.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
      Curious question, have you tried deleting your existing thermostat devices and letting the plugin recreate them? It sounds like there's a disconnect there and the devices may have lost some of the data that links them with the specific thermostats.
      Good(?) news - I disabled your plugin, deleted all 9 of the original devices, and re-enabled your plugin - and lo and behold all the original 9 and 8 new devices showed up. So now I have the additional Save Energy Mode, Night Light, 3 Humidity, 2 Humidifier mode, and the Air Baffle devices all showing up for a total of 17 - cool!!

A few notes:
      - On Humidity Setpoint and Dehumidifier Setpoint there is no field nor drop-down to change it
      - When I make a change to any of the 8 new devices, it changes on the device list screen, and shows in the HS log that a CAPI command happened, but it doesn't change anything on my thermostat and then sets itself back to the value it was before I changed it, apparently at next poll interval - for example, if I change the Night Light value to anything, I don't see the backlight come on and the device sets back to 25% (apparently the default value on the thermostat?) Same thing for Humidifer Mode i.e. if it is off on the stat, and I enable Only with Heat, it temporarily changes, the HS log shows the CAPI command, but then at the next poll the device changes back to Off without anything happening at the stat. But if I change a setting at the stat, it DOES get properly reflected in the Device List.

The devices in the original 9 still modify their settings on the thermostat OK.

Hopefully an easy fix?

Thanks
      Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

I'm not at all surprised with the glitches with a couple of the new device types. As you recall I had no way of testing them, so I was just kinda programming in the dark there.

I'll take a look and get a fix out to you for the bugs you've reported. Thanks for being a sport through all this.

Comment

Update:

I've found a lot of the issues you pointed out and now I'm working on fixes for them.

-Workaround-
          If you want a workaround for the devices not being created you need to delete all existing thermostat devices.

Comment

Update:

I've found a lot of the issues you pointed out and now I'm working on fixes for them...
            Eric - I have been patiently awaiting new versions to see if any of the problems that I've reported have been fixed. I saw and installed two newer versions that showed up in the plugin manage updater and I am currently running version 1.1.20818.50020. Nothing that I've reported as not working has yet to be fixed.

Could you please provide me with an update?

Thanks
            Steve

Comment

Eric - I have been patiently awaiting new versions to see if any of the problems that I've reported have been fixed. I saw and installed two newer versions that showed up in the plugin manage updater and I am currently running version 1.1.20818.50020. Nothing that I've reported as not working has yet to be fixed.

Could you please provide me with an update?

Thanks
              Sorry, had surgery on my hand the other week, and had to take some time off.
              Hopefully getting back to full speed this week.

Comment

Sorry, had surgery on my hand the other week, and had to take some time off.
                Hopefully getting back to full speed this week.
                Sorry to hear about the surgery; hope everything is going well. I was just checking in for an update. Get rested up and take care of yourself.
                Steve

Comment

I've submitted some updates to be posted to the plugin. However they have switched us developers to using some new portal to post updates to the plugins instead of posting them ourselves. I'm not sure how long it will take for the new version to be posted to the updater.

New version will have changes for the humidifer and dehumidifier devices. If you're running a thermostat that is using these functions, you will have to delete the thermostat and it's subdevices from homeseer and let the plugin recreate them. This should let you control the setpoint values now.

Look for version 1.1.040718.33672 to hit the updater.

Comment

I've submitted some updates to be posted to the plugin. However they have switched us developers to using some new portal to post updates to the plugins instead of posting them ourselves. I'm not sure how long it will take for the new version to be posted to the updater.

New version will have changes for the humidifer and dehumidifier devices. If you're running a thermostat that is using these functions, you will have to delete the thermostat and it's subdevices from homeseer and let the plugin recreate them. This should let you control the setpoint values now.

Look for version 1.1.040718.33672 to hit the updater.
                    Eric - I am running the latest version available in the updater, version 1.1.40718.33621, but you said you were uploading a more recent version, 1.1.40718.33672. I don't see that version in the updater nor in the beta section. Which one is the most current?

As for the sliders for setting the Humidity Setpoint and the DeHumidifier Setpoint - I don't think they're practical. I was hoping for a field to type a value into just like the Heat and Cool Setpoints. When you move the sliders it sends a CAPI to the thermostat for EVERY 1% change. If you are making a change of more than one or two points, it can severely lag and even not get all of the movement sent to the stat.

Thanks,
                    Steve
                    Steve

Comment

Eric - I am running the latest version available in the updater, version 1.1.40718.33621, but you said you were uploading a more recent version, 1.1.40718.33672. I don't see that version in the updater nor in the beta section. Which one is the most current?

As for the sliders for setting the Humidity Setpoint and the DeHumidifier Setpoint - I don't think they're practical. I was hoping for a field to type a value into just like the Heat and Cool Setpoints. When you move the sliders it sends a CAPI to the thermostat for EVERY 1% change. If you are making a change of more than one or two points, it can severely lag and even not get all of the movement sent to the stat.

Thanks,
                      Steve
                      1.1.40718.34008 is actually the latest and looks like Homeseer has screwed up the update yet again. I'll resubmit the update to them again in hopes they get it right this time.

As for the sliders, thanks for the feedback. I'll change those in a future build, it may require you deleting your current thermostat devices and letting them get rebuilt, I'll have to see if it will take a change of graphic/input type without removing-readding.

Comment

I have resubmitted the update, now we wait. A couple of months ago they forced us developers to move to a new plugin portal for submitting our updates and it's been a nightmare for me ever since.

Comment

Thank you, Eric.
                          Steve

Comment

Instructions for Thermostat Setup

Does anyone know where to find a set of current instructions on how to set up this plugin and which thermostats actually work with it? Everything I can find is 2015. thanks

Comment

Still no improvement

I have resubmitted the update, now we wait. A couple of months ago they forced us developers to move to a new plugin portal for submitting our updates and it's been a nightmare for me ever since.
                              Thank you, Eric.
                              Eric - I have been running version 1.1.40718.34008 since it finally showed up in the updater on May 9th. I'm sorry to report that I have not seen any improvement to the reliability of the plugin to keep my CT-80 devices updated.

I was reading with interest the post "On going error" (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=196338) and the linked document "Radiotherm thermostats keep losing connectivity" (https://github.com/home-assistant/ho...nt/issues/8404) and it sounds to me that this is a similar if not exact same problem I've been experiencing. I, too, see those same errors
                              "RadioThermostat Error Exception in UpdateThermostats: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Thermostat.Update() at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Thermostat..ctor(String IP, HttpClient WebClient) at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Util.UpdateThermostats()"
                              reported by user MStan in the previously mentioned post.

Do you think this is what is happening to me?

Thanks

(patient but frustrated)
                              Steve

Comment

Eric - I have been running version 1.1.40718.34008 since it finally showed up in the updater on May 9th. I'm sorry to report that I have not seen any improvement to the reliability of the plugin to keep my CT-80 devices updated.

I was reading with interest the post "On going error" (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=196338) and the linked document "Radiotherm thermostats keep losing connectivity" (https://github.com/home-assistant/ho...nt/issues/8404) and it sounds to me that this is a similar if not exact same problem I've been experiencing. I, too, see those same errors
                                "RadioThermostat Error Exception in UpdateThermostats: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Thermostat.Update() at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Thermostat..ctor(String IP, HttpClient WebClient) at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Util.UpdateThermostats()"
                                reported by user MStan in the previously mentioned post.

Do you think this is what is happening to me?

Thanks

(patient but frustrated)

It is possible, I'm looking into it to see if that's what we're dealing with.

Comment

Working...
                                X