ZEE/pi 3b vs 3b+ Slightly O.T.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Yes the RPi B+ is a 64 bit CPU but Stretch is still 32 bit and most likely will remain at 32 bit until the RPi4 is released with more RAM (hoping for 4Gb).
    If I use the NOOBS card can I pick a 4 bit Linux that will work? I am trying to go to the B+ to see if I can get some more speed between Alexa commands and responses.
    <style></style>

Comment

Thinking there is a couple of 64bit Linux OS's for the RPi. There are issues though.

Raspberry Pi 3 64 bit Install

Using the RPi3 B+ in 32bit mode (and 64 bit mode) there will be little noticeable differences due to the clock speed of the B+ (200 Mhz more with the B+).

A sort of comparison of the RPi3 would be to the Intel ES5300 (2M Cache, 2.60 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) speed wise (much less power utilization).

With the increase of 200Mhz speed increase you will not see more speed between the Alexa commands and responses.

Personally I would keep the RPi3 B running as is for time bean.

Manually install Linux on the RPi3 B+ and just copy the Homeseer 3 directory over to it to test to see for yourself anyhow doing this in baby step fashion.

One day use the RPi3 B and another day use the RPi3 B+.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Thinking there is a couple of 64bit Linux OS's for the RPi. There are issues though.

Raspberry Pi 3 64 bit Install

Using the RPi3 B+ in 32bit mode (and 64 bit mode) there will be little noticeable differences due to the clock speed of the B+ (200 Mhz more with the B+).

A sort of comparison of the RPi3 would be to the Intel ES5300 (2M Cache, 2.60 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) speed wise (much less power utilization).

With the increase of 200Mhz speed increase you will not see more speed between the Alexa commands and responses.

Personally I would keep the RPi3 B running as is for time bean.

Manually install Linux on the RPi3 B+ and just copy the Homeseer 3 directory over to it to test to see for yourself anyhow doing this in baby step fashion.

One day use the RPi3 B and another day use the RPi3 B+.
        Pete, Thanks as always for the great suggestions!

<style></style>

Comment

Working...
        X