New WGR800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New WGR800

Bert, My old STR918,WGR918,WGR928 anemometer finlay died I have replaced with a WGR800 is there anyway i can continue using the same HS device number? When I go to the device and try and re-assign/replace the old STR918 the WGR800 does not come up in the pick list. I only seem to have the option to create a completely new device. I have developed wind roses and other stuff that runs off a data base that uses the device number as the key reference field so it would save me a lot of hassle if i reference historical data re writing queries etc

Phill

what is the device number you use?

Comment

The important ones are in orange
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry, I can't help you with this. This is the Device Reference Number and is assigned by HS.
        I don't know if this can be changed manually in the HS database without breaking other links.

Comment

So obviously no guarantees but this page still exists in HS3

http://phillb.xxx.xx/repl

I replaced one device at a time followed by a restart of HS3 of course I did a back before I tried this. All appears ok it seems also to have the added benefit of changing the high wind virtual device too.

No idea how dangerous or otherwise this might be ......... suggest you only try it if the only alternative is significant rework. I Still don't understand why we can't have this functionality as a tested function

Comment

Working...
          X