Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I looked I see that the init string was not being sent. I believe I corrected that. The IO window should already show everything communicated.

I run netcallerid and do not have a modem installed on any of my computers now so checkout will be easier at your end. I also noticed that the rev is now 1.3.8 which means several other things have changed since I last posted it. I just dont recall what changed, but it can only be better.

Comment

I'll test this evening....

Michael,

Wow, thanks for the quick response! I'll try it as soon as I get home, and let you know the results.

Thanks again,

Gayle Snedecor

Comment

The fix worked great for me. I'm using a zoom internal modem and am having no problems.

Comment

Michael,

Is there an option to remove the leading "1" for users located in the US? This has nailed me a few times where a number comes in as 1-aaa-bbb-cccc as well as just aaa-bbb-cccc. I believe there are no area codes or local exchanges that start with a "1". What has been happening is that these two formats are being treated as different numbers and thus different lookups.

Comment

I put the option in 1.4.0. Seemed pretty simple, but testing is up to you.

Comment

Port Problem

I have xAPCallerID running and have configured it against com port 4 which is where the netCID device lives. It seems that I cannot connect to the com port and am seeing this error in the xAP Hub GUI:

xap-header

{

v=12

hop=1

uid=FF008000

class=Homeseer.Event

source=mcs.CID.MADHATTER

}

Event.Log

{

time=10/1/2005 5:33:16 PM

type=xapmcsCID

data=Winsock2_Error at State 9, 10061 Connection is forcefully rejected

}

I can connect to the netCID device with Hyperteminal with no trouble.

Any ideas?

-Rob
              Last edited by JFTLNG; October 1, 2005, 07:31 PM. Reason: update

Comment

The error is generated from the procedure that expects the modem to be at an IP address. The check that is made to determine IP vs. COM is if an ":" is present in the port entered on the setup form. If you are connecting to COM 4, then the entry on the setup should simply be "4" without quotes.

Comment

so can this be used for.....

Ever since upgrading to hs2 I have not been able to get the phone app to interface w/ my outlook contacts. will this plug in do that for me?
                  Plugins:
                  BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

This xAp node will interact with Outlook contacts based upon CID. I dont know what your phone application does so I really do not know if this will be of interest to you or not.

Comment

when I said "phone app" I meant the HSphone that's built into 2.0. All I'm wanting it to do is be able to import or interact with the contacts or database from outlook. to the best of my knowledge, there is no way of doing that w/hsphone 2.
                      Plugins:
                      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

When a CID is detected then a lookup will be performed using the phonebooks contained in HSP, Outlook, and the Friends text file depending which of these are enabled and available. If Outlook is used and the phone number is not in the list of Contacts then the new number will be added and the name inserted if it is provided on TELCO.

HSP 1 or HSP 2 under HS1.x are the sources of the HSP Phonebook. In your case it looks like the only phonebook of interest is Outlook.

The CID input is provided by a serial modem, netcallerid, or an xAP IP connection. The formatted output is an xAP IP message that will typically be used in an application that perfoms some type of popup. In my case it is the xAP Ultra Message and into MessageCentral where it is logged and profiled for subsequent routing.

If you are trying to use this with Homeseer based upon HSPhone CID, then I believe the scenario will be a CID event that generates the cid.incoming xAP message. The xAPConduit or mcsXap plugins should be able to generate the message based upon a Homeseer event. I don't know what you want to do with the resultant phonebook lookup.

My guess is that xapmcsCID is not the route you want to go unless you have other xAP nodes. A script that uses the Outlook object model that is run based upo the CID event will likely be more in line with your needs.

Comment

I have taken the idea's from MikeMatthews CID2.txt script and added lookups based upon Area Code and reverse lookup via the Internet.

When CID is received xapmcsCID will perform a lookup locally in HSP Phonebook, Outlook Contacts, and Friends.txt. If it exists in one of these locations then it will deliver the xAP message and ACID per user setup.

If it is not available locally then it will respond with the number and a description of where the area code is. An internet lookup wil be initiated and if a name is found with the CID number then it will deliver a second message that contains the name and number.

I had initially performed an internet lookup and then followed with area code as MikeMatthews had done in his script, but I found that the internet lookup delayed the message longer than I desired. The first message with the Area code information will appear on the target display and then be superceeded by the one with the name if the name becomes available.

Comment

Is it working great for you and if so would you mind sharing your script. I have been trying other peoples scripts and have had no luck with the reverse lookup, nor the area code part.
                            Would love to have a script like you are talking about
                            danielbo

Comment

Yes it is working very well for me. The initial notification is very quick and if an internet reverse lookup is available it will appear about two seconds later.

It is not a script, but the logic is implemented in xapmcsCID. To be useful you will need either some form of xAP-cognizant display such as the xapmcsUM that is posted in this same xAP subforum, or by letting HS receive the message and then using an HS event to route it to your preferred notification method.

xAP nodes provide a standard communication interface method that uses the IP interface on the LAN to exchange information. It lends itself to a distributed computing capability where you are not restricted to running your interfaces and software on a single computer.

An xAP plugin is used to give HS the abilty to communicate with other xAP nodes. The analogy is that an X10 plugin is used to give HS the ability to communicate with X10 devices on the powerline.

Comment

Interesting

This sound really interesting. But I am not real sure have what all you are telling me. I am just learning about HS (newbee). I have picked up a lot of great ideas and keep adding to my system. What I did understand of what you was saying, I am interested. Could you give me some help with this, but in newbee language. I would really like to set something like this up. I am really involved with the hs phone more then of it. Thank you for any advice you can give me.
                                danielbo
                                danielbo

Comment

Working...
                                X