Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery devices not updating after a few hours

Hi,

Unless oversight on my part I found nothing about my problem n the forum so I try it here:

All my battery-powered sensors and that includes Everspring PIR-sensors, Everspring door-sensors and Fibaro motion-sensors stop updating their status after a few hours.
    So, a motion sensor will tell you it was last triggered the day before at 11 pm while you walked in front of it just a few minutes ago.

Rescanning or removiong and adding the device will give you another period of a few hours of working and then the problem arises again.

Anybody an idea of what is happening here ?

Frank

Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file? What Z-Wave interface are you using? What version of HS3 are you running? What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file? What Z-Wave interface are you using? What version of HS3 are you running? What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
      Rupp,

Hometrioller SE with HS3 3.0.0.152, Zwave plugin beta 3.189, working on a Aeotec Z-stick connected through a powered USB-hub to the Hometroller SE.

No errors in the log file. No mentioning of any event with the sensor. It is as if the sensor is sitting in a box, nothing can make it report movement...

Thanks !

Frank

Comment

How many other devices do you have in your Z-Wave network? What exact device are you having issues with? How far is it from your Z-Wave controller? Is the device still working after this period of time?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Frank,

Have you confirmed that the associations are set up correctly? Go to the z-wave tab for the device's root device and go to the associations settings. Quite often, HS will automatically be associated on Group 1, but sometimes not. You may also need to manually associate HS on the other association groups. Take a look at the manual for each device to see what associations they support. Some devices also require you to set specific parameters. The manuals for each device typically contain details on what the settings do.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Hi Frank,

Have you confirmed that the associations are set up correctly? Go to the z-wave tab for the device's root device and go to the associations settings. Quite often, HS will automatically be associated on Group 1, but sometimes not. You may also need to manually associate HS on the other association groups. Take a look at the manual for each device to see what associations they support. Some devices also require you to set specific parameters. The manuals for each device typically contain details on what the settings do.

Cheers
            Al
            Hey Rupp and Sparkman,

I have about 60 nodes, resulting in some 200 devices in my network.
            My problem is with all kinds of battery-operated sensors: from Everspring, from Fibaro, from Philio. Some are very close, some further away from the controller.

What Sparkman wrote about associations got my attention and , yes, several of the devices had no Homeseer associations or only 1 where two or three were possible.
            I checked all of them and they have been functioning well since BUT !
            1) There are only a few hours after I changed the associations and before I did that they used to work correctly for 6 to 12 hours also, so can't really say anything yet.
            2) one of the Fibaro 'Eye'-sensors didn't work anymore after a few hours although associations were set correctly but in this case it was the battery that was completely drained. Which is strange also because it was still at 100 % a day ago..

So, I'll monitor the situation and let you know how it goes in a few hours.

Frank

Comment

I'm sorry but I have to teel you guys that even after checking all parameters and making and checking the right associations my Fibaro motion sensors stop updating after 12 to 24 hours maximum, sometimes even after a few hours.
              The distance between the sensors and the controller is not the issue: some sensors are a fuw inches away from the controller , others 30 feet.

Any idea ?

Frank

Comment

I to see this with the Fibaro motion sensor. What version do you have?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                  I to see this with the Fibaro motion sensor. What version do you have?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  I think it is 2.4, that is what it says after "app.:" if you have a look at the 'information page"
                  Do you have any idea what is causing this ?
                  I have a HC2 also and there the sensors are working flawlessly. Well, WERE working because I had to send back my HC2 to Poland because it became completely unresponsive.
                  Oh well, I guess Z-wave is till far from a stable technology as every gateway I used had the same problems and I did use a few: Homeseer, Indigo, Domticz, Fibaro, Zipato, Vera etc...

Frank

Comment

If you wake-up those motion sensors and rescan them, do they start working again for a period of time?

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      If you wake-up those motion sensors and rescan them, do they start working again for a period of time?

Cheers
                      Al
                      Hi Sparkman,

Exactly : waking up, rescanning makes them work for a certain time or better UNcertain time : sometimes it's 24 hours, sometimes it's not more than 2 hours or so.
                      Didn't find any setting that could be involved in this problem.
                      Sometimes I have the feeling that they stop working after a longer time without triggering. So if you stay home and the sensors are triggered frequently they stay 'awake' for a full day but if you go away for a few hours you will find them not working anymore when you return.

No idea what is causing this. But it might be a reason to return to my HC2, as imperfect as it is. It's just that a lot of my automation is based on these sensors.

Frank

Comment

Well, I guess enough is enough. I find myself rescanning and optimizing motion sensors and door sensors all day. This is not funny anymore.
                        I'm sorry Homeseer, I've loved you very much but it's over now.
                        As soon as my Fibaro-box is back from Poland, I'll switch over again.

How on earth is it possible that one of the most state of the art sensors is not supported by Homeseer and nobody really seems to care ?

Comment

Working...
                        X