SuperBus 2000 GSM Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperBus 2000 GSM Module

I'm new to HomeSeer and trying to integrate my Concord 4. I already have a SuperBus 2000 GSM Module integrated into my system.

1) Is there any way to make the GSM Module work with HS?
    2) Assuming the above is "No," am I able to add the SuperBus Serial module on or am I out of luck?

Any help would be appreciated.

You need the Superbus Automation module to interface with Concord Plugin. Plenty of info on here on how to set it up too. Assuming your Concord 4 has the correct version of the firmware you should have no problem setting it up.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I do have the SuperBus module but it's a GSM module and not a serial module. I have read a lot and found a video regarding the serial module and setup, but was wondering if the GSM module would work.

Comment

Originally posted by pcourt View Post
        Thanks for the quick response. I do have the SuperBus module but it's a GSM module and not a serial module. I have read a lot and found a video regarding the serial module and setup, but was wondering if the GSM module would work.
        The plugin only supports Serial connections. The problem with GSM is you would need to have a GSM device that would communicate with the Superbus module. This would be much more expensive than a serial superbus module. The GSM module was for communicating with a centralized monitoring system I would guess.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
          The plugin only supports Serial connections. The problem with GSM is you would need to have a GSM device that would communicate with the Superbus module. This would be much more expensive than a serial superbus module. The GSM module was for communicating with a centralized monitoring system I would guess.

Z
          Similar unit as the PVM module except the GSM deals with cellular communication whereas the PVM deals with landline communication. I have a 3rd party GSM dialler attached to the Output leg on the panel that's just texts me a basic SMS in the event of an alarm activation and will also call me and indicate what sensor has been faulted.

Comment

Z
            Thanks for this response (and the others too). Yes, it is setup for centralized monitoring by Alarm.com.

I assume (?) I am unable to add another superbus to get the serial connection.

I am very unfamiliar with alarm systems but I also have a DSC Powerseries control unit by the door with the keypad. I don't know if there's way for me to connect that to HS or if I can connect HS to alarm.com.

My only goal is to be able to arm and disarm the system. I'd like to keep the central monitoring.

Comment

Thanks for this response (and the others too). Yes, it is setup for centralized monitoring by Alarm.com.

I assume (?) I am unable to add another superbus to get the serial connection.

I am very unfamiliar with alarm systems but I also have a DSC Powerseries control unit by the door with the keypad. I don't know if there's way for me to connect that to HS or if I can connect HS to alarm.com.

My only goal is to be able to arm and disarm the system. I'd like to keep the central monitoring.

Shouldn't be a problem adding the Automation Module to your panel. Just have a read through the installation manual. Here's the link https://static.interlogix.com/librar...ion-manual.pdf

I have the Superbus PVM and the automation module attached no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                Shouldn't be a problem adding the Automation Module to your panel. Just have a read through the installation manual. Here's the link https://static.interlogix.com/librar...ion-manual.pdf

I see now that the panel can support additional modules. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

One more question if you don't mind. Given the requirement for a serial connection, I assume the easiest route is to use a Hometroller S6 with the built in serial port? Right now I'm just running HS off a windows PC. Running a serial cable to it would be difficult given it's physical location and I'm not sure (I'm at work) but I don't even think I have a serial port.

Would a StarTech serial to IP converter work? I could easily route a lan cable from the security panel to my router.

Thank you again.

Comment

One more question if you don't mind. Given the requirement for a serial connection, I assume the easiest route is to use a Hometroller S6 with the built in serial port? Right now I'm just running HS off a windows PC. Running a serial cable to it would be difficult given it's physical location and I'm not sure (I'm at work) but I don't even think I have a serial port.

Would a StarTech serial to IP converter work? I could easily route a lan cable from the security panel to my router.

Thank you again.
                    The plugin supports IP addresses as well so a simple Enet-serial converter will work

Z

Comment

Thank you again.
                      Or you could go the Raspberry Pi route. I have mine wired into 12v supply on my panel and use a 12v-5v step down converter. Everything sits neatly into the control panel cabinet. I'm calling it the GE-Concord 4 Homeseer Edition

Comment

The plugin supports IP addresses as well so a simple Enet-serial converter will work

Z
                        So the installer just left and I now have the Superbus 2000 RS232 module. I ran a serial cable off that to a StarTech serial to IP converter. From their I ran some ethernet cable right to my router. I can see an unknown device on my router, so I figure that's the Panel. I've entered that ISP in the IP address field on the Concord PI config page. What do I enter for the TCP port? I went to the Ports tab on the windows 10 device manager, but I don't see anything there. And help would be appreciated.

Comment

So the installer just left and I now have the Superbus 2000 RS232 module. I ran a serial cable off that to a StarTech serial to IP converter. From their I ran some ethernet cable right to my router. I can see an unknown device on my router, so I figure that's the Panel. I've entered that ISP in the IP address field on the Concord PI config page. What do I enter for the TCP port? I went to the Ports tab on the windows 10 device manager, but I don't see anything there. And help would be appreciated.
                          Set your StarTech serial to 9600 8 bits, odd parity.
                          Go into your Concord plugin Configuration page and select Network as the Connection type. Enter your IP address below and the port that your StarTech uses and you should be set.
                          Shouldn't require anything in Windows 10 other than the firewall open to the port your entered.

Z

Comment

Go into your Concord plugin Configuration page and select Network as the Connection type. Enter your IP address below and the port that your StarTech uses and you should be set.
                            Shouldn't require anything in Windows 10 other than the firewall open to the port your entered.

Z
                            Thanks for the quick response on this. I'm learning that the serial converter takes some setting up on its own. I'm going to try to do a tech chat with the company today to get it set up.

Comment

Z
                              I was able to reconfigure the serial to ethernet adapter and designate it as a DHCP device and confirm which port it was on. By using the MAC address on the adapter, I confirmed the IP address and it's showing up as a connected device.

In HS, on the PI Config page, I get the "Comm Port Initialized. NOT Connected to Concord Panel" notice. I read on another thread about power cycling the panel. I did that. I have the green and red lights on the superbus panel. On the adapter, the lights look good, including the Tx/Rx lights which show activity between the panel and router.

When I go to the PI Control tab, I get the message "ComPort is OK. Communications to Panel are DOWN." And under the settings tab, I can see that my user code has been verified, and I see some info under the user tab. So it does seem like I have some kind of connectivity to the panel.

Like I mentioned above, I found a similar thread on this from last year, but it dealt with a COM port and not TCP setup. I went through it as much as I could but I am still a bit stuck.

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X