Errors when adding a second remote instance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors when adding a second remote instance

I have been testing with a single remote instance (no local instance but plugin installed locally and disabled, as per instructions) and it's been working great.

I now have a second kinect and when I tried to use that on a second remote machine, I get an error when accessing a device configuration page or when trying to setup a kinect trigger.

The error appears in the HS log and on the PC hosting this new kinect:
    ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Long version with detail of steps taken, which may help diagnosis:
    1st remote instance stopped.
    New remote instance started and connected ok.
    Started 1st instance up again and connected ok.
    Went to configure a device and received the above error.
    Tabs for both instances appeared but when selecting the new instance all that is displayed is "Error".
    Stopped the 1st instance and still get the above errors when accessing device configuration with the new instance running.

All this was last night, so this morning I started the new instance without the 1st instance running and I received this error at startup:
    ERROR This API has returned an exception from an HRESULT: 0x80004005 .

For info:
    1st instance is running on Win 8.1 x64
    New instance is on Win7 x64
    I have tried the sample apps that come with the kinect SDK and they work ok, proving cameras and VR.

Any ideas? I wonder if it's nothing to do with having 2 remote instances but something weird with the new setup?
    I copied across all the files from my 1st instance to this new one and just modified the instance name in the parameter list, so the dlls should be ok.
    Thanks.

Found it!

Answering my own question here but at least it may help someone who hits the same issue in the future.

Looking for difference between the PCs hosting each kinect and I could see that the new instance on the Win 7 box had ".Net Framework 4 Client Profile" and not the "full" version of the framework.
    Once I installed .NET 4 full framework onto the box, the errors disappeared and I now have 2 fully working remote kinect instances.

Comment

Working...
    X