www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > MyHS Remote Access Service

MyHS Remote Access Service Discussions regarding myHomeSeer Remote Access Service

Old November 25th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Seer

Can You use HSTouch Designer w MyHS Remote?

Hi I've been spending the Thanksgiving break migrating HS2 to HS3 on new Win 10 H/W
Got the basic events running and just started playing with iPhone Acess using MyHS Remote.
I like how it automatically creates all the appropriate pages for the iPhone but wanted to know where these files exist and if you can modify them with HSTouch Designer? If so I could take advantage of the $99 Designer sale and streamline the interface w/o having to start from scratch.
Thanks for any help!
Mike
Old November 25th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
If so I could take advantage of the $99 Designer sale and streamline the interface w/o having to start from scratch.
Yes, when you download the Designer, you get several projects that could be modified to your liking. I would download the Designer and give it a try. It has a 30 day trial which would allow you to test it for a few days before the $99 deal ends.

Bob
Old November 25th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Seer

Downloaded HS Designer

Hi Bob,
Good suggestion and yes I have downloaded the designer trial. The root of my question is to find the location of the default pages that get created by MyHS Remote to open and edit them rather than start from scratch. New to the HS3 interface but like what I see so far.

Thanks,
Mike
Old November 25th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
The root of my question is to find the location of the default pages that get created by MyHS Remote to open and edit them rather than start from scratch.
I assume by "MyHS Remote" you are actually referring to the HSTouch projects such as iPhone or Android. If this is correct, you can find the Projects in C:\Documents\My HSTouch Projects\. The project skins are located in C:\Documents\HSTouch\. Hope this helps.

Bob
Old November 25th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Seer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
I assume by "MyHS Remote" you are actually referring to the HSTouch projects such as iPhone or Android. If this is correct, you can find the Projects in C:\Documents\My HSTouch Projects\. The project skins are located in C:\Documents\HSTouch\. Hope this helps.

Bob
Thanks Bob making progress I had to connect to the HS3's IP first once I did that I could see & deploy to my iPhone . Steep learning curve in the beginning!
Old November 25th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Steep learning curve in the beginning!
There is a steep learning curve but your design is only limited by your imagination. I actually use Microsoft PowerPoint to create my background images for my screens. I then place "transparent" buttons with the text over my background images. I just find PowerPoint easier and more robust for creating the screens.

Bob
Old November 25th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
I actually use Microsoft PowerPoint to create my background images for my screens. I then place "transparent" buttons with the text over my background images. I just find PowerPoint easier and more robust for creating the screens.

Bob
+1 Bob

Likewise Powerpoint, but I have also used Visio to design background images for my touch screens.

Transparent buttons overlay to make a real nice touch to the screen design

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.318
Hometroller S6 | Devices: 539 | Events: 176
Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .130 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | BLLAN | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro Sonos