www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > MyHS Remote Access Service

MyHS Remote Access Service Discussions regarding myHomeSeer Remote Access Service

Old December 16th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Seer Master

For consideration.... I originally posted this in the beta forum, but...

Would it make sense to have a HS device that shows the status of the myHomeseer connection? Something like status of connected/disconnected and which “server” it is connected to, and maybe a connection timer of sorts? And a button to force a disconnect/reconnection may not be bad either.

Can one enable debug logging for myHomeseer? Not sure if this has been added in the later builds.

If the consensus is to have a web based status page, then I would suggest to design it so that can can simple query via a script that would allow downstream actions to be taken.

The use case for this is ease of understanding of connection status, and a user may want to trigger some events in case the service is not available.

My philosophy is for my automation system to present me with information rather than for me to chase after it to figure out why things are not working! This is probably the number one reason why non techies do not want to use home automation systems.
Old December 16th, 2017, 12:03 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Well, we do have a long list of new triggers we want to add to HS, like "system triggers". This would be one for that list. So you can trigger an event on some change on the MyHS status.

You can do that now with UltraLog I believe since HS writes a log entry whenever the status changes. You could trigger on that entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumpy View Post
For consideration.... I originally posted this in the beta forum, but...

Would it make sense to have a HS device that shows the status of the myHomeseer connection? Something like status of connected/disconnected and which “server” it is connected to, and maybe a connection timer of sorts? And a button to force a disconnect/reconnection may not be bad either.

Can one enable debug logging for myHomeseer? Not sure if this has been added in the later builds.

If the consensus is to have a web based status page, then I would suggest to design it so that can can simple query via a script that would allow downstream actions to be taken.

The use case for this is ease of understanding of connection status, and a user may want to trigger some events in case the service is not available.

My philosophy is for my automation system to present me with information rather than for me to chase after it to figure out why things are not working! This is probably the number one reason why non techies do not want to use home automation systems.

website | products | support | youtube
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:59 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

We had an issue with MyHS responding slowly to requests, or timing out. As of this post everything should be back to normal.
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:26 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
We had an issue with MyHS responding slowly to requests, or timing out. As of this post everything should be back to normal.
I would suggest that immediatly when a problem Is detected that a post be put on the forum, not when it is fixed !!

I suppose I am not the only one who spent precious time trying to detect if the problem was not on my side.
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:51 PM
Seer

Would be nice to have a system status/outage page as well. My MyHS is working for me but having issues with linking accounts to Google Home still.
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:54 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy.lynch View Post
Would be nice to have a system status/outage page as well. My MyHS is working for me but having issues with linking accounts to Google Home still.
Even better !
Old January 20th, 2018, 10:42 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

We are working on a status page, had it mostly working then got put on hold for other work. Still plan on getting this posted.
Old February 1st, 2018, 12:55 PM
Seer

Unhappy Down again

Ugh down again? I switched to Homeseer in December and this is the 3rd time this has been down in 2 months. Is this common? This is becoming an issue. Is there no redundancies in place for such a vital service?
Old February 1st, 2018, 12:57 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Ugh down again? I switched to Homeseer in December and this is the 3rd time this has been down in 2 months. Is this common? This is becoming an issue. Is there no redundancies in place for such a vital service?
It's working for me. Is your back up?
Old February 1st, 2018, 12:58 PM
Seer

Just found out its connected2.homeseer.com that is down. I'm changing everything over to myhs.homeseer.com this seems to be the issue. Thanks
Old February 1st, 2018, 12:59 PM
Viewer

MyHS down?

Seems like myhs is down. The connection to IFTTT and Google Home seems to have stopped working.
Old February 1st, 2018, 01:00 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Just found out its connected2.homeseer.com that is down. I'm changing everything over to myhs.homeseer.com this seems to be the issue. Thanks
Makes sense, I'm using MyHS and after logged in I see ti directs to me on Connected11 here.
Old February 1st, 2018, 01:03 PM
OverSeer

We're checking on this now.
Old February 1st, 2018, 01:10 PM
Seer Plus

Any update on this? Not working for me in the UK. My homeseer system is working but none of my Echos can talk to it. If I go to myhs.homeseer.com it goes to connected11 but that says cannot connect to system might be offline.

Have tried restarting it but no joy. The homeseer server can connect to the internet fine.
Old February 1st, 2018, 02:35 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Everything tests ok here. I am looking at the logs to see what happened. There is a backup system and it takes 5 minutes to switch. I see that it did switch over then switched back when the primary came back.
Old February 1st, 2018, 02:40 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croccy22 View Post
Any update on this? Not working for me in the UK. My homeseer system is working but none of my Echos can talk to it. If I go to myhs.homeseer.com it goes to connected11 but that says cannot connect to system might be offline.

Have tried restarting it but no joy. The homeseer server can connect to the internet fine.
Same here. Might explain the problems I'm having with the Alexa. New Skill stopped working. Devices are not recognised by the New Skill yet I can switch to the Old Skill and everything is working fine.

Are the two Skills on different servers
Old February 1st, 2018, 03:59 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Is the Alexa V3 not working now? It looks ok here.
Old February 1st, 2018, 04:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Is the Alexa V3 not working now? It looks ok here.
It works good here too. But 1/5 of time alexa just says ok and nothing happen since i installed the v3 api

Last edited by Summerguy; February 1st, 2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old February 1st, 2018, 05:14 PM
Seer Deluxe

I've got the new skill back working again.
Old February 11th, 2018, 04:13 AM
Seer Deluxe

My hs is down here