No announcement yet.

HomeSeer 200 Series Wall Switches Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy, sometimes you have an existing setup that either goes too low or too high for your needs. Rather than replace a pile of bulbs in a hall fixture, or change the bulbs in a half dozen cans, you could easily set a min or max level.

To me a dimmer should have ramp rate, min level and max level controls.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      Easy, sometimes you have an existing setup that either goes too low or too high for your needs. Rather than replace a pile of bulbs in a hall fixture, or change the bulbs in a half dozen cans, you could easily set a min or max level.

To me a dimmer should have ramp rate, min level and max level controls.
      Because the HS dimmers are instant status you can create an event/script that sets a virtual min/max level
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Because the HS dimmers are instant status you can create an event/script that sets a virtual min/max level
        I couldn't even wrap my head around what it would take to do that. That's why knowing that some things are available in "Settings" makes them much easier to set up. For the technically oriented scrips and events work, but for the plug 'n play people there needs to be an easier way, IMO.

Comment

I couldn't even wrap my head around what it would take to do that. That's why knowing that some things are available in "Settings" makes them much easier to set up. For the technically oriented scrips and events work, but for the plug 'n play people there needs to be an easier way, IMO.
          I had to show someone where the settings were just the other day, he knew there was one.. just not where to find it.

Unfortunately every piece of tech has a learning curve. The more powerful it is, the steeper the curve will be. The only way to make something 'just work' is to give it no configuration at all.

The current state of home automation is far from 'plug and play'. Every single system installed by DIY'ers will be a custom setup.

But back to using events to set light levels.... here is a quick example; This is an event which normally would run a script which sets the lighting level based on the time of day/evening. If the light is already on and dimmed it sets the light to 100%.

I've changed it to instead simply turn 'on' to 75% when the top paddle is pressed.
          Attached Files

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
            I had to show someone where the settings were just the other day, he knew there was one.. just not where to find it.

Unfortunately every piece of tech has a learning curve. The more powerful it is, the steeper the curve will be. The only way to make something 'just work' is to give it no configuration at all.

The current state of home automation is far from 'plug and play'. Every single system installed by DIY'ers will be a custom setup.

But back to using events to set light levels.... here is a quick example; This is an event which normally would run a script which sets the lighting level based on the time of day/evening. If the light is already on and dimmed it sets the light to 100%.

I've changed it to instead simply turn 'on' to 75% when the top paddle is pressed.
            I was going to tell him the same thing but you beat me to it.

Why this works due because of the instant status feature and the fact that the dimmers ramp rate is long enough for the controller to give the dimmer a new command which interrupts the existing cycle all before the dimmer has a chance to get to its target setting. If the ramp rate was set short enough you would see the dimmer do the sudden change in mid cycle.

HS did a nice job in how they programmed the WD100.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Thanks @jmaddox and @Timon for the quick lesson in controlling lighting. Silly, as the status reporting was the main reason I switched from Linear to HS.

You learn something new everyday. The key is to not forget the stuff you learned on all the previous days.

Comment

Thanks @jmaddox and @Timon for the quick lesson in controlling lighting. Silly, as the status reporting was the main reason I switched from Linear to HS.

You learn something new everyday. The key is to not forget the stuff you learned on all the previous days.
                You're Welcome. When I moved to HS I had 24 Evolve dimmers and have added 15 HS WD100 dimmers along with a few GE Wave Plus devices. I'm moving as fast as I can, and our budget allows, to get all of my Evolve devices replaced with HS ones. Not having instant status on the Evolves is a PITA.
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Hi folks - I've been planning to purchase the GE fan switches, but am excited about the HS-FC200+ announcement.

I'm building a house so haven't yet purchased the ceiling fans.

Can someone help me understand what fan(s) are compatible with these switches as I shop? I've heard of issues where the GE switch isn't compatable with an AC multi-speed fan.

The HS-FC200+ is described as a four speed controller. Can someone help me understand that better? Want to make sure I only shop for compatible fans with my wife. We'll be purchasing the fans in the next month or two (before the actual FC200 releases).

LFW

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
                    Can someone help me understand what fan(s) are compatible with these switches as I shop? I've heard of issues where the GE switch isn't compatable with an AC multi-speed fan.

The HS-FC200+ is described as a four speed controller. Can someone help me understand that better? Want to make sure I only shop for compatible fans with my wife. We'll be purchasing the fans in the next month or two (before the actual FC200 releases).

LFW
                    I'm also curious. My suspicion is the FC200 will essentially be a 4 level (5 including off) current regulating device (sort of like a dimmer) that is more friendly with electrical motor loads.

The fan in our family room a pull chain for 3 speeds. I suspect I'll have to set the chain to the highest speed and then let the FC200 do the work from there on out after changing the wall box from a 2-gang to 3-gang to accomodate an additional switch. Thankfully the original electrician ran 14/3 to the fan, yet for some odd reason there's only a 2-gang box and no fan specific switch.

Comment

Hi folks - I've been planning to purchase the GE fan switches, but am excited about the HS-FC200+ announcement.

I'm building a house so haven't yet purchased the ceiling fans.

LFW
                      Usually 4 speed means High, Medium, Low and Off.

As long as the motor isn't electronically controlled any wall controller should be fine. Most fans that come with RF controls are typically controlled from a small box that is wired into the canopy at the time the fan is installed. Wire it directly and use the wall controller.

Comment

Thanks - I understand that, but from an electrical perspective is there anything I need to look for?

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                          Our new 200 series wall switches will debut at CES 2018 next month. The new switches are equipped with RGB LED indicators that can be controlled with Z-Wave commands.

The new dimmer and switch begin shipping in January. The fan controller will ship in April.

Full press release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/12/prweb15042437.htm

Dimmer product page: https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...gb-wall-dimmer
                          One of the features I like about the GE zwave fan controller is that when you turn it on, it spins up to high, then reduces to the set speed. Will the HS fan controllers have this function?

Comment

Thanks - I understand that, but from an electrical perspective is there anything I need to look for?
                            If the fan has a pull switch to change speeds, or if it has a speed controller that is wired into the canopy during install you can use a wall switch to control it.

Comment

Our fan controller will work with 3-speed and 4-speed fans that are 2.5 amps or less. "Off" is not counted as a speed. By default, LED indicators will reflect the speeds. "High" will light up all LEDs (even for a 3-speed fan).
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Excited about the fan controller too. I'd be even more excited for a single gang combo fan speed and light dimmer with a separate paddle for each.
                                Last edited by jrfuda; January 3, 2018, 02:18 PM. Reason: did not mean to qoute previous post
                                John
                                Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                                Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                                HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                                Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Working...
                                X