Show Client Name in Textbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Client Name in Textbox

I keep getting my tablets mixed up, is there a way to have a function or something to put the client name in a textbox or something?

It is easy if you run a unique project in each tablet.

If several tablets run the same project, then it becomes difficult (though, still technically possible) for the xml to distinguish them from one another. Here's a link to one thread on the subject. I'm sure there have been others.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ight=scripting
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Comment

Not to trivialize the problem, but would it suffice to put the name of each tablet on a label attached to the back? Under what circumstances do you need to know the name?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I could put a label on the back, but that isn't Engineer-Kosher (Engineerisher?) They both sit beside me, and one always runs HSTouch (AV1), AV2 gets used on my xlink kai game server, chat server, surfing the web and stuff. AV1 is HS's audio box for Cortana. At some point I got the two swapped, and it took me a while of troubleshooting why I can't hear Cortana when it was AV2 sitting in the captain's helm. We won't get into how long it took to figure out the problem. They get charged by QI Charging, and sometimes charging stops, and the battery runs dead, and I have to unplug charger (wallwort) to reset charging (No idea why). I assume this happened to AV1, and I swapped it out with AV2 in order to power on the EQ. Or who knows why they got swapped. I tried for a minute to create an event that if AV1 was not available as an Audio Client to enable AV2 or vice versa, but I gave up. I have such issues with audio routing for announcements and stuff. If I have AV1 working, and think I'll just switch over to using AV2 for announcements, it'd probably take me a couple of days to get Audio out of AV2. I tried just last week, I never got it to work, and I checked to make sure I could hear youtube. That's the reason AV1 needs to be in the Captain's Pedestal, and a tag on the back means I have to take it off the pedestal. Full disclosure: The Pedestal uses some type of micro suction pad, and if you remove the tablet after a few days, it feels like you have an equal chance of ripping the stuff off the pedestal as compared to it releasing the tablet. Case in point: The base that the Pedestal sits on has a glass top, and the base of the pedestal is held on with the same stuff to the glass top. Well, due to all the wiring in the base, the sticky stuff is only glued around the edge, and I ended up ripping the pedestal from the bottom pad (The pad stayed attached to the glass.) So I had to glue that back on, and it should be strong, but good grief, this stuff is insane. So, in closing, AV1 needs not be removed arbitrarily.
          http://www.swichwicharger.com/design.html

Comment

I've had situations along those lines. Not exactly the same, but similar enough. My solution has been to put distinguishing mark(s) on the devices. It can be subtle, just not so subtle you can't easily distinguish them. (In the first case I encountered I just used the scuff patterns to tell them apart, but I'm older now and need a reminder that is more blatant than that, so now I'd probably use a small colored dot on the bezel.)

Comment

Working...
            X