This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotify and Homeseer

I have been using the music app Spotify and its remote controller "Remoteless" for the past few months. It's awesome! By far the best music service and player out there.

I have Spotify and Spotify remote helper installed on my Homeseer computer feeding my whole house audio system. I control Spotify via my iPad, iTouch, and iPhone. I have total control of playlists, artist, song, volume, pause, start/ stop, everything I need.

HomeSeer is able to mute Spotify for announcements. Playlists can be started and stopped by events.

I do not use any Homeseer music plugins and still have full control of my whole house audio.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Steve,
    Does Remoteless run on the Android/iOS as the remote control to Spotify running on the windows box?
    Does Spotify remote helper run on the Windows box that Spotify is running on?
    Lastly have you integrated this with HSTouch in any form or fashion?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, according to their website, an android app is available.

http://remoteless.no/

Yes, remote helper runs on the same box as Spotify

I am not an HS touch user therefore I have not integrated Remoteless with HStouch.

Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Could you provide some more details please?
        How do you do this?--
        I have total control of playlists, artist, song, volume, pause, start/ stop, everything I need.

HomeSeer is able to mute Spotify for announcements. Playlists can be started and stopped by events.
        I love Spotify, use it all the time.

Thanks,
        Tim
        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Spotify and Homeseer

Tim, I have Spotify and Remoteless Helper installed on my Homeseer computer. They run in the background 24/7. The sound card output of my computer goes to my whole house audio system. ( I have posted the details here, years ago ). I'll try to find the post.

I have the Remoteless app installed on all of my ios devices. Whenever I want to play music, I use my iOS device as a remote. It provides complete control of Spotify.

When Spotify is playing, Homeseer can mute Spotify by using a simple "AutoIt" script to send keystrokes to Spotify to play/pause. I use this for time announcements, newscasts, and "someone at the door" messages. I've tried to get the Spotify API to work directly with Homeseer, but was not successful. I'm sure it's possible; I'm just not skilled enough.

The whole setup is pretty simple. It's ideal for me because I always have my iPhone in my pocket.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
          X