www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > MyHS Remote Access Service

MyHS Remote Access Service Discussions regarding myHomeSeer Remote Access Service

Old April 30th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Seer Deluxe

Will it be possible in the future to use this service from 3rd party apps ?

E.g. I am in the process of writing an app for the pebble to control homeseer. However, the address is different when I am connected to my home wifi vs mobile data.

Having a decent API with one connection point would greatly improve mobile applications |!
Old May 5th, 2014, 04:46 PM
OverSeer

Mark, any hope of this being made available to HS2 users, or are we now destined to the dustbin of HST?

A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro
Old May 8th, 2014, 01:51 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogs View Post
Mark, any hope of this being made available to HS2 users, or are we now destined to the dustbin of HST?
Gordon - This does require changes to the main app and we're not doing any more coding for HS2. What's stopping you from going to HS3? Do you have hardware that isn't supported in the new version?

website | products | support | youtube
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:54 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macromark View Post
Gordon - This does require changes to the main app and we're not doing any more coding for HS2. What's stopping you from going to HS3? Do you have hardware that isn't supported in the new version?
Yes Mark I do have important scripts/plug-ins that are not compatible with HS3 and unfortunately the Authors have no immediate intension of making them compatible.
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:58 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Can you give us a list? There may be alternatives.

Quote:
Yes Mark I do have important scripts/plug-ins that are not compatible with HS3 and unfortunately the Authors have no immediate intension of making them compatible.

website | products | support | youtube
Old May 8th, 2014, 04:21 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Thanks for quick reply Rich, here are the main ones

DooMotion ( I know long time ago and definitely no update )
DooMenu ( OK there are alternatives )
SnevlCID
SnevlLATITUDE ( The most important one )
MeteoAlarm (Not sure if this works with HS3 or not )

As for scripts I cannot remember which ones would not work, I'm sure with a bit of tweaking they would work again.
Old May 8th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
I switched to PHLocation to get this functionality for HS3.
My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, EasyTrigger, FBitSeer, HSTouch Server, Kinect, PHLocation, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:11 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
DooMotion ( I know long time ago and definitely no update )
DooMenu ( OK there are alternatives )
SnevlCID
MeteoAlarm (Not sure if this works with HS3 or not )
I switched to BLRadar from DooMotion (using it on HS2 right now, but have it installed and tested it on HS3 in preparation of my cutover). I think MeteoAlarm is a script, not a plugin. I took a quick look at it and it doesn't look like it would take much to make it work with HS3. There are a number of CID options as well such as UltraCID.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old May 9th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
There are a group of us waiting on the Media Player plug-in http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163068

Thanks,
Barry
Old May 13th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by automateme View Post
I cannot log in through myhs.homeseer.com since yesterday. I get the error "Homeseer is not running". I am not getting any errors in my HS3 log, but I have not rebooted the machine since successfully connecting HS3 to MyHomeSeer a couple of days ago.

Is the service up or down right now?
I am running into the same since (I believe) upgraded to HS3 .90. I know HS3 is running just cannot access it via this service. Are others running into access issues?
Old May 13th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Seer Master

Uncheck and re-check the myHomeSeer box on the Setup/Network tab. This should solve your problem.
Old May 13th, 2014, 08:21 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

We will be posting an hs3 update today that fixes the connection issue.
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Seer

I'm struggling to get this app going - I've just installed it and don't know if the 'no connection' problems are my fault or yours! When I registered I was asked for email address, email password, HS3 ID number and HS3 password. When I try to login it asks for a username. Is that one of those four, or something different?

Edit - I think I might have got it now... it means the user name from the Web settings page, right?

Last edited by mberger; May 13th, 2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: I saw the light
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:10 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

The login is the new email address you entered when you registered. Not the email for your license, although they can be the same. The password is the new password you entered twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mberger View Post
I'm struggling to get this app going - I've just installed it and don't know if the 'no connection' problems are my fault or yours! When I registered I was asked for email address, email password, HS3 ID number and HS3 password. When I try to login it asks for a username. Is that one of those four, or something different?
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Seer

Thanks Rich. OK, I was still wrong. But I think I'm getting there, I have to add that username and password to the Web access page in HS3, have I got it right now?

Unfortunately I'm still getting 'connection failed, check settings' so maybe that is down to the problems you mention above.
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:33 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Make sure your HS is registered, and restart HS. Then go to myhs.homeseer.com and see if you can log in. The connection issue I am referring to is only an issue when HS is running for a long period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mberger View Post
Thanks Rich. OK, I was still wrong. But I think I'm getting there, I have to add that username and password to the Web access page in HS3, have I got it right now?

Unfortunately I'm still getting 'connection failed, check settings' so maybe that is down to the problems you mention above.
Old May 13th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Seer

Thanks for trying to help. I've given up for now, I think I'm going to spend a lot of time on this. I've gone back to android client 1.0.0.57 but now I can't connect to the HS server using the router's external address, which worked yesterday. Antivirus and firewall off, and connecting to the server PC's internal address works OK. Any ideas? I've double checked the ip address.

Edit - sorted now, it was a router port forwarding issue. I guess this may have been the problem all along - certainly hope so!

Last edited by mberger; May 13th, 2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Seer Deluxe

"No systems are online" connection error

Rich,

I've registered with MyHS and have downloaded and installed the various software (HS3 v3.0.0.84, HSTouch Android client 1.0.83, HSTouch server plug-in v3.0.0.36). I've registered with MyHomeSeer and have verified the registration. Nonetheless, I'm still unable to log in on my Android. (I can log in on the MyHomeSeer web page with no problem.)

Wish I could say what the actual error message is that I'm getting but the window with "Unable to connect. Click OK to retry" comes up right over the top of the error message. I think the error message is suggesting that I should make sure I've registered. It also seems to be saying something about not having the correct license information. I've checked all of it and it seems okay although I'm unsure of what info goes into the MyHomeSeer-Connect settings on the HS3/Setup/network page, specifically the "MyHomeSeer Connect LicenseID" (I used the HS3 license number) and the "MyHomeSeer Connect Domain Name" blocks.

Bill
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.4.8 | BLRF 2.0.61.0 | BLRadar 2.0.67.0 | BLOccupied 2.0.5.0 | BLGarbage 2.0.4.0 | BLOutgoingCalls 2.0.3.0 | X10 3.0.0.19 | UltraCID3 3.0.5232.32831 | HSTouch 3.0.0.38
Waiting For: HSPhone
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:22 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

One thing that is not obvious, and this is just a security thing, is that it tries to log into your HSTouch plugin using the MyHS credentials. So you need to make sure the same user/pass combination is entered into the user config page in your HS3 setup.

If you connect from outside your home, HS will automatically add this user for you, so it just works. We can do this since we have already authorized you through MyHS so we assume the user/pass is valid for your system.

When connecting locally (from inside your home), MyHS simply re-directs you to the IP or your HS system, so we have no way to automatically add the credentials to HS. The error message in HSTouch should say this, sounds like its not displaying properly and I will look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlucent View Post
Rich,

I've registered with MyHS and have downloaded and installed the various software (HS3 v3.0.0.84, HSTouch Android client 1.0.83, HSTouch server plug-in v3.0.0.36). I've registered with MyHomeSeer and have verified the registration. Nonetheless, I'm still unable to log in on my Android. (I can log in on the MyHomeSeer web page with no problem.)

Wish I could say what the actual error message is that I'm getting but the window with "Unable to connect. Click OK to retry" comes up right over the top of the error message. I think the error message is suggesting that I should make sure I've registered. It also seems to be saying something about not having the correct license information. I've checked all of it and it seems okay although I'm unsure of what info goes into the MyHomeSeer-Connect settings on the HS3/Setup/network page, specifically the "MyHomeSeer Connect LicenseID" (I used the HS3 license number) and the "MyHomeSeer Connect Domain Name" blocks.

Bill
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
One thing that is not obvious, and this is just a security thing, is that it tries to log into your HSTouch plugin using the MyHS credentials. So you need to make sure the same user/pass combination is entered into the user config page in your HS3 setup.

If you connect from outside your home, HS will automatically add this user for you, so it just works. We can do this since we have already authorized you through MyHS so we assume the user/pass is valid for your system.

When connecting locally (from inside your home), MyHS simply re-directs you to the IP or your HS system, so we have no way to automatically add the credentials to HS. The error message in HSTouch should say this, sounds like its not displaying properly and I will look into that.
I've validated that the UID/password combination is correct on my setup page but still can't log in.

I did manage to get the error to show up. What it says is:

" Unable to connect with MyHomeSeer service. Make sure you registered your system and entered login info in settings. Server said: License ID for the provided user/pass is not valid, did you register?"

That sounds like the error you describe but for the life of me I can't figure out where it could be entered incorrectly. Isn't the MyHomeSeer License ID the same number as my HS3 LicenseID?

Bill

EDIT: Rich, I rebooted both my computer and my Android and now it seems to be working. Not sure what the problem was but don't spend time on this one. I'll let you know if the problem recurs.

Last edited by xlucent; May 13th, 2014 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Updating the situation. Problem was resolved by reboot, I think.