No announcement yet.

Kinect on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there drivers for the kinect for linux?
    The day you can use the kinect thru the Raspberry Pi will be a good day. Really do not want to put PCs around the house just for a kinect
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      The day you can use the kinect thru the Raspberry Pi will be a good day. Really do not want to put PCs around the house just for a kinect
      I would second that one it would sure make my setup more energy efficient

Cheers Ken
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        +1 for Kinect with no pc attached. Any form of network based device would be ideal.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

looks like it: http://openkinect.org/wiki/Main_Page

Comment

I already have pcs around the house... hah

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Personally and related to the related OS thing into automation; Microsoft's use of the Kinect relating to automation will probably draw the current Windows user base (which is still double digits in the world) en masse to Microsoft automation.

Mostly cuz automation today its more about function than a nice looking console....whatever OS that may be running in.

That said today mostly newbie automation folks are just catching up to that whole mini console remote thing that already worked fine in the late 1990's; just nicer looking today than it was back then.

Its the meat of automation though that counts more than the interface (console) to automation.

But this is my opinion only...
              Last edited by Pete; June 18, 2014, 03:12 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how it goes with Apple also, they are such a strong partner of microsoft's and all. Hey Spud if you want another toy why not get a leap controller? I think it doesn't have the range of the kinect but might be more precise. Imagine a deaf person using sign language to control their house that would be something special.

Comment

Kinect is here!

Kinect arrived, it's all connected, plugin installed and error free. I set up a test event and it's not running. Verified in control panel sound devices that the kinect is picking up my voice (although faintly) under the config page for the plugin the field for kinect sensor is blank with no options. Got any ideas?

Comment

could you set the log level to debug and capture the logs when you start the plugin.

have you installed the kinect SDK as explained in the user guide?
                    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162315

Comment

ok the sdk was the issue, got it working now time to test it out!

Comment

Ok this is pretty amazing, fine work Spud! Is it using its own VR engine or does it tie into Homeseers at all whereas I could use their embedded commands?

I was looking at the syntax coding..pretty clever workaround how you have it creating variables dynamically then have the script act based on their value. If you could eliminate the coding by loading the array generation for pre-set commands and variables into a GUI you could sell this for much more. Was just talking to a guy at my smoke shack who works in home healthcare for senior citizens and the guys eyes brightened up when I went through home automation potentials.

Also side question are there any other windows applications /games that make use of this? Been wanting to play around with one for a while, might have to wipe the dust off the Xbox 360.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                          Ok this is pretty amazing, fine work Spud! Is it using its own VR engine or does it tie into Homeseers at all whereas I could use their embedded commands?

I was looking at the syntax coding..pretty clever workaround how you have it creating variables dynamically then have the script act based on their value. If you could eliminate the coding by loading the array generation for pre-set commands and variables into a GUI you could sell this for much more. Was just talking to a guy at my smoke shack who works in home healthcare for senior citizens and the guys eyes brightened up when I went through home automation potentials.

Also side question are there any other windows applications /games that make use of this? Been wanting to play around with one for a while, might have to wipe the dust off the Xbox 360.
                          The embedded commands dont work with the kinect plugin as far as I know but I find that with the syntax that spud provided it is far more accurate and flexable it you create a few events. To tell you the truth I have over 200 events jsut for Kinect VR stuff and it keeps growing every day total pretty much every device in my house that Hs controls can be done with voice as well as many annoucnement such as asking for the weather or the time and asking HS if the garage ddor are opened or closed also events to suht down the house at bedtime and wake it up in the morning.

Could probably do alot more if I knew how to write scripts
                          Cheers Ken
                          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Ok this is pretty amazing, fine work Spud!
                            Thanks

Is it using its own VR engine or does it tie into Homeseers at all whereas I could use their embedded commands?
                            it uses its own VR engine, so you can't use embedded commands. I could try to recreate them but that's a big task, ideally HST should implement some kind of VR Proxy interface to let a plugin act as the VR part of the speaker client, similarly to the Speak proxy interface that let a plugin act as the TTS part of the speaker client.

If you could eliminate the coding by loading the array generation for pre-set commands and variables into a GUI you could sell this for much more.
                            Not sure I understand...

The Kinect SDK comes with a gallery of simple applications to show what the Kinect can do, but nothing very useful

Comment

A GUI where someone could enter the triggers actions objects etc. When kinect picks up a voice command it just matches across everything to get to correct action. In your GUI you could set the event to call etc

Comment

Disable and Enable VR/Presence Detection

Is there a way to accomplish this? I'm getting falls positives with .8 confidence when watching movies or playing games. If so then I could easily have it disabled on XBMC play and re-enabled on pause/stop. Running steam on the HTPC also, Maybe Jon00's plugin can help there too if I can set some sort of triggers.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X