Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super slow PLCBUS scene change (HS3 only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand .... PlcBus scene programming is really weird... I could never understand why there is no PlcBus command to add a module to a scene with a specific dim level/ramp rate ... Adding "On devices" is fine if you have a few modules, but if you have 70, it must be a nightmare....
    --
    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
      I understand .... PlcBus scene programming is really weird... I could never understand why there is no PlcBus command to add a module to a scene with a specific dim level/ramp rate ... Adding "On devices" is fine if you have a few modules, but if you have 70, it must be a nightmare....
      Yeah, I agree. It was mainly designed to be controlled with the wired controller and for smaller installation probably.

The programming part can be kind of iffy, but at least it should be a one-time thing. I'm quite amazed at the reliability of the system though, I didn't think it would scale this well to 70+.
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

I have about 30 PlcBus modules, and as long as all modules are correctly wired (live on live, neutral on neutral) I don't remember getting any miss. It has been perfectly reliable for years.
        --
        stipus

Comment

I have about 30 PlcBus modules, and as long as all modules are correctly wired (live on live, neutral on neutral) I don't remember getting any miss. It has been perfectly reliable for years.
          Yeah, I've had experience with modules that was only 40-50% compliant to commands. Turned out there was a loose cable. It was a combination of very tight installation space, super thick cables (hard to bend and control) and weak check on my part.

Btw I have some (very seldom used) modules that don't respond to status checks (polls, etc) but can be controlled and programmed with scenes. Which cable is loose/disconnected in that case?
          HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

If you have any module in your house plugged with reversed wires, then other modules can randomly not respond (no ack responses, problem with polling)...

The secret for 100% reliability is to check all modules and PlcBus computer interface for correct wiring or plugging. Live MUST go on live, especially for plug-in modules that can too easily be plugged the wrong way (at least with french plugs).

I also had one faulty module, that could not reply to any command (it did not respond to poll, ack requests, signal strength, noise level...) but could receive requests (it did react to ON/OFF...). This module was replaced by the vendor, and I didn't have any other problem since then.
            --
            stipus

Comment

If you have any module in your house plugged with reversed wires, then other modules can randomly not respond (no ack responses, problem with polling)...

The secret for 100% reliability is to check all modules and PlcBus computer interface for correct wiring or plugging. Live MUST go on live, especially for plug-in modules that can too easily be plugged the wrong way (at least with french plugs).

I also had one faulty module, that could not reply to any command (it did not respond to poll, ack requests, signal strength, noise level...) but could receive requests (it did react to ON/OFF...). This module was replaced by the vendor, and I didn't have any other problem since then.
              Thanks for the tips. Currently I just have one plugin module connected... but yeah, we use the euro plug here so it's very easy to flip them upside down.

I notice that when I poll the house codes, there are some modules missing from the list that I know should exist and connected to my powerline. So I will start by checking the wiring of those modulesfirst. I know that 100% of the modules in my house respond to on/off commands, but once I get into the programming part (polling, scene creation, checking for noise and signal strength) there are some modules that don't reply.

Comment

In my experience:

- With plug-in modules, you may also want to check the live position in the wall socket. Sometimes it can happen that the wires are not wired correctly in the socket. Then you think the plug-in module is connected the right way when it's not.

- I understand that you want to check the "not responding" modules first... but sometimes it can be another module with reversed wiring that "blocks" other modules...
                --
                stipus

Comment

In my experience:

- With plug-in modules, you may also want to check the live position in the wall socket. Sometimes it can happen that the wires are not wired correctly in the socket. Then you think the plug-in module is connected the right way when it's not.
                  Yes, I think I'll just disconnect that one for the time being.

- I understand that you want to check the "not responding" modules first... but sometimes it can be another module with reversed wiring that "blocks" other modules...
                  This is very valuable tip... do you know the logic of that? Whether close addresses (in their binary format) may interfere with one another... or proximity to one another (in cabling distance)...

Comment

Did you get any other problem with the latest version ? Do you think I can send it to the HomeSeer updater ?

Thanks,
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

Did you get any other problem with the latest version ? Do you think I can send it to the HomeSeer updater ?

Thanks,
                      No problems at all so far with this version, working great here!

Comment

@stipus: I tested creating and deleting new scenes with no problems. But found out 'Remove currently 'On' devices' doesn't work properly. Example:

1. Create scene B1 that turns on A1, A2, A3, A4. Success.
                        2. We want to remove A3 and A4... so turn A1, A2 OFF and leave A3, A4 ON.
                        3. Run 'Remove currently 'On' devices' on scene B1.
                        4. ALL OF THE LIGHTS IN THE SCENE WILL TURN ON, then A3 and A4 are removed from the list. The 'success checkmark' icon shows up in the status column.
                        5. Then after that, none of the lights in scene B1 (A1, A2 too) respond to ON/OFF any more. But the text on the scene looks correct (B1 = A1 on, A2 on)

So 'Remove currently On devices' acts like 'remove ALL devices in this scene' to me. Maybe on step #4, it mistakenly fires B1 ON, then issues the device removal command, effectively removing all devices in that scene.
                        Last edited by LeoS; May 19, 2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Stipus, is the problem description above clear enough? I've just edited it a little more... I was writing it with a bad headache I guess

Comment

Can you set the plugin debug mode 'on', try again to remove some modules from a scene, and post the log.

Regards,
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Can you set the plugin debug mode 'on', try again to remove some modules from a scene, and post the log.

Regards,
                              Ok, I will do it as soon as I can (night mode now).

Comment

Regards,
                                Ok, I've done the test on my 'cleanest' housecode/area. I've created a new scene M4, added devices A1, A2, A3, A4, after confirming the new scene works, I tried to remove A3 and A4. The text on HS3 looks correct (A1 & A2 are gone from the scene), but in fact all of the devices A1-A4 are removed from M4. Here is the log:

ps: before this test, I already have scene M3 that controls A1 and A2. It shows up in the log and its status updated in some calls (to sync the status, I assume, since it overlaps with M4).

Code:
                                May-20 11:34:34 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	PostBackProc[] Page=[Configuration]
                                May-20 11:34:33 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	GetPagePlugin[] Page=[Configuration]
                                May-20 11:34:26 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Rcvd Ack: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:True IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:26 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:34:26 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:24 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M4] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:24 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:24 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M3] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:24 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A1] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:24 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M3] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:24 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A2] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:24 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[Scene : Test] address=[138-M4] type=[PlcBus Scene] controlValue=[0]
                                May-20 11:34:24 AM	 	Device Control	Device: System zzINACTIVE Scene : Test to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                May-20 11:34:23 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Rcvd Ack: (138) M4 On Data1:100 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:True IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:23 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) M4 On Data1:100 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:34:22 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M4] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:34:22 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) M4 On Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:22 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A1] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:34:22 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A2] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:34:22 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[Scene : Test] address=[138-M4] type=[PlcBus Scene] controlValue=[101]
                                May-20 11:34:22 AM	 	Device Control	Device: System zzINACTIVE Scene : Test to On (101) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                May-20 11:34:21 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Rcvd Ack: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:True IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:21 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:34:21 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M4] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:21 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:21 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M3] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:21 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A1] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:21 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M3] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:21 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A2] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:21 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[Scene : Test] address=[138-M4] type=[PlcBus Scene] controlValue=[0]
                                May-20 11:34:21 AM	 	Device Control	Device: System zzINACTIVE Scene : Test to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                May-20 11:34:19 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Rcvd Ack: (138) M4 On Data1:100 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:True IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:19 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) M4 On Data1:100 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:34:19 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M4] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:34:19 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) M4 On Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:19 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A1] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:34:19 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A2] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:34:19 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[Scene : Test] address=[138-M4] type=[PlcBus Scene] controlValue=[101]
                                May-20 11:34:19 AM	 	Device Control	Device: System zzINACTIVE Scene : Test to On (101) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                May-20 11:34:17 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Rcvd Ack: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:True IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:17 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:34:16 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M4] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:16 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:16 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[Scene : Test] address=[138-M4] type=[PlcBus Scene] controlValue=[0]
                                May-20 11:34:16 AM	 	Device Control	Device: System zzINACTIVE Scene : Test to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                May-20 11:34:11 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) M4 SceneAddressErase Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:False Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:34:10 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) M4 SceneAddressErase Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:False Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                [B]May-20 11:34:10 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Scene [138-M4] - Removing ON device=[138-A3]
                                May-20 11:34:10 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Scene [138-M4] - Removing ON device=[138-A4][/B]
                                May-20 11:34:09 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[Scene : Test] address=[138-M4] type=[PlcBus Scene] controlValue=[502]
                                May-20 11:34:09 AM	 	Device Control	Device: System zzINACTIVE Scene : Test to Remove currently 'On' devices (502) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                May-20 11:34:01 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M4] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:01 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M3] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:01 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A2] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:34:01 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Rcvd Ack: (138) A2 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:True IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:34:01 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) A2 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:34:01 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) A2 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:33:59 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) A2 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:33:59 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[Main light] address=[138-A2] type=[PlcBus Appliance] controlValue=[0]
                                May-20 11:33:59 AM	 	Device Control	Device: 2 Master Bedroom Main light to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                May-20 11:33:58 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M4] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:33:58 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M3] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:33:58 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A1] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:33:57 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[TV Light] address=[138-A1] type=[PlcBus Appliance] controlValue=[0]
                                May-20 11:33:57 AM	 	Device Control	Device: 2 Master Bedroom TV Light to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                May-20 11:33:56 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Received: (138) A1 ReportOnlyOnIdPulse3Phase Data1:0 Data2:15 Tx:False AckReq:False Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:False RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:33:55 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) A1 GetOnlyOnIdPulse Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:False Ack:False IDreq:True Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:33:54 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) A1 GetOnlyOnIdPulse Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:False Ack:False IDreq:True Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:33:50 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Rcvd Ack: (138) M4 On Data1:100 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:True IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:33:50 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) M4 On Data1:100 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:33:49 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M4] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:33:49 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) M4 On Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:33:49 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A3] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:33:49 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A4] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:33:49 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A1] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:33:49 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A2] status set to [On]
                                May-20 11:33:49 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[Scene : Test] address=[138-M4] type=[PlcBus Scene] controlValue=[101]
                                May-20 11:33:49 AM	 	Device Control	Device: System zzINACTIVE Scene : Test to On (101) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                May-20 11:33:48 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Rcvd Ack: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:True IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:33:48 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:33:47 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M4] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:33:47 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) M4 Off Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:True Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:33:47 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A3] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:33:47 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A4] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:33:47 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M3] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:33:47 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A1] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:33:47 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M3] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:33:47 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-A2] status set to [Off]
                                May-20 11:33:47 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[Scene : Test] address=[138-M4] type=[PlcBus Scene] controlValue=[0]
                                May-20 11:33:47 AM	 	Device Control	Device: System zzINACTIVE Scene : Test to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                May-20 11:33:42 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sent: (138) M4 SceneAddressSetup Data1:2 Data2:0 Tx:True AckReq:False Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:True PlcBusOK:True
                                May-20 11:33:41 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	Sending: (138) M4 SceneAddressSetup Data1:2 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:False Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False
                                May-20 11:33:41 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Scene [138-M4] - Adding ON device=[138-A3] value=[101]
                                May-20 11:33:41 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Scene [138-M4] - Adding ON device=[138-A4] value=[101]
                                May-20 11:33:41 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Scene [138-M4] - Adding ON device=[138-A1] value=[101]
                                May-20 11:33:41 AM	 	PLCBUS Device	Scene [138-M4] - Adding ON device=[138-A2] value=[101]
                                May-20 11:33:40 AM	 	PLCBUS Debug	SetIO[] name=[Scene : Test] address=[138-M4] type=[PlcBus Scene] controlValue=[500]
                                May-20 11:33:40 AM	 	Device Control	Device: System zzINACTIVE Scene : Test to Add currently 'On' devices as On (500) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Working...
                                X