www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > MyHS Remote Access Service

MyHS Remote Access Service Discussions regarding myHomeSeer Remote Access Service

Old June 14th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
Looks like it was down for a couple of minutes but is back up again (at least for me).

Cheers
Al
I've had 9 notifications in the last hour and just tried again. Still not getting passed the login page for me
Old June 14th, 2016, 01:17 PM
OverSeer

It's connecting here as expected.
Old June 14th, 2016, 01:19 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

I took a look at the server status and connections and I don't see any issues from this end. Try clicking on "LogOut" first to clear any cookies then try to log in again. Also, does HSTouch work?

website | products | support | youtube
Old June 14th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
I took a look at the server status and connections and I don't see any issues from this end. Try clicking on "LogOut" first to clear any cookies then try to log in again. Also, does HSTouch work?
This is what I am experiencing:

1. BLLAN test from home is showing connected2.homeseer.com as offline
2. TRACERT and PING from my office desktop ARE working
3. Chrome and IE are failing to login from my office - even after clearing cookies - major corporate LAN/WAN
4. HS3 Touch is throwing that annoying login prompt that it does from time to time when failing to negotiate a switch between networks (this is iOS). This is over AT&T wireless
5. Chrome for iOS (also over AT&T wireless) is failing to login
6. Remote (direct) access shows my HS3 system to be up and running
7. HS3 log shows various myhs errors:

PHP Code:
Error serializing myhs dataUnable to write data to the transport connectionA connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
PHP Code:
Error serializing myhs dataUnable to write data to the transport connectionAn existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Old June 14th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Seer Master

It's working for me, but I'm getting this error in the logs for the last couple of hours..

Jun-14 1:51:20 PM
Warning Have not heard from tunnel in over 60 seconds, disconnecting for re-connection.
Old August 16th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Seer

Angry

I snayone else not able to access the myhs.homeseer.com site ? I am getting the following error after clicking "Acess system"

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Accept-Ranges: bytes Content-Length: 211 Cannot connect to system, might be offline.

Redirecting to Log In page...
Old September 15th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Seer Deluxe

I seem to be having issues this morning. The Amazon echos act like their not linked and when i try to login to MyHS, I get "No Licenses Found." error. Worked fine the last few months.
Anyone else have problems this morning? Or maybe it is just tied to my account
Old September 15th, 2016, 08:18 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

The database connection to Azure went down for about 10 minutes, but it all looks ok now. See if its now working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhog View Post
I seem to be having issues this morning. The Amazon echos act like their not linked and when i try to login to MyHS, I get "No Licenses Found." error. Worked fine the last few months.
Anyone else have problems this morning? Or maybe it is just tied to my account
Old September 15th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
The database connection to Azure went down for about 10 minutes, but it all looks ok now. See if its now working.
Thanks for the update, Rich.
Old September 15th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualPanther View Post
Thanks for the update, Rich.
Verified working again now. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old September 15th, 2016, 08:29 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

The connection to the database does not appear to be stable, we are working on it still.
Old September 15th, 2016, 09:25 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

It has been stable for about an hour, so we assume the Azure issue is resolved. If we see any issues we will post and update.

As an aside, we are currently working on using Azure to traffic manage dual MyHS sites so if one does go down, traffic is automatically routed to a backup. We hope to have the fully functional within a week.
Old September 15th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks. It is becoming apparent how popular the Echo integration is these days with many folks noticing quickly when this connection has issues. Good to hear you are working on making it more highly available.
Old September 15th, 2016, 11:47 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

We are working on a page to post server status, but for now, this seems like a good place to post updates. We moved our SQL database to Azure as they claim 99.99% uptime, but this morning they were down for us, their status below, just and fyi. We have implemented a redundant database on the west coast, but I am not sure this particular type of issue would cause a fail over.

DNS - Multi-Region

Summary of impact: Between 11:48 UTC and 13:00 UTC on 15 Sep 2016, a subset of customers using DNS in multiple regions may have experienced degraded service availability when connecting to their resources. Additional impact was experienced by customers of App Service \ Web Apps, Service Bus, Redis Cache, Azure Backup, Visual Studio Team Services, Azure Media Services, Azure Search, SQL Database, HD Insight, Application Insight, IotHub, AzureLog Analytics, Azure Automation and DataMovement. Additionally, a subset of customer in Central US may still be experiencing residual impact with SQL Database, and details on this will be given in a separate post.

Preliminary root cause: A spike in networking traffic was experienced, which caused service-level drops for the DNS service. This resulted in connectivity issues for services reliant on DNS. Once network mitigation was implemented, most services fully recovered. Microsoft SQL Azure had secondary impact due to a misconfiguration.

Mitigation: The DNS issues were self-healed by the Azure platform. The additional impact to SQL was mitigated by a configuration change in networking.

Next steps: Engineers will correct the network configuration that caused connectivity problems to SQL, and will investigate root cause and provide a detailed public postmortem on the Azure Status Dashboard history in approximately 48 hours.
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:53 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

As of 9/28/2016 9:11 EST MyHS is experiencing an issue and is currently down. Will update when we know more.
Old September 28th, 2016, 10:21 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

As of 9/28/16 10:37 AM MyHS is functioning normally. This includes IFTTT and Amazon Echo.

We have retired the use of port 80 for MyHS in HS3, for connecting to our server, please make sure your settings are set to use the alternate port of 10300. If you are using the latest version of HS3, then you are all set as the setting as has been removed.
Old September 28th, 2016, 04:28 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
As of 9/28/16 10:37 AM MyHS is functioning normally. This includes IFTTT and Amazon Echo.

We have retired the use of port 80 for MyHS in HS3, for connecting to our server, please make sure your settings are set to use the alternate port of 10300. If you are using the latest version of HS3, then you are all set as the setting as has been removed.
Rich - is it possible you can confirm this, I have a IO device that I use (Particle Core) with a webhook into myhs.homeseer.com. It uses port 80 and I have gone into amend some of the URL's for this port change but I am actually still getting successful triggers with port 80?
Old September 28th, 2016, 04:47 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

The port 80 is only for HS3 connecting to the MyHS service. This is a connection that users do not have access to, its the encrypted data connection. So if you can still access your HS3 system from MyHS, you do not need to change anything.

Access to myhs.homeseer.com is still using port 80, that is for user access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
Rich - is it possible you can confirm this, I have a IO device that I use (Particle Core) with a webhook into myhs.homeseer.com. It uses port 80 and I have gone into amend some of the URL's for this port change but I am actually still getting successful triggers with port 80?
Old October 21st, 2016, 08:57 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

FYI, MyHS was down this morning from 8AM EST until 9:14 EST due to a DDOS attack on our DNS provider DYN. All services should be normal at this time. We are reviewing a solution to avoid this type of issue in the future.
Old October 21st, 2016, 09:18 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
FYI, MyHS was down this morning from 8AM EST until 9:14 EST due to a DDOS attack on our DNS provider DYN. All services should be normal at this time. We are reviewing a solution to avoid this type of issue in the future.

Rich

Thanks for the notification!