www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > MyHS Remote Access Service

MyHS Remote Access Service Discussions regarding myHomeSeer Remote Access Service

Old September 26th, 2015, 10:44 PM
Seer Master

Yup, 10:30pm est and it keeps asking for login, but never logs in.

I know you guys are doing your best, but...
Please Please Team HSTech can we have two setups one where we can keep using as we have been and another one that you guys test on. I understand we need to do this but it's very hard to ask family every two to three weeks to "please stand by." We depend on myhs WAY TOO much, so it's hard to live without. Please leave a system in place that will run as it has been so those who could use it continue to do so.

Sent from my iPhone
HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD
Old September 26th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Seer

I am setting up a new system and got my 2 z-wave devices paired and tested through the web interface and when I pulled up HStouch on my phone it won't connect and I thought it was something I was doing. I tried MyHS online and it says "HomeSeer is not running". Looking here it appears to be other technical issues going on. Boo.
Old September 27th, 2015, 01:17 AM
OverSeer

My HSTouch clients no longer connect, give the login, put my details in and it just sits there. Gone to myths.homeseer.com and it says HS not running, checked the HS log and I have a single error at 01:46 this morning;

Creating connection to MyHS service, there may be a problem with the server or the Internet connection. The connection will be attempted again shortly.

Nothing more in the HS log so it appears to have never tried to reconnect.
Old September 27th, 2015, 03:10 AM
OverSeer

I have restarted HS and no go - still gives the same error message as above so I am going to guess the service is down rather than it not being able to reconnect.

Is it possible that we could have some sort of field in the settings page to show the current MyHS status? It would make it easier than trawling the log.

Also I think this may be causing IFTTT errors, I woke up this morning to see that two HS related recipes had triggered which are geofence based. Having checked the IFTTT logs they were triggered six hours ago, it is now 8AM here which puts that around the same time that MyHS seems to have had issues (01:46). I don't believe that I have been sleepwalking and I am absolutely sure that no one has gone out a mile up the road with my phone and returned it back on charge this morning.
Old September 27th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Seer Plus

Unable to access myHomeseer

I seem to be experiencing a couple of issues so I'm not sure which forum to post in.

Last night, I launched HS3Touch on my iPhone and immediately received a login screen. The app would not accept my login credentials.

I then launched https://myhs.homeseer.com. When I entered my login credentials, a message popped up telling me that HomeSeer was not running.

I then opened my HomeSeer HomeTroller Pro and noticed that I was being prompted to update HS3 Pro. I followed the prompts to launch the update.
After the HomeTroller Pro finished updating, the system restarted. Upon restart, I received the following error message: Unable to initialize interface HSTouch Server either no license or trial has expired. I confirmed that I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.206

As of this morning I still get the message "Homeseer not running" when I try to login to myhs site and if I try to launch the HS3Touch app it wants my login credentials.

I can definitely confirm that Homeseer is running on my HomeTroller Pro.
Old September 27th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBernier View Post

I then opened my HomeSeer HomeTroller Pro and noticed that I was being prompted to update HS3 Pro. I followed the prompts to launch the update.

After the HomeTroller Pro finished updating, the system restarted. Upon restart, I received the following error message: Unable to initialize interface HSTouch Server either no license or trial has expired. I confirmed that I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.206

For this problem double check that the HS3 update didn't remove your HSTouch Server Plugin - it did for quite a few of us.
Old September 27th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
My HSTouch clients no longer connect, give the login, put my details in and it just sits there. Gone to myths.homeseer.com and it says HS not running, checked the HS log and I have a single error at 01:46 this morning;

Creating connection to MyHS service, there may be a problem with the server or the Internet connection. The connection will be attempted again shortly.

Nothing more in the HS log so it appears to have never tried to reconnect.

Same here, looks like the service is down..
Old September 27th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Seer Deluxe

Yep, Service must be down

I am on .206 and I had to readd HSTouuch.
Last night all was fine.
This morning, it is the same thing everyone else is reporting when trying to sign on to MyHS.
I can connect my all clients locally at local/LAN ip address 192.168.xx.xx and remotely thru my WAN IP address http://xxx.xx.x.xx:zzzz. or thru my matched http://domain.name:zzzz
2017-04-01: Shuttle XH81V Mini PC, dual RS232. Processor:Intel Core i7-477O5 - 3.1 GHz, 5.0 GT/s, 8MB. RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600MHz. Hard Drives:Two 240GB Internal Solid state disks (SSD). External 1T USB 3 drive. Dedicated for HomeSeer. (backup for other apps)
OS:Windows 10 Pro, HS3 3.0.0.315 with UACPass. Currently mostly Z-Wave Devices (137 nodes) 90%+ LED, Plugin 3.0.1.25, Z-NET 1.0.13. HSTouch .68, RFXCOM with 5 Sensors, MyQ plug-in, BlueIris, Pushover, Restart, Edge Browser.
Old September 27th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeryfool View Post
For this problem double check that the HS3 update didn't remove your HSTouch Server Plugin - it did for quite a few of us.
Thanks cheeryfool - I had looked at the plugins but totally spaced out that the HSTouch Server plugin was missing. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to reinstall the plugin. I can select it from the list, but I am drawing a blank as to how to launch the install (there is no radio button or menu item for installing) - nothing that I have tried has worked.

RonB
Old September 27th, 2015, 09:50 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBernier View Post
Thanks cheeryfool - I had looked at the plugins but totally spaced out that the HSTouch Server plugin was missing. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to reinstall the plugin. I can select it from the list, but I am drawing a blank as to how to launch the install (there is no radio button or menu item for installing) - nothing that I have tried has worked.

RonB
When you click on the plugin then at the top of the page you should have a section labelled 'Pending Updates/Installs', there should be a download and install button for you to press which starts the install process. If that button does not appear you might need to try another browser..
Old September 27th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
When you click on the plugin then at the top of the page you should have a section labelled 'Pending Updates/Installs', there should be a download and install button for you to press which starts the install process. If that button does not appear you might need to try another browser..
Thanks mrhappy - the Hometroller SE Pro doesn't give me the ability to change the browser (runs Windows XP) and the install button never appears after checking the plugin you want to install. However, your suggestion to change browser jogged my memory and reminded me that I could login to my HomeSeer via a desktop browser. Once I did that, I was able to install the plugin without any further issue.

Regards,
RonB
Old September 27th, 2015, 10:54 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Should be working now, put in a fix. We have a bunch of monitors on it but it went into a bad state where all the monitors reported ok but it would not pass through connections, so I will set up a different monitor to detect this. Since half the service is new code there may be some glitches, but I will monitor it closely.

website | products | support | youtube
Old September 27th, 2015, 11:04 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Should be working now, put in a fix. We have a bunch of monitors on it but it went into a bad state where all the monitors reported ok but it would not pass through connections, so I will set up a different monitor to detect this. Since half the service is new code there may be some glitches, but I will monitor it closely.
Thanks - seems to be back up and running here.
Old October 1st, 2015, 05:57 PM
Seer

Was MyHS.HomeSeer down again?

I just had an issue that suggested that MYHS.HomeSeer was down but now I’m not so sure.
I just updated HomeTroller Zee from HS3 Zee 3.0.0.194 to 3.0.0.199 using Tools > Setup > General > Update Now.
It seemed to complete successfully but MyHS.HomeSeer.com gives an error 503 when trying to access the site; however, my HomeTroller Zee could be accessed using the local IP/port number. I got on the forum and found this thread.
The Zee now suggested I update to 3.0.0.206. I did so and again it appeared to complete successfully. The MyHomeSeer login showed but shows “This page can’t be displayed” after login. Direct access didn’t work either.
At that point, I power cycled the HomeTroller Zee and now both methods of access work fine.
Coincidence? I’m pretty new to this.
Old October 15th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Super Seer

Seems to be partially down this morning. Web UI is not connecting to connected2.homeseer.com. However my HSTouch clients are connecting via myhs remotely.
Old October 15th, 2015, 08:47 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

I see that the login is not working, looking into it. Oddly, the issue is not triggering any of our alarms, so its in an odd state, will have it back shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeryfool View Post
Seems to be partially down this morning. Web UI is not connecting to connected2.homeseer.com. However my HSTouch clients are connecting via myhs remotely.
Old October 15th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
I see that the login is not working, looking into it. Oddly, the issue is not triggering any of our alarms, so its in an odd state, will have it back shortly.

My ping fail alert to connected2.homeseer.com triggered at 04:21 Eastern
Old October 15th, 2015, 11:14 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

The MyHS login should be ok now.
Old October 28th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Seer

Can't login to myHS

I'm no longer able to login to myHS via the web interface or via the Android HSTouch app. When I try to login via the web my browser says it "can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1." Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Old October 28th, 2015, 08:34 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

If go to find.homeseer.com on your pc does it display the correct ip address of your hs system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM55 View Post
I'm no longer able to login to myHS via the web interface or via the Android HSTouch app. When I try to login via the web my browser says it "can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1." Any ideas on how I can fix this?