EZFlora Error transmitting message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZFlora Error transmitting message

Hi - Periodically, two of my EZFlora 8-zone Irrigation Controllers, Model #5010A, have shown some unreliability. The symptoms range from not turning on or off as scheduled.

In looking at the logs, I noted error messages "Error transmitting message to get valve status..." for two of the controllers. What is the cause of this? How do I debug this problem? Or better yet, is this issue indicative of something I should do to fix the problem?

In the attachments, I have included a copy of the EZFlora.ini file as well as selections from the HS3 log file.

Please note in the log file that on the startup of HS3 and the initialization process, it would appear (to me, at least) that the Insteon plug-in is attempting to communicate with the EZFlora controllers also, when that task should be exclusively done by the EZFlora plug-in. If I am correct here, is this an issue that I should be worried about? If so, how can I fix it?

Finally, I still have HS2 Pro running in parallel with HS3. However, I have deleted all of the EZFlora controllers from the HS2 installation. But, the HS2, EZFlora is still installed.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

The "Error transmitting message" error that the EZFlora plugin is generating is due to a communications issues or issue with the Insteon plugin. This error occurs when the EZFlora plugin requests that the Insteon plugin transmit a message to the EZFlora device but does not get confirmation that the message was received by the device. This is normally due to issues with the powerline communication.

If you have another Insteon device you can move to the same location as the EZFlora device, you can use the Insteon plugin to do a communication test and see what the reliability is to help in diagnosing the problem. Most of the time it is due to something generating noise on the line like a CFL light.

Running an instance of HS2 shouldn't cause problems, but from the log it looks like multiple attempts are being made to register EZFlora devices. This could be due to EZFlora plugins being active on both HS2 and HS3. If the EZFlora devices are only used on HS3, please disable the EZFlora plugin on HS2 so that it won't interfere.

Let me know if you continue to have issues,

Adam

Comment

Working...
    X