#dayCondition0# and #dayHi0#speak device problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#dayCondition0# and #dayHi0#speak device problems

Started using the plugin a few weeks ago and have never been able to get #dayCondition0# and #dayHi0#substitutions to reliably work to speak the current day's expected conditions and high temp, often drops out those parts of the speak text. I'm using them with two different locations, same problem. #dayCondition1# and #dayHi1#do seem to work reliably, as do #conditionDay# for current conditions and #nightCondition0#. Using NOAA weather data. Any ideas what to check?

Thanks,
    John

Current Date/Time: 5/15/2016 8:23:27 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 12 Days 15 Hours 20 Minutes 34 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.32
    Number of Devices: 189
    Number of Events: 156
    Available Threads: 398

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.5959.34353: UltraM1G3
    3.0.0.50: weatherXML
    3.0.1.76: Z-Wave

The day 0 values stop being provided around 4 or 5 PM each day. The actual time is dependent on which provider you are using.

If you use the speak devices, you can setup the temp value for day 0 to be used until a particular time of day. The after that time, the day 0 can be skipped without sounding odd with no values.

Here is an example of one of the speak devices I use with the day 0 precipitation.
    Attached Files
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I'm using NOAA, and had the problem at 8 AM this morning.

Comment

When it happens grab the NOForecast1.xml. You can send it to me and I'll take a look at it.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks, will do. Did not happen this AM. Nice to know where to look closer now. John

Comment

Issue happened this morning. NOForecast files attached. This is the TTS log:

May-26 6:00:25 AM TTS Speak (*:*):Today in Boulder will be with a high of .

This is what the devices look like in the summary page, and what the Boulder device config looks like. Thanks for your help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WeatherXMLdebug.png
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1184834

Comment

I guess it's a source data issue with NOAA as the first time period in the XML file was the overnight period. I'll try WU.

Comment

Working...
              X