www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > MyHS Remote Access Service

MyHS Remote Access Service Discussions regarding myHomeSeer Remote Access Service

Old December 26th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Seer Plus

Question Strange user names in my HS

Just noticed in my HS network configuration page I have three users which I didn't put there:

aspem10@gmail.com
gfarbolin@gmail.com
john@skyhost.net

Where they come from?
Anybody had this problem?
Old December 26th, 2017, 12:13 PM
OverSeer

Please put in a support email request at support@homeseer.com.
Old December 26th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Seer Master

I haven't seen that in mine. When was the last time you checked setup - network? When was the last time you updated? What version did you update to?

Without knowing if/where your accounts or systems were compromised, I would start by checking all your computers for spyware/virus' infections. I would take a look at the BIOS and last changes to see if it has been compromised.

I would take a close look at any recent changes to your firewall and either revert to last known good or factory default it if you suspect it has been compromised.

Once you are reasonably sure your systems are clean reset passwords on all your accounts. I recommend 2 factor authentication on accounts that you tie to many systems. Email accounts that are used as usernames for other systems are a good example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old December 26th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Seer Plus

Thank you @Kerat, I didn't check the settings since I installed HS, neither did update, it's on latest version.
My PC security is always up-to-date too. And I didn't make any firewall changes.

I did log a request with HS support, see what they have to say.
Old December 29th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Viewer

I also just noticed two strange user names

Under web/hstouch user settings I have:

atwellbl@comcast.net

ckanursery@gmail.com

I will send a message to support@homeseer
Old December 30th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Seer Plus

HS Support suggested to update to latest version, I checked the release log - there was a fix for an issue which was creating a new user for logging from HSTouch
Old December 30th, 2017, 12:55 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

What version of HS3 are you on? If you are not on the latest, this could happen.

Also, you can disable "auto create HSTouch users..." setting in setup under the "MyHS" section. That will prevent this from happening no matter what version of HS3 you are on.

We are pretty sure this issue was resolved, but let me know what version HS3 you are on and if the users showed up recently. Its possible they were put there long ago if you have not checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbk66 View Post
Just noticed in my HS network configuration page I have three users which I didn't put there:

aspem10@gmail.com
gfarbolin@gmail.com
john@skyhost.net

Where they come from?
Anybody had this problem?

website | products | support | youtube
Old January 1st, 2018, 09:47 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
What version of HS3 are you on? If you are not on the latest, this could happen.

Also, you can disable "auto create HSTouch users..." setting in setup under the "MyHS" section. That will prevent this from happening no matter what version of HS3 you are on.

We are pretty sure this issue was resolved, but let me know what version HS3 you are on and if the users showed up recently. Its possible they were put there long ago if you have not checked.
Thank you, HS support also suggested updating to the latest version. And thank you for info about "auto create HSTouch users..." setting