www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > MyHS Remote Access Service

MyHS Remote Access Service Discussions regarding myHomeSeer Remote Access Service

Old December 26th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Viewer

Alexa can't access 2nd license on MyHS premium account

Hello,

I have two separate licenses (one using HS3 windows on a pc and another with a Hometroller). I paid for a premium account so I can access both systems with HS3 touch. However when I enabled the Alexa skill, it only discovers the devices from the primary license. Is this a known limitation and is there any workaround? I could use an Amazon household account and a second MyHS registration but then I couldn't access both from MyHS without a tedious log in/log out routine. Any help?

Thanks.
Old December 26th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Seer

This is a known limitation. I hadn't considered an Amazon Household account and a second MyHS account. Even with a household account, I assumed that you could only link the MyHS login with the master account for the Smart Home skill to discover. If you can test this, please report back!
Old December 26th, 2017, 11:04 PM
Viewer

I setup a Amazon household, then I setup my second license to a new MyHS registration. Had to login to Alexa app with new Household account, linked the homeseer skill to the new registration and all devices were found. Only downside is HS3 touch app isn’t linked to both licenses but figure I can use Imperihome on one and then HS3 touch for the other. So yes, it works.