Device Response Time too slow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Response Time too slow...

Finally managed to get HomeTroller Zee S2 to control Centralite loads via Omni Pro II Panel via Alexa as well as Omnistat 2. Work pretty well, however, when using routines or when turning on several loads simultaneously in the same room, response time is slow. Does this have to do with the processor speed on the S2? Thinking of switching to the HomeTroller SEL Pro hoping that the faster processor speed will make the lights go on faster. Current speed is like manually turning each switch individually. They should all light up together as a group. Any feedback on this issue is greatly appreciated.

What is the speed like when using automation lines in PCA?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

There's really no CPU cycles being spent while controlling devices; it's just sending a command to your panel via TCP/IP. Like Pete said, if you control the same devices with PC Access, do you experience the same lag?
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Device Response Time Too Slow

Speed using automation lines is fast, like instant with scenes groups of lights go one or dim instantaneously. When controlling groups of lights with HomeSeer through Alexa Routines, response time is very slow. I thought perhaps the HomeTroller Zee processor was just not cut out for the task, so I upgraded to HomeTroller-SEL Pro. Routines responded much faster, however lost ability to dim lights, not sure if there is a relation here, or just coincidence. When registering my HomeTroller SEL I had to make it the primary controller and the HomeTroller Zee the secondary controller, could this be causing the problem?

Comment

however lost ability to dim lights

This is related to V.25 of the plugin. You can downgrade to V.24 to get dimming if you want or wait for the upgrade of V.25 to V.26 that'll fix the dimming issues.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Devices not dimming

I have the latest HAI Omni Pro II panel with Ethernet upgradable firmware, controlling Centralite Elegance XL Lighting Control Panel with 48 Dimmable Lighting Loads, 4 Ceiling Fans and 24 non-dimmable lighting loads such as outdoor lighting and other loads which don't require dimming. Its a large home. When I first installed the HomeTroller Zee, it took a while to get it all running and working with Alexa, except response was too slow. I also have 10 Omnistat2's for radiant floor heat and two cooling zones. Everything working great now, except no dimming and its annoying the crap out of me. What could be causing this?

Comment

Originally posted by uticanpioneer View Post
              I have the latest HAI Omni Pro II panel with Ethernet upgradable firmware, controlling Centralite Elegance XL Lighting Control Panel with 48 Dimmable Lighting Loads, 4 Ceiling Fans and 24 non-dimmable lighting loads such as outdoor lighting and other loads which don't require dimming. Its a large home. When I first installed the HomeTroller Zee, it took a while to get it all running and working with Alexa, except response was too slow. I also have 10 Omnistat2's for radiant floor heat and two cooling zones. Everything working great now, except no dimming and its annoying the crap out of me. What could be causing this?
              As Pete was asking, which version of the Plug-In are you running? We are wondering if you upgraded to the latest Plug-In which has a known dimming bug. We have all had to roll back if the dimming issue was too bothersome.

-Travis

Comment

Speed using automation lines is fast, like instant with scenes groups of lights go one or dim instantaneously. When controlling groups of lights with HomeSeer through Alexa Routines, response time is very slow. I thought perhaps the HomeTroller Zee processor was just not cut out for the task, so I upgraded to HomeTroller-SEL Pro. Routines responded much faster, however lost ability to dim lights, not sure if there is a relation here, or just coincidence. When registering my HomeTroller SEL I had to make it the primary controller and the HomeTroller Zee the secondary controller, could this be causing the problem?
                Hi,
                Are you still getting good improved response speeds from the SEL compared to the ZEE?
                Thanks!
                <style></style>

Comment

Been on hold do to dimming issue...waiting for V26

Comment

Been on hold do to dimming issue...waiting for V26
                    Thank you, please keep us updated.
                    <style></style>

Comment

Working...
                    X