This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log filling up with error messages

After a 2:00 pm Homeseer restart yesterday, my log shows the following error messages every 30 seconds starting just after 8:00 pm. Nothing special going on at that time, system-wise.

11/5/2006 8:04:28 PM ~!~DooCPU Monitor Error~!~Unable to set device string of DooCPU Monitor System CPU Usage. Error occurred on line 36 of HSPI.SetDevice [Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: Index].

I just restarted and the messages are not happening now.

Any ideas?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

About how long was HS running when this happened? Weeks? Days?
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Doolittle
      About how long was HS running when this happened? Weeks? Days?
      Re-read my message.... "After a 2:00 pm Homeseer restart yesterday, my log shows the following error messages every 30 seconds starting just after 8:00 pm."
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I think I have a fix and will post a new build tomorrow.
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

I think I have a fix and will post a new build tomorrow.
          I'm sure you're busy or forgot, but...

Which tomorrow? Monday's tomorrow or today's tomorrow?
          Dick

Comment

Didn't really forget. Just have new builds for two other plug-ins and wanted to do it in one shot but one is not ready. I will try to get this one and the other one that is ready uploaded within the next several hours.
            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
            My Hardware & Software

Comment

I loaded the newest version of DooCPUMOnitor and restarted Homeseer at 8:48 am and his afternoon started getting the same error messages once every 30 seconds.

11/12/2006 3:23:34 PM ~!~DooCPU Monitor Error~!~Unable to set device string of DooCPU Monitor System CPU Usage. Error occurred on line 36 of HSPI.SetDevice [Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: Index].
              Dick

Comment

Dick,

Is your PC routinely running at nearly 100% CPU?
                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                My Hardware & Software

Comment

Dick,

Is your PC routinely running at nearly 100% CPU?
                  No, never, unless something is wrong. Typical CPU load is 20-30%
                  Dick

Comment

I asked because of the out of range statement mentioned in the error. In retrospect, that should not be the case anyway because the Index variable type will allow really, really large numbers. I will have to take another look at what the real issue is.
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Try new build.
                      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                      My Hardware & Software

Comment

Try new build.
                        Will do.... I'll let you know if there are any problems.
                        Thanks!
                        Dick

Comment

Originally posted by RAM
                          Will do.... I'll let you know if there are any problems.
                          Thanks!
                          Just thought I'd let you know, 3 days running and no repeat of these messages showing up.
                          Hopefully it's fixed.
                          Thanks!!
                          Dick

Comment

Working...
                          X