This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Client version 1.0.0.0 is in the Android Market

We have posted version 1.0 of the HSTouch Android application to the Android Market. You can use your Android device to install.

You may need an SD card in your device before this app will operate properly.

If you do not have access to the market, you can install the APK file manually from here:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/hstouch_release1.0.0.0.apk

This release requires Android OS version 2.1 or later.

If you are going to design your own screens, you will need designer version 1.0.0.54 or later. You can download this from our downloads web page homeseer.com or just run your current designer and you will be prompted to update.

You will need the HSTouch Server plug-in version 1.0.0.33 or later. This is also available on our downloads web page homeseer.com.

Post any open issues here.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

can't install 'not signed'

I downloaded it from the marketplace and it said it could not install it because it was not signed propperly or something like that.

I have 0.11 already installed, do I need to uninstall it first? Would it make a difference if I downloaded the apk file and tried that instedad?

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

If you had a beta installed, you will need to uninstall it first before installing the release version.

Comment

i got the same thing when i tried to install it on top of a beta. after uninstalling the beta i was able to successfully download/install from the android market.

Comment

Got it working...a few problems

I uninstalled the beta and I was able to get the 1.0 version from the market place to install.

I noticed that there are a couple bugs in it that weren't there in the 0.9x version. In the attached image you'll see that i have light bulb icons for the lights I control. in the 0.9x version it worked fine, in the 1.0 version those are not displayed, but something must be there because if I touch that area it controls the light.

also I noticed that buttons/text show up weirdly on a screen sometimes, and fine other times. I used Monotype font on a lot of my stuff, and didn't realize it wouldn't display that, so I still need to go through and change it to whatever the android font is. Then I'll check and see if the display problem is still there.

Ian
          Attached Files
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Thermostats

I have two of the 2GIG thermostats but only one shows up when I press the "Climate" button. I'd have expected a second menu to present so I could select the thermostat.

I would have sworn this worked in the Beta's prior to release of 1.0.

Is there something else I need to do?

Comment

Also the alt. text wasn't fixed in status colors, at least not for me.
              Plugins:

Comment

I've been using the beta since day one with relatively few issues, but I just uninstalled 0.11 and downloaded the app from Market Place on my Nexus One (running 2.2.1) and when I run the app, I get a blank (black) screen with HSTouch at the top. No response from the soft keys or screen, then an option to Force Close a short while later.

I've tried rebooting and reinstalling, still the same :-(

Am I the only one?

EDIT: I was being impatient, it took 30 seconds to start-up first time
                Last edited by ; December 8, 2010, 08:48 AM. Reason: Problem Solved

Comment

Why isn't it possible to move the application to SD card? I thought this was a standard feature of Android 2.1 and up? (Or was it Android 2.2?)
                  My phone memory is rapidly filling up with each application that can't be
                  moved to SD card

So as you can quess...i would really like to see that you can move the application to SD storage.

Greetings,
                  Michiel

Comment

Originally posted by DrDoo View Post
                    Why isn't it possible to move the application to SD card? I thought this was a standard feature of Android 2.1 and up? (Or was it Android 2.2?)
                    That's Android 2.2. And if you have it you can install app2sd.
                    If you've got Android 2.1 or below there's nothing you can do...

Keep in mind though, that HStouch is storing all its settings and files on the storage card (if present).
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

The first time it runs it unzips all the graphics, so could take a few seconds. This a one time thing, it will load faster the next time.

Originally posted by bagpuss View Post
                      I've been using the beta since day one with relatively few issues, but I just uninstalled 0.11 and downloaded the app from Market Place on my Nexus One (running 2.2.1) and when I run the app, I get a blank (black) screen with HSTouch at the top. No response from the soft keys or screen, then an option to Force Close a short while later.

I've tried rebooting and reinstalling, still the same :-(

Am I the only one?

EDIT: I was being impatient, it took 30 seconds to start-up first time

Comment

What happens when you click on the Climate button? Does it go directly to one of your thermostats? It should present you with a list. We have 2 running here and it is working. Check your thermostat devices in HS, HSTouch uses the device type to check the type, make sure your 2 thermostat devices show the type as "Z-Wave Thermostat".

Originally posted by kennesaw10 View Post
                        I have two of the 2GIG thermostats but only one shows up when I press the "Climate" button. I'd have expected a second menu to present so I could select the thermostat.

I would have sworn this worked in the Beta's prior to release of 1.0.

Is there something else I need to do?

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                          I noticed that there are a couple bugs in it that weren't there in the 0.9x version. In the attached image you'll see that i have light bulb icons for the lights I control. in the 0.9x version it worked fine, in the 1.0 version those are not displayed, but something must be there because if I touch that area it controls the light.
                          I see this too, more generally with any status images, they don't show up any more.

Also, the "Return to the main screen after..." function doesn't appear to be working still.

Comment

1. I cannot save my project options with a size of 1024x600. It does allow smaller values.
                            2. The screen background graphics are not stretching -- Just normal size.
                            3. My images that are on HS_Label widgets are not showing up, but the ones on HS_Image are. Some images are not showing in the device list control either.
                            4. Still having the problem, as mentioned by others, with alt text not showing up.

On the good side, it seems that my live camera images are working a little better. Still need to test more. I am not sure if you fixed something because I also noticed a problem with one my three cameras. Thanks for all your effort.
                            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                            Web Site
                            YouTube Channel

Comment

Are you using designer 1.0.0.54?

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                              1. I cannot save my project options with a size of 1024x600. It does allow smaller values.
                              2. The screen background graphics are not stretching -- Just normal size.
                              3. My images that are on HS_Label widgets are not showing up, but the ones on HS_Image are. Some images are not showing in the device list control either.
                              4. Still having the problem, as mentioned by others, with alt text not showing up.

On the good side, it seems that my live camera images are working a little better. Still need to test more. I am not sure if you fixed something because I also noticed a problem with one my three cameras. Thanks for all your effort.

Comment

Working...
                              X