Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Player Alarm Start" Event Trigger Question

Dirk,

Unless I have something misconfigured it does not look like the event trigger "Player Alarm Start" is working properly. It never triggers the event when the alarm is started. I have tried with both my normal playlist and Chime (just in case it was tied to the chime), no trigger with either.

Let me know if there is anything I need to set up, other than just the event trigger, or if there are any other troubleshooting steps I can try.

This is not a big deal to me, I just use it to update my HS touch display that the alarm is going off.

Thanks,

Lou

Hi Lou,

it should work unless I recently broke something. Which SW version are you using, I assume that DLL (.50) that I've sent you? Did you create the event with this version of the SW or a while back (let say w/ version .47)? Reason I ask is that I made some changes between .v47 and .v48 which require the events to be re-created.

If recently created w/ latest version, perhaps a screen shot of the event+action would help. Other thing to do is turn debug flag on and email me the log. The log should at least show the alarm action coming in.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

I will try those steps. Yes I am using the DLL you sent me. I am pretty sure I created the event after the new file, though I will recreate it just to make sure.

If this does not do it, I will get you the screen shots and log.

Thanks,

Lou

Comment

Did a very quick test, seems to work OK.
        Is this an alarm you created or manipulated through the scripting interface?
        Maybe something wrong elsewhere in my logic. Maybe a debug log is best
        Dirk

Comment

Still no luck, I just sent you the info by email.

This alarm was created via the Sonos Desktop Controller.

This alarm had been modified vi the scripting interface, though the latest changes (several tests) were made using the Sonos Desktop Controller.

The event was manually created using the HS web GUI.

I will try creating a new alarm, and test again (with no scripting manipulation) to see if this matters.

FYI: I have been using the alarm scripting to set the alarm time everyday since you added the functionality and it has been working fine (alarms goes off, etc).

Lou

Comment

I am having the same issue with the newly created alarm.

It does trigger a "Player Start Playing" event I have, though not the alarm event.

For the test I did to create the files I sent you earlier, I had disabled the "Play" event, that is why you will not see that in the log file.

Lou

Comment

Found it.

Maybe I was a bit lucky because it suddenly stopped working on my system as well.

Appears that Sonos (when not working) starts the alarm a few seconds before due.

Example: I had set my alarm to 11:30pm and it went off 11:29:58pm. When the plug-in tries to figure out which alarm just went off, it searches for all stored alarms and can't find a match, hence it wasn't firing off a trigger.

I've emailed you a DLL, will be posting v.51 soon on the web, waiting for confirmation from another user on some announcement changes.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

The latest version you sent resolved the issue.

Many thanks,

Lou

Comment

Working...
                X