A list of simple questions, but not simple for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A list of simple questions, but not simple for me

I just bought hs2 and am figuring it all out. I bought a couple of evolve appliance modules and they work great with my hometroller. I have some locks that are not set up yet. Now, my questions...

1. I want to be able to flip a switch and make an appliance modules (connected to a lamp) turn on right away. From what I understand this requires having "instant status" or else there will be a delay until the switch is polled. So, I can't buy Jasco or evolve switches if I want there to be immediate action of floor lamps turning on when I hit the wall switch which is hardwired to the ceiling. Is this all true? (Does the scene class make up for this?)

2. I have 4 sets of lights in my kitchen. 2 are 3 way, 2 are normal. All are fluorescent, non-dimmable. I want to set them up so 1 press of a wall controller will immediately turn them (a) all on, (b) 3 of 4 on, or (c) all off. I like the look of the leviton and cooper controllers, but I am not understanding if they will be able to send immediate commands to the GE or evolve switches. It seems as though I am going to have to set them up so they send the signals outside of homeseer, right?

3. Will it work to have 2 or even 3 of the wall controllers in the kitchen so my wife can choose her scene from whereever she happens to be?

4. Will these late nights of reading and re-reading until 3am end or will I just buy more and more z-wave gadgets until I die poor but controlled?

1) Assuming this is ZWave you can do this with associations without needing HS to be involved

2) See 1

3) Yes, assuming Zwave

4) 10+ years with Home Automation and I am still reading mails late at night, buying more zwave gadgets, and generally getting poorer and marginally more controlled ...
    Nicolai L

Comment

With regard to question 4:

Once every light switch in your house, several outlets, all your thermostats, and at least a few door locks are switched over, THEN you will feel satisfied. However, at that point you will want to add in other things, like audio/video control, alarm system integration, and the list goes on. Then you will wonder where it is going to all end.

Comment

Working...
      X