No announcement yet.

HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have some instructions or examples of how to setup TTS? I am trying to figure it out and new to the plugin.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
      Does anyone have some instructions or examples of how to setup TTS? I am trying to figure it out and new to the plugin.

Any help is appreciated.
      Download the help file from here (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=144721)

The screens are a bit different but the principles are the same. Only difference is that when you create an action to speak something, you now need to add a speaker device (go advanced mode) something like $SONOS$your linkgroupname goes here$

Dirk

Comment

That worked. Figured it out from there. Thanks.

Couple things I am seeing an issue with.

1. Linking stations does not seem to work. Unlinking works just fine.

2. TTS using the option to speak something works perfectly, but playing a file (ie .wav or .mp3) does nothing.

I didnt see anything for known issues on these.

Comment

That worked. Figured it out from there. Thanks.

Couple things I am seeing an issue with.

1. Linking stations does not seem to work. Unlinking works just fine.

2. TTS using the option to speak something works perfectly, but playing a file (ie .wav or .mp3) does nothing.

I didnt see anything for known issues on these.
          Turn debug flag on, capture trace, post trace. Take screenshots of what you have setup or what you are trying to do

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Ok.

Here is the setup and the debug for the Linking issue.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok.

Here is the setup and the debug for the Linking issue.
              Good catch, sorry for the oversight on my part. Will be fixed in next beta together with the player name missing from the Set Volume action (and some others). Beta should be available soon.

For those on HS3 version .42 or lower, don't go to .43 or .44, a bunch of stuff with images got broken. HS Team will be releasing new beta soon (already tested fixes in black build .45)

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

New Sonos HS3 beta v3.0.0.7 posted

Changes to Beta v3.0.0.7
                • Triggers/actions are not working when you run multiple instances, is fixed
                • Speaker proxy doesn't work for multiple instances, is fixed
                • Linking through Sonos Actions doesn't work, is fixed
                • Player name missing in Actions like Set volume, Set Mute .... is fixed

Comment

Linking is working perfectly now.

Thanks.

Comment

Ok. Here is my second issue. Maybe I am doing something wrong, so here is the event of playing a .wav file.

Also, the only thing that shows in the log, even with debug turned on, is:

Nov-24 1:35:44 PM Event Event Trigger "Sonos Test Group Clock 1"
                    Nov-24 1:35:44 PM Event Event Sonos Test Group Clock 1 triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok. Here is my second issue. Maybe I am doing something wrong, so here is the event of playing a .wav file.

Also, the only thing that shows in the log, even with debug turned on, is:

Nov-24 1:35:44 PM Event Event Trigger "Sonos Test Group Clock 1"
                      Nov-24 1:35:44 PM Event Event Sonos Test Group Clock 1 triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
                      Check the help file. Don't use "Play an Audio File", use the "Speak" action and put FULL filename in text field. Have it speak to the $SONOS$linkgroup$ device.

Dirk

Comment

Ok, Sorry if I am being a complete idiot, but when I try that, it just speaks path and file of the text and does not play the file itself.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Take the quotes out from around your text.

You can combine wav & speech like this:

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Media\doorbell.wav|There's someone at the back door.|

Paul..

Comment

Bingo. Usually things complain with paths that have spaces and I am so use to putting them.

Thanks for the help. Plugin is working great so far.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in response. If I read the later postings correct the Action -> Link did not work and has been fixed in version ..07?

Thats was I guess that point I was trying to make :-)

When Can I see the update in HS3 Manage updates?

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                              Not to me but I'm a bit slow.

Are you saying they don't group properly or how they group is different but it all ends up being OK?

If they just group differently, but group OK, I wouldn't know why because that logic hasn't really changed. Are you running this on different machines? It may just be the CPU horsepower or network response that is different.

If it doesn't group properly at all, can you again turn on the debug, do your thing, capture and post the log, including an exact description (screenshot would be nice) of how the linkgroup was set up and what didn't work properly and/or what your expectation was.

Cheers,

Dirk
                              Best,
                              Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Trying to play with HSTouch. Is using the MusicCtrlGrp.xml file still valid? I cant seem to find the file if it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X