Hikvision NVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hikvision NVR

I will be getting some Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I cameras (I am thinking 2.8mm) for around the house

UPDATE:

I have decided to build a PC and run Blue Iris
    Here are the specs of the PC I will be building:

MotherBoard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170N-WIFI Mini-ITX
    CPU: i7-6700K LGA1151
    CPU FAN: Dynatron T450 CPU cooler
    RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2x8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2400 (F4-2400C15D-16GIS)
    Hard Drive Main: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB 2.5"
    Hard Drive Storage: Seagate ST2000LM007 2TB
    PowerSupply: PicoPSU-160-XT/15A 180W AC-DC with barrel connector
    Case: Morex 557 Mini-Itx
    Case Fans: Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX (4 of them installed down one side of case)
    Last edited by Blade; October 21, 2016, 04:34 AM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Isn't it superfluous if you're using BI? I have Hik cams and BlueIris and I love it. It runs on the same box as HS3 for me and doesn't require another piece of hardware etc.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      Isn't it superfluous if you're using BI? I have Hik cams and BlueIris and I love it. It runs on the same box as HS3 for me and doesn't require another piece of hardware etc.
      Ditto, sorta..... using Sighthound on same box as HS3 and recording to hard drive.... specifically so I didn't have to use a separate recorder....
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I do not want to use a capture card for the cameras
        I thought Blue Iris could connect to cameras using the NVR. Is this true?
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Capture cards were used in the analogue days and no longer utilized today with IP cameras.

Blue Iris is a software IP NVR.

The NVR posted above is a propietary Linux device with an autonomous network of POE connected cameras (an all in one solution).
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Blade,

Like was already stated you don't need anything but Blueiris and the cameras.

I also would try and talk you out of the glass dome versions of Hikvisions. They are great for vandal resistance but they are the worse for picture of the bullet and turret style at night atleast.

I run 10 or more hikvisions at two different houses with Blueiris. On the porches I use the indoor model with a speaker and mic to enable two way with someone at my door. The rest are mostly bullets with two of those domes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              I do not want to use a capture card for the cameras
              I thought Blue Iris could connect to cameras using the NVR. Is this true?
              No capture card needed... although I (optionally) added a separate NIC card to handle just the video....
              Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I was leaning toward the dome ones because I have boxes mounted in the soffit around the house. Not sure how the bullet ones would look

If I just use Blue Iris then I must still need a POE switch, correct?
                Which POE switch would be best?
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I was leaning toward the dome ones because I have boxes mounted in the soffit around the house. Not sure how the bullet ones would look

You don't necessarily need a POE switch, but you do need a POE injector. If you need a new switch anyway, buy one with lots of POE ports. If you already have a serviceable switch and aren't out of capacity, you can buy a multi-port injector. I have an 8 port passive one that I bought for $25. It doesn't do anything fancy, just adds power between the switch and the patch panel. Depending on number of cams, you need to be careful on total load for these though.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

You don't necessarily need a POE switch, but that is an option. When I add more cameras, I'll probably use these folks....

https://find-a-poe.com/products/
                    Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

I assume this POE switch would be good enough to run 7 IP cameras

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TL-SG1008PE-...MAAOSwFL9Tvazr
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

I assume this POE switch would be good enough to run 7 IP cameras

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TL-SG1008PE-...MAAOSwFL9Tvazr
                        Yup that would work. I also use the 8 port injector tho as was mentioned by ewkearns above. Most POE switches have fans and make noise. It is much cleaner and faster (not that you need gigabit to the cameras) to run a POE switch. But an injector of either 10/100 or gigabit like these works just fine if you don't mind taking up a bit more space.

This is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...L2WJVKDOJB5HK3

This is the gigabit model of above:
                        https://find-a-poe.com/product/WT-GPOE-8-48v60w/

Can be had from www.find-a-poe.com or threw amazon or other places.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                          Yup that would work. I also use the 8 port injector tho as was mentioned by ewkearns above. Most POE switches have fans and make noise. It is much cleaner and faster (not that you need gigabit to the cameras) to run a POE switch. But an injector of either 10/100 or gigabit like these works just fine if you don't mind taking up a bit more space.

This is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...L2WJVKDOJB5HK3

This is the gigabit model of above:
                          https://find-a-poe.com/product/WT-GPOE-8-48v60w/

Can be had from www.find-a-poe.com or threw amazon or other places.
                          Thanks
                          Would that one from Amazon be enough to power 7 IP cameras streaming at the same time with no issues. I am new to IP cameras but I ran 7 of them here when we built the house
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

That one is 60w total or they have an optional 120w inverter. Thats 8.5 for each camera if you have 7. Think my hikvisions draw like 7w each at nighy with the ira on and like 5 during the day. But your best bet is to look at your models power draw and make sure its under 60w for all. If not get 120w inverter version.

Comment

I will be getting some Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I cameras (I am thinking 2.8mm) for around the house and am wondering if anyone is using or has used the Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR.

Here is the link to the one I am looking at getting:

http://www.hikvision.com/us/Products_1_10649_i8725.html

I am curious on user feedback and how it works with Blue Iris
                              Bob Just an FYI, that NVR doesn't get very good reviews on Amazon but it doesn't look like you will need one anyway.
                              https://www.amazon.com/HIKVISION-DS-.../dp/B00VMNRZS4
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X