X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 1-wire problem

-Rick

Hi Rick,

This may give you some info as to what you could do to address the issue: https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/a...dex.mvp/id/148

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

@Rick,

Here originally did something similar for my 1-wire setup using cat5e.

It was more though than the AAG combo sensors.

I added the Midon and HB combo sensors, barometer, AAG weather station, Lightning sensor, 2 water meter counters, Dallas tipping bucket, UV bulb and barometer. (maybe more).

I used two Temp08's, one Temp05 and a couple of USB 9097's.

All this to the first section of my Leviton 41" panel. Star configured mostly using Leviton network patch panels and phone patch panels. It all worked well without resistors.

I did terminate all / most of the other sides with RJ-45 sockets wired network wise. This allowed me to test the continuity of the 8 wires.

You can if you want terminate your cat5e cables and test the continuity of the wires or just use a multimeter and check each of the 8 wires in one run one by one. It will not take that long to do.

I am in the process or redoing my 1-wire network in Linux for integration in to WeeWx / Davis weather station migrating over from using Cumulus (which didn't integrate the 1-wire stuff). IE: for rain here use the Davis tipping bucket, Dallas 1-wire (original one) tipping bucket and two digital rain sensors. First part has been using my Z-Wave slave in the attic as a 1-wire hub of sorts for combo temperature and humidity sensors for the 2nd floor and attic. Also here using a MeteoStick for Davis (and Davis console serial buffered connection).

BTW have never had one of the original AAG combo sensors fail on me. Guessing you tested connecting the sensors directly to the Temp08.
      Last edited by Pete; June 7, 2017, 10:57 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks, Pete and Sparkman...

Pete, I'm in a wheelchair so getting access to some of the sensor is bit tough. One of the failed ones was local so I could get it and the darn works fine locally... Or even remotely if I disconnect the currently working sensors. It seems almost like a voltage problem but I'm redoing the network as well and I'm moving most or all of the AAG's over to an EDS OW net. That way I can ditch the global cache serial to IP thingie...

-r
        Last edited by rmorton27; June 15, 2017, 05:46 PM.
        -Rick

Comment

EDS MEshsnet work and MN-Env-TL

Added an EDS Mesh Network Controller and the first sensor I added is a MN-ENV-TL. The plugin auto-discovered the controller as it did the sensor, but it lists it as unsupported. I imagine this is more of the display (no big deal - just thought you should know) issue as all of the data appears and looks accurate. It's listed as supported...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by rmorton27; June 15, 2017, 05:54 PM.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
            Added an EDS Mesh Network Controller and the first sensor I added is a MN-ENV-TL. The plugin auto-discovered the controller as it did the sensor, but it lists it as unsupported. I imagine this is more of the display (no big deal - just thought you should know) issue as all of the data appears and looks accurate. It's listed as supported...
            Thank you for reporting this. Can you send me the XML output from your EDS Mesh Network Controller so I can see how the data is being reported? The URL is http://x.x.x.x/details.xml where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your EDS Mesh Network Controller.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
            X