Questions about logging with EDS Meshnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about logging with EDS Meshnet

Multiple questions--sorry in advance for the ignorance, I'm new to this and am trying to understand potential scale and cost for a system I haven't started building yet. SO:

• Does the Ultra plugin separately log all the sensors that feed into the Gen2 EDS MN-ENV-H-THX? If so, does that sensor loaded with 3 probes yield a database with temp/rh for the base unit and temps for each probe, i.e. four temp data points and one RH data point at each time step?
    • Other than Homeseer integration, does the Ultra plugin offer any advantages over whatever logging is provided by EDS? For example, does the EDS-only system require buying another device to do logging? better charting with one or the other?

• With just one MN-ENV-H-THX sensor device deployed, would I also need the EDS MN-CTRL-H controller to interface the sensor with the Ultra plugin?

• Assuming I'd need the EDS MN-CTRL-H controller plus the THX sensor plus the plugin to get the system started, could I then expand it either with additional Gen1 wireless sensors or with 1-wire components (say using OW-Server) and still feed the same data log?

thanks...it looks promising but I'm sure I'm missing some aspects of the design problem just by reading web pages.

Originally posted by WinderSlide View Post
    Multiple questions--sorry in advance for the ignorance, I'm new to this and am trying to understand potential scale and cost for a system I haven't started building yet. SO:

• Does the Ultra plugin separately log all the sensors that feed into the Gen2 EDS MN-ENV-H-THX? If so, does that sensor loaded with 3 probes yield a database with temp/rh for the base unit and temps for each probe, i.e. four temp data points and one RH data point at each time step?
    Yes, four temp data points and one RH data point will be written to the database each reading.

• Other than Homeseer integration, does the Ultra plugin offer any advantages over whatever logging is provided by EDS? For example, does the EDS-only system require buying another device to do logging? better charting with one or the other?
    EDS doesn't provide any logging within their 1Wire Host. Any charting it provides is real time and those charts are lost if you close the interface.

• With just one MN-ENV-H-THX sensor device deployed, would I also need the EDS MN-CTRL-H controller to interface the sensor with the Ultra plugin?
    The MN-CTRL-H - MeshNet Controller is required to connect their sensors to my plug-in. It supports up to 35 sensor devices.

• Assuming I'd need the EDS MN-CTRL-H controller plus the THX sensor plus the plugin to get the system started, could I then expand it either with additional Gen1 wireless sensors or with 1-wire components (say using OW-Server) and still feed the same data log?

thanks...it looks promising but I'm sure I'm missing some aspects of the design problem just by reading web pages.
    Yes, you could add up to a total of 35 sensors. If you have any questions on the hardware, reach out to Sales@EDSproducts.com. They are very helpful!

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
    X