No announcement yet.

Help with TTS please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we're almost there! The only trouble now is that its playing the wrong voice! I added a third party voice that works great when tested in the Speaker app, its Cepstral Diane. But whenever I call the event we've been testing I get Microsoft Sam. I hate that guy! Any thoughts?

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by dbdoctor View Post
      Well we're almost there! The only trouble now is that its playing the wrong voice! I added a third party voice that works great when tested in the Speaker app, its Cepstral Diane. But whenever I call the event we've been testing I get Microsoft Sam. I hate that guy! Any thoughts?

Alex
      Use tags like this

<voice required='Name=Cepstral Callie'>dining room or guest bathroom window opened</voice>

Comment

Does that go in the Speak line of the action?

Comment

Does that go in the Speak line of the action?
          Indeed. If you browse the forum (search SAPI), you'll find other tags (like silence ..) that you can embed in your text field which the SAPI client (engine behind speaker client) will act upon.

Dirk

Comment

Well I never could get any of those options to work, but it seems that you have to change the default voice in the Windows XP Speech control panel. I don't know why the Speaker Client choice seems to make no difference.

Comment

Well I never could get any of those options to work, but it seems that you have to change the default voice in the Windows XP Speech control panel. I don't know why the Speaker Client choice seems to make no difference.
              Maybe it is an XP thing, the text-to-speech is definitely part of Microsoft. A long time ago, I switched from XP to Vista because the voice (Sam I guess) was so bad. After switching to Vista, I quickly went to Win7 which was better but not good enough so I decided to buy 3rd party and things are quite alright.

What you can do is google for XP and TTS and see if the SAPI on XP was supporting these tags or whether that came in post XP.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
              X