Originally posted by devoir View Post
    dcorsus

Many thanks I Have been trying to follow the HELP file

[ATTACH]50642[/ATTACH]

I created a link Group $SONOS$TTS$:*

[ATTACH]50643[/ATTACH]

I created the Manual event trigger..

[ATTACH]50644[/ATTACH]

When manually triggered there is no sound except from the speakers in the laptop running HS3 v208.

The Log doesn't show any errors..

[ATTACH]50645[/ATTACH]

I could use some guidance to understand what action or step i needs to take....

Many thanks for your support.....

Devoir
    Name the linkgroup TTS not $SONOS$TTS$. The $SONOS$ is a prefix that I use to tell the proxy it need to intercept or not it has no further meaning and ONLY used when you ADD a SPEAKERClient. The TTS or whatever you name your linkgroup IS IMPORTANT and need to be consistant between the name you gave your linkgroup and the speaker device you create.

Example: lets say you created 3 linkgroups, named:
    1/ TTS
    2/ AllRooms
    3/ BathroomOnly

you would now create events and based on where you want the announcement to go, ADD a speakerclient that you composed of the SONOS prefix and the Linkgroup name which would respectively lead to

$SONOS$TTS$
    $SONOS$AllRooms$
    $SONOS$BathroomOnly$

Clear as mud?

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,,, My humble apologies for being so DIM....

I mis-understood the proper way to identify Linkgroup Names I created two new groups TTS & ALL

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos TTS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1182359

Edited the speaker list added $SONOS$ALL$

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos All.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1182360

I am still not getting this right, the laptop speakers function BUT none of the Sonos speakers work.

The Log file shows no errors.......

Sonos does play music thru each speaker However I can't get HS3 to TTS any of them

Again many thanks for your assistance.

Devoir
      Last edited by devoir; December 19, 2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
        Dirk,,, My humble apologies for being so DIM....

I mis-understood the proper way to identify Linkgroup Names I created two new groups TTS & ALL

[ATTACH]50646[/ATTACH]

Edited the speaker list added $SONOS$ALL$

[ATTACH]50647[/ATTACH]

I am still not getting this right I the laptop speakers function BUT none of the Sonos speakers work.

The Log file shows no errors.......

Sonos does play music thru each speaker However I can't get HS3 to TTS any of them

Again many thanks for your assistance.

Devoir
        The PI does not support multiple speakerclients in your events. Remove the FOUREFAULT, just leave the $SONOS$xxxxxx$
        I need to fix this if I have some time.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

Many thanks for your guidance. When I removed Fourefault and only have $SONOS$ALL$ it works ....

MY Gratitude for your patients and assistance.....

Devoir

Comment

No TTS on Homeseer SEL-PRO

I have followed all of the instructions to the best of my knowledge but I cannot get the TTS to work on any of my SONOS speakers. I added the $SONOS$ALL$ after I setup the linked group ALL for my three speakers. When I run the manual event to test the TTS all I get is no sound (mute) and an image with the words SONOSCONTROLLER ANNOUNCEMENT, players are stopped and on my phone's SONOS app it errors out saying unable to play Homeseer announcement. About a minute and a half later the music starts playing again. I assume this is the 100 in the SONOS config page. Also note that in my tools->setup->network page for Homeseer I have no speaker clients listed at the very bottom and 2nd from the bottom is blank for the default speaker clients.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by mistermike View Post
              I have followed all of the instructions to the best of my knowledge but I cannot get the TTS to work on any of my SONOS speakers. I added the $SONOS$ALL$ after I setup the linked group ALL for my three speakers. When I run the manual event to test the TTS all I get is no sound (mute) and an image with the words SONOSCONTROLLER ANNOUNCEMENT, players are stopped and on my phone's SONOS app it errors out saying unable to play Homeseer announcement. About a minute and a half later the music starts playing again. I assume this is the 100 in the SONOS config page. Also note that in my tools->setup->network page for Homeseer I have no speaker clients listed at the very bottom and 2nd from the bottom is blank for the default speaker clients.

Any ideas?
              Remind me again, the SEL-PRO runs Windows or Linux?
              Do other announcements work iow does your speaker client work?
              If you navigate to <HS root directory>\html\Sonos\Announcements do you find anything in there? If so, can you play it with Windows Media Player?

Dirk

Comment

This is my setup. I've not finished but may help you as it does work

Sonos plug in config

Setup network settings

Event for tts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                  It shouldn't stop nor remain stopped, so can you post a screen shot of your event, with full details.

Which PI version are you on?

Dirk

Mine sometimes stays stopped but not always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also note that in my tools->setup->network page for Homeseer I have no speaker clients listed at the very bottom and 2nd from the bottom is blank for the default speaker clients.

Any ideas?
                    This would most likely be your problem, no speaker client ....
                    No idea why AND there must be a local client. Maybe the speaker.exe file is corrupted. Is this a HS2 or HS3 setup? In HS2 I seem to recall the speaker client was started from the startup script, not sure how in HS3.

Dirk

Comment

SEL-PRO No Speaker Client

Thanks for the info. I believe I have everything setup properly. This SEL-PRO is running Linux, HS3.

I looked in /usr/local/Sonos/Announcements/ and there is nothing in there. I also did find the scripts folder under /usr/local/homeseer/scripts and I found my startup.vb.

This is what I have for startup.vb. Maybe it is a volume issue?

' This is the startup script
                      ' It is run once when HomeSeer starts up
                      '
                      ' You may also have Startup.vb and it will be run instead of this scrip$
                      '
                      sub Main(parm as object)

hs.WriteLog("Startup", "Scripting is OK and is now running Star$

' Speak - uncomment the next line if you want HomeSeer to speak
                      ' at startup.
                      hs.Speak("Welcome to Home-Seer", True)
                      ' speak the port the web server is running on
                      Dim port As String = hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebSvrPort", "")
                      If port <> "80" Then
                      hs.Speak("Web server port number is " & port)
                      End If

' You may add your own commands to this script.
                      ' See the scripting section of the HomeSeer help system for more in$
                      ' You may access help by going to your HomeSeer website and clickin$
                      ' or by pointing your browser to the /help page of your HomeSeer sy$

End Sub
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mistermike; June 2, 2016, 07:54 PM. Reason: Updating Sonos config page

Comment

Speaker Config

This is what my speaker config shows.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info. I believe I have everything setup properly. This SEL-PRO is running Linux, HS3.

I looked in /usr/local/Sonos/Announcements/ and there is nothing in there. I also did find the scripts folder under /usr/local/homeseer/scripts and I found my startup.vb.

This is what I have for startup.vb. Maybe it is a volume issue?

' This is the startup script
                          ' It is run once when HomeSeer starts up
                          '
                          ' You may also have Startup.vb and it will be run instead of this scrip$
                          '
                          sub Main(parm as object)

hs.WriteLog("Startup", "Scripting is OK and is now running Star$

' Speak - uncomment the next line if you want HomeSeer to speak
                          ' at startup.
                          hs.Speak("Welcome to Home-Seer", True)
                          ' speak the port the web server is running on
                          Dim port As String = hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebSvrPort", "")
                          If port <> "80" Then
                          hs.Speak("Web server port number is " & port)
                          End If

' You may add your own commands to this script.
                          ' See the scripting section of the HomeSeer help system for more in$
                          ' You may access help by going to your HomeSeer website and clickin$
                          ' or by pointing your browser to the /help page of your HomeSeer sy$

End Sub
                          OK you have a Linux install. I think you need to use flite, see this link (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...27&postcount=9)

Dirk

Comment

Thank you!

That was it!

sudo apt-get install flite

Thank you very, very much! This is the best forum.

Now to find out how to install better voices.

Comment

This is the best forum.
                              You owe me a Bock !!

Comment

You got it! That is the least I could do.

Comment

Working...
                                X