Alexa TTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa TTS!

Finally it is possible to do TTS with Alexa. IF someone wants to fork this to HS3.

https://community.openhab.org/t/rele...hab2/37844/408

Wow, hope the HS team gets on this right now!

EDIT: Or wait. This is just some "hack" of the alexa.amazon.com page...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

yes, but tried it on openhab and it does work!
      Last edited by ; May 16, 2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Yes, and that is cool and all. But it's not "official" which means it won't be native to HomeSeer.

But if someone finds the actual code, I'll have a look at it.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Sorry, I just noticed the guy didn't realease the code... I assumed openhab was ... open

But someone on the board noticed that :

@michi
          I bet you were inspired by one of the following links:

https://www.gehrig.info/alexa/Alexa.html 27
          https://github.com/thorsten-gehrig/alexa-remote-control 25
          http://blog.loetzimmer.de/2017/10/am...hell-echo.html 45

Is it also planned to implement the following?

select echo-device
          next|prev|fwd|rwd|shuffle|
          connect/disconnect bluetooth device
          play tunein radio
          play library track
          play Prime playlist
          play Prime station
          play Prime historical queue
          play library playlist
          list imported library tracks
          list purchased library tracks
          list Prime playlists
          list Prime stations
          list available devices
          delete multiroom and/or create new multiroom containing devices
          logoff
          Last edited by ; May 16, 2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

It doesn't look like text to speech.

It looks like they are recording messages, and playing them via a playlist through the alexa.amazon.com web page.
            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

I think they are using the new routine ‘ costum alexa say’ feature. But i dont know more.

Comment

There is always the "Simon says" way ...

Comment

Right now, i am sending tts to alexa from hs3 with mcsmqtt to node red, then to openhab . But that is not as intuitive as sending via/to sonos, this is not local, and sending the same command to multiple alexa (i created a linked string vitual item in openhab) does not result in good ync, it is asynchronous( we understand nothing )
                  Last edited by ; May 16, 2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

If someone wants to try this indirectly with nodered and open hab. Here is an exemple of an event from homeseer with a string variable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2FIfQtuRGY

Comment

Node_red picture, with a better image of the Hs3 event
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ; May 19, 2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

just as a FYI, i have got this working directly from a windows 10 machine without the need for other machines/apps by installing the Windows Feature "Windows Linux Subsystem" then rebooting

after which i installed the Ubuntu Linux app from the windows store, see the link for further info.

then all i did once linux was setup is run the following commands

apt-get update
                        apt-get install jq
                        apt-get install unzip
                        wget https://github.com/walthowd/ha-alexa...ive/master.zip
                        unzip master.zip

now i just made the scripts executable.

then created a secrets.yaml file in the same ~/<ExtractedFolder>

which contains only the following info

alexa_email: my@amazonemail.com
                        alexa_password: myamazonpassword

i then followed the setup instructions available in the github repo about getting the cookie. (word of advice i used firefox as Chrome etc.. would not work) ensure you comment/uncomment your correct region info, i also used the following Browser Line andreplaced the line in the code as i had better success with this

BROWSER='Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.103 Safari/537.36'

once all that was up and running i just ran

~/<ExtractedFolder>/alexa_remote_control.sh -a

which returned all my devices.

and as a test i just ran

~/<ExtractedFolder>/alexa_remote_control.sh -d "Alexa Device Name" -e speak:"This is a test message"

once you have output, i just created the an AlexaSpeak.bat in a directory in the windows partition with the following:

@echo off
                        set arg1=%1
                        set arg2=%2
                        shift
                        shift
                        %SystemRoot%\sysnative\wsl.exe /home/<wsl user>/<ExtractedFolder>/alexa_remote_control.sh -d %arg1% -e speak:%arg2%

ensure you set the script name and path correctly to match your install

after which you can run the batch file with your Alexa Device Name and Message, you can use the "ALL" instead for device name but if like me you have more than 6 devices it wont send to all, and i cannot get a speaker group to work either. but for individual notifications to device it works very well so far. but i am still testing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1756
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1258916

This should also work similarly on linux HS3 installs but you just need a different wrapper script.

hope this helps as this has been my utopia for a long time as i have an alexa in every room including my toilets

Comment

Working...
                        X