Tasker can no longer control HS devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
    Hi S-F, I have not seen any email or pm about this, could you share all the settingfiles. hs3_connection.dat, myhs_connection.dat, connection_method.dat, ssid.dat and change your own passwords. Thanks

Thank you for the response!

All of those files are empty except the ssid.dat which only has the ssid of my wi-fi network. Maybe that points to a problem?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      Thank you for the response!

All of those files are empty except the ssid.dat which only has the ssid of my wi-fi network. Maybe that points to a problem?
      Yes, that's is probably the problem.

myhs_connection.dat 5 lines: (Below file are used if you connect by MyHS Service)
      Your_name
      myhsID
      myhspassword
      connected2.homeseer.com
      on

connection_method.dat
      1 line (direct / myhs) Direct is used for local ip or wan ip.
      direct

hs3_connection.dat
      5 lines,line 5 off/on depending if SSL should be used.
      Your_Name
      username_from_homeseer
      password_from_homeseer
      iport_ex: myhomeseer.dyndns.com:8080
      off

ssid.dat (3 lines, line 3 SLL on/off)full_ssidname_of_your_home_router
      local_ip_and_port_ex_192.168.2.10:82
      off

You can try to enter all your own details with a android text editor.
      If you want me to create the setupfiles for you, please send me all your accounts, router ssid name and ip's without password where I just put "password"
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

It would be great if you could help me set this all up. Can I edit the files in Notepad? Could you please let me know specifically what information is needed?

I'm assuming:

HS3 IP and port on the LAN

MYHS username and password

LAN SSID

I'm not sure if it's relevant but this is my phone and I use it both at home and while away.

It's odd that these files got erased!

Thanks again!

Comment

It would be great if you could help me set this all up. Can I edit the files in Notepad? Could you please let me know specifically what information is needed?

I'm assuming:

HS3 IP and port on the LAN

MYHS username and password

LAN SSID

I'm not sure if it's relevant but this is my phone and I use it both at home and while away.

It's odd that these files got erased!

Thanks again!
          No problem, I can create the files for you and you only need to change to your own username/passwords etc.
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

That would be great! Do you want to attach them here so they are available for others? Otherwise you could email them to me.

Comment

If your main connection method is myhs download myhs_method.zip and direct_wan_connection.zip if you are using wan ip or dyndns service.
              Place the dat. files in tasker android folder.
              If you edit the files in windows, use notepad++
              For myhs,
              In file myhs_connection.dat, change line 1-3 to your own info.
              ssid.dat, change line 1-3 ex.
              Netgear
              192.168.2.10:80
              off

Let me know if it's working or if you need more help.
              Thanks
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tonlof; March 3, 2018, 11:05 AM.
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hmmmmm. I erased those files in the Tasker folder and dropped the new ones in and it's still not working. I have verified that all of the data in the files is correct. I still can't control HS devices on wi-fi or over cellular data. Is there anything else I can do?

Comment

Hmmmmm. I erased those files in the Tasker folder and dropped the new ones in and it's still not working. I have verified that all of the data in the files is correct. I still can't control HS devices on wi-fi or over cellular data. Is there anything else I can do?
                  Could you maybe set temporary login and password so I can try it from here then we can probably see if the issue is on hs side or tasker side.
                  How do you test the connection from tasker?
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Could you maybe set temporary login and password so I can try it from here then we can probably see if the issue is on hs side or tasker side.
                    How do you test the connection from tasker?

I test the connection by running a task that used to control a HS device. I'll PM you some MyHS login credentials.

Thanks again!

Comment

Was there any update on this by any chance? I've been having similar issues since updating my phone to the android P beta build. I can receive info from HS without a problem, but it appears when I send out to HS that nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MorkaiTheWolf View Post
                        Was there any update on this by any chance? I've been having similar issues since updating my phone to the android P beta build. I can receive info from HS without a problem, but it appears when I send out to HS that nothing happens.
                        Hello and sorry to hear that you having problem with your update. How do you connect? MyHS or direct Connection, could you share all .dat files with me and mask the sensitive data.
                        --
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hello and sorry to hear that you having problem with your update. How do you connect? MyHS or direct Connection, could you share all .dat files with me and mask the sensitive data.
                          I was connection via direct connection but because I had recently updated my phone to the beta, I simply imported backups of my .dat files. Apparently this didn't work right for some reason? Re-running the stepup under the HS3 Engine got everything working for me. Was very odd.

Comment

Working...
                          X