Vera PI Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vera PI Status?

How's everything running with the latest beta? I see the Vera autha11 server is back online and working.

Data point. My HS3 server is a relatively under-powered mini-PC with a Celeron processor and 2GB RAM. With the Vera PI running and nothing major going on (script running, etc), CPU utilization bounces around in the 75-85% range. Without the PI running utilization is around 35-45%. This coupled with having only ZigBee bulbs left running on Vera led me to remove the PI and shelve my Vera box.

It's a great PI but my situation didn't justify the server resource requirement.
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      Data point. My HS3 server is a relatively under-powered mini-PC with a Celeron processor and 2GB RAM. With the Vera PI running and nothing major going on (script running, etc), CPU utilization bounces around in the 75-85% range. Without the PI running utilization is around 35-45%. This coupled with having only ZigBee bulbs left running on Vera led me to remove the PI and shelve my Vera box.

It's a great PI but my situation didn't justify the server resource requirement.
      I have a similar system and I'm not seeing high CPU. Can you provide more info on your setup?

HS3 Version
      Vera PI Version
      OS (Windows/Linux) version
      .NET version / Mono Version

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
        I have a similar system and I'm not seeing high CPU. Can you provide more info on your setup?

HS3 Version
        Vera PI Version
        OS (Windows/Linux) version
        .NET version / Mono Version
        - HomeSeer .458
        - OS Win10 Pro
        - Vera PI - not sure...uninstalled last week but don't think I'd installed the very latest beta.
        - .NET - don't have remote access to check right now but refreshed windows a couple weeks ago if that tells you what it would have automatically installed.
        - 263 devices
        - 134 events
        -Wade

Comment

- HomeSeer .458
          - OS Win10 Pro
          - Vera PI - not sure...uninstalled last week but don't think I'd installed the very latest beta.
          - .NET - don't have remote access to check right now but refreshed windows a couple weeks ago if that tells you what it would have automatically installed.
          - 263 devices
          - 134 events
          Seems good. If you care to I would like to see the results from the latest beta. I know previous versions CPU was high and I thought I had that resolved.

Comment

If I have time I'll reinstall this evening and let you know.
            -Wade

Comment

My trial has expired so I'm not able to test CPU utilization on the latest beta. Sorry.
              -Wade

Comment

My trial has expired so I'm not able to test CPU utilization on the latest beta. Sorry.
                Ok thanks for trying.

Comment

Just noticed (after i finally got rid of the firmware nag screen) that a new firmware has been released to the plus. New version is 1.7.4001.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
                    Just noticed (after i finally got rid of the firmware nag screen) that a new firmware has been released to the plus. New version is 1.7.4001.
                    I've been following that on the forum. Some have had problems... as usual. I'm waiting to see what happens.

Official Statement: Not Tested

Comment

I just installed the Vera PI. It does not start and says access is denied. It shows I have 30 days remaining on the trial period. I am anxious to get this to work and if it does, I will purchase. Please advise. Thanks

Comment

Please enable debug and PM or attach your logs for review and provide your system information.

HS3 Version
                        OS Info (Windows/Linux)
                        Vera Controller (Local or Remote)
                        Vera Model

Comment

The Vera plug-in is working....!!! I just had to reboot my host couple of times. I plan to test the next few days and then purchase the Vera PI. Thanks for making this PI. It will make my migration from Vera to HS so much easier

Comment

Migration is what I developed it for! Also note after migration you can still use it for Zigbee devices that Vera supports (which isn't many)

Comment

I plan to just permanently leave my devices in Vera and use HS for scripting etc. as long as the devices work correctly through the Vera PI.

s there a way that I can have blinds show up correctly in HS? Currently the PI is showing blinds like a device with a power button. No up/down controls. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X