Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me an idea of what you are trying to accomplish and then I can give you some help. There is so much that can be done I dont want to explain something that is not on your wish list.

Comment

Caller id

I VOIP phone service. I gives caller ID but without name. I am really interested in the reverse lookup. I think I have tried all of the reverse lookup scripts that is on the board and none of them seem to work for me. I would like to be able get the name to go with the number and would also like to be able to be able have the information found as last caller listed on quick view.
      Thank you for you fast response. Hope you can give me some ideas.

danielbo
      danielbo

Comment

Once the computer gets the name then what is suppose to do with it?

Comment

Caller id

After it would get the name, I would like HS to speak the name and list it on the quickview page. Also if it is not in the address book, it would be great to have it added.
          Thank you for your fast reply, hope you can give me some help.
          danielbo
          danielbo

Comment

xapmcsCID will process the CID and put information based upon it on the LAN. Once on the LAN there will be things that will be listening for it and accept it to add further processing. In my environment the following happens

NetCallerID --CID-->xapmcsCID ->| --> LAN as xAP message
            ......................................................| --> Audrey ACID
            ......................................................| --> Outlook Contacts

LAN Message -->| --> xapmcsUM desktop popup with CID info
            ...........................| --> xAPMCE for TV message box
            ...........................| --> xapmcsVoice (Multiple PC) for audio announce
            ...........................| --> mcsXap for Homeseer virtual device
            When dealing with CID I want the notification as quick as possible and then as more information becomes available to update. To help achieve this I minimize the serial processes and let the consumers of the CID info obtain it at the same time and process it in parallel.

To do what you indicated you want to accomplish the setup would be

VOIP --CID-->xapmcsCID ->| --> LAN as xAP message
            ...........................................| --> Outlook Contacts

LAN Message -->| --> mcsXap for Homeseer virtual device
            ...........................| --> xapmcsVoice (Multiple PC) for audio announce
            The xapmcsVoice is optional if you do not mind the additional delay routing it through Homeseer after the virtual device has been populated before speaking. I dont know why you want the CID in a Homeseer deivce since by the time you get your browser up to view it the caller may have already hung up. In my case it is placed in a Homeseer device simply for the purpose of showing the last called received which if viewed at all would be well after then call has been completed.

I'm not familiar with the VOIP interface, but for it to work with xapmcsCID it will need a serial interface.

If you want to use the xAP applications then we can take the next step.
            As you can see it is a distributed HA architecture which is a departure from mainstream HS which is quite centralized. They are quite compatible, but most on this board are not so advertureous.

Comment

Sound great and simple. You know just what I am looking for.
              So at this point, as far as I can see there is two more itme items that I will be needing. Audrey ACID and mcsXap. Am I understanding this?
              I am going to do some searching, but also if you could give me some ideas on where I pick this stuff at would also help. You have been the greatest, you do not know how much this means to me.
              I am like you as to getting the call information done as fast as possible. My homeer computer does nothing but runs HS and HS Phone. Late at night, it will backup the system. I it was just bought new for this use. So it really is super fast and I upgraded the memory to 1 gig. So this should give me good processing speed.
              As I understand also you do the reverse phone number lookup and it does great.
              Thank you for helping me so far. I hate being a past, but with people like you it is the only way I am going to learn. Then I hope to be able to help others.

Thank you,
              danielbo
              danielbo

Comment

mcsXap pluign for Homeseer - http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=106451
                xapmcsCID - http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=100028
                xapmcsHub - http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=109125
                xapmcsVoice - http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=101075

mcsXap goes into the homeseer or homeseer 2 folder. The others should be placed in their individual folders anywhere. Maintain folder structure as you unzip them. You will likely want to start your xap nodes from the windows startup folder after you get it all working.

Since you have hsphone, I must assume that your source of CID info is HSP. That means to use xapmcsCID you will need to add hsphone and homeseer into the chain of processing

CID --> hsPhone --> Homeseer -> mcsXap --> xapmcsCID --> xapmcsVoice --> speaker
                The homeseer legs of this chain will be setup as events. For the first the trigger will be CID from hsphone. The event action will be to send an xAP message. This action will be made available after you install mcsXap. The message parameters are:
                Schema/Class: CID.Incoming
                Section/Group: CID.Incoming
                Key: Phone
                Value: <number delivered from hsphone>

Comment

What should the Value be, or will the plugin pick it up automatically?

Comment

The value will be the phone number from hsphone. It will not pick it up automatically. It will likely need to be done via scripting that is called from the hsp cid event where the script receives the phonenumber and then uses the mcsXap's method of SendXapMessage. I think you will find a relatively recent posting the mcsXap thread about the syntax of this scripting method.

xapmcsCID was designed to receive the CID directly from the modem or netcallerid and using hsp for this makes it a little awkward.

Comment

OK, I know have everything loaded that you gave me. Now when I click on the button for the web page it comes up blank, but no errors. The other thing I did not understand is mcxap config settings, the mcsxaphup config setting and the mcsxapvoice config settings was all blank 0 KB. The mcsxapcid config setting say: [GENERAL]
                      ACID=1
                      CIDCOMMPORT="1"
                      CIDMODEMINITSTRING=AT#CID=1
                      CIDNAMEPREFIX=NAME =
                      CIDNUMBERPREFIX=NMBR =
                      CIDPORTSTRING=9600,n,8,1
                      FRIENDSLOCATION=f:\Program File\HomeSeer 2\data
                      INSERTMODEMCRLF=1
                      OUTLOOK=1
                      STRIPPREFIX=0
                      XAPNODE=""
                      XAPPID="FF008000"

The xapmcshub3248 say:

5/14/2006 11:19:55 PM | xapmcsHub Hub Startup 3248 at Line 0

all but xapmcshub3248 is located in the config folder and xapmcshub3248 is located in the data folder. Does all this sound right?
                      In the start up I have xapmcsHub, xapmcsVoice and xapmcsCID. Is this right also?

I think I am getting closer with all of your help, Thank you so much.
                      Danielbo
                      danielbo

Comment

The settings you are showing indicate that you will be delivering the CID info to an Audrey using ACID protocol. It shows that the modem that is being used to report CID events is on port 1; you have a flat file phone number lookup in f:\Program File\HomeSeer 2\data\friends.txt; and you will be updating the Outlook contacts with new numbers.

I do not think this is the setup you described before.

xapmcsVoice needs to have the first two rows completed to indicate the voice that you want to use and the output device to where it is directed. The other settings are for VR and not needed for CID announcement.

The default setup for mcsXap will be fine for what you want. There is actually no checkbox that is needed in the setup, but you may want Show In Menu as a convience to get to the plugin setup easier from the HS menu bar.

The defaults for xapmcsHub are also all you need. The only checkbox that you will have set is No Backup Hub, but if you have it set it will not matter. You should be seeing some activity in the two list boxes on the setup as the other xAP applicaitons communicate.

I dont know what web page you are referencing when you indicate it is blank

xapmcsHub3248.txt in the \Data folder relative to where xapmcsHub.exe is installed is created to indicate that this instance of the the hub is process 3248. It is useful when there are backups running so the ID can be identified.

I install my xAP applications in a folder structure such as

C:\Program Files\xAP\xapmcsHub\xapmcsHub.exe
                        C:\Program Files\xAP\xapmcsVoice\xapmcsVoice.exe
                        C:\Program Files\Homeseer\hspi_mcsxap.ocx

Comment

Looks as if I am real bad need of help then,
                          the modem is on com port 3
                          the net caller id is on com port 1

So on the XAP Caller id do I put a 1 or a 3?
                          The web page that I was talking about was to a file called mcsXap.asp I thought it was a web page that was to show infomation.
                          f:\Program File\HomeSeer 2\data\friends.txt is just a location. All of my homeSeer information is on the F partition
                          The xapmcsHub I never did see a config for it, I have a Icon and have it loaded in the startup and it shows it is running.
                          So I have everything in the files as you indicated, but the drive is f:\program files\

So really the only setup I did any thing with was the CID setup:
                          and that was the com port (which now I dont know is it the modem or the netid location)
                          the directory of friends.txt that I have now created the file, but is directed to f:\program files\homeSeer2\data.

I do not have Audrey installed on my computer, Should I do this?

I hate to be a bother to you, and if I am just let me know. But, I would love to get this to work, because you had said it works great for you and it sound to be perfect to what I am wanting out of HS Phone.

<!-- / message -->
                          danielbo

Comment

I'm really confused on your setup. It now appears you have a NetCallerID box that will provide the CID and it is connected to port 1. You continue to mention HSP, but HSP is not involved in this process since the NetCallerID is providing the CID event. Audrey is another computer once sold by 3Com. It is not a piece of software that is loaded.

xapmcsVoice, xapmcsCID, and xapmcsHub each run in the tray and have an icon associated with them. You get to the hub config by clicking on it and selecting view traffic. The three config checkboxes are at the bottom center.

The friends.txt file is not needed. Some use it rather than Outlook or HSP as the Phonebook source.

mcsXap will be listening for xAP messages. When it finds one it will remember it and present it on the browser. Until it hears a message nothing will be there to show. Once shown then you will "A" accept the message so the information will go into a virtual device.

To get the ball rolling you need to have a phone call that triggers a CID event from NetCallerID. This will send the xAP message and then you can accept it from mcsXap browser. You need only do this once. All subsequent CID's will be delivered to HS based upon this initial acceptance.

At the same time the message is delivered to HS it will be delivered to xapmcsVoice and you should hear the verbalization. This will include whatever information is available in the local phonebook or area code-based lookup. If an internet lookup finds the name then a second message will be sent, HS will get it and xapmcsVoice will speak it.

Comment

I am now getting the icon on the tray for the hub. I at first was not getting it. I deleted everything and tried it again. I was not getting it before. I do have a net caller ID. I got it because someone told me it would help me with doing the reverse lookup on the caller id.
                              This is all that I really want my system to do. I would like if the number is not in the address book, I would like for a reverse number lookup done. My understanding that this setup up using the XAP would help me with with.
                              Also I would like that if this does do the reverse lookup, then if it could speak the information that is found.
                              Thats it..
                              I know have three icon on the task bar,
                              Voice, Hub and CID, plus I can get into the config of all three now.
                              So I now am that far,
                              danielbo

Comment

Can you call yourself or would you like me to add a simulated call button for testing?

Comment

Working...
                                X