Clear All

Ds2406

Thank's a lot !!
    Everything seems to be OK.
    Fabrice

Comment

Measuring water flow

Hi,

i'm using McsOne Wire to measure the volume of water i use, but i have no mean to calibrate it in count by Liter ! ( only count by Gallon).

regards
      claude

Comment

There is a set of calibration settings and one is for water flow. Default is 1 gallon per count. The delta counts between two samples is multplied by the calibration factor. If your bucket is 1 liter/count then you will have a fractional calibration to get from gallons to liters. Note also that there is a metric conversion of 4.544 that is applied if you have the rainfall mm radio set and it is also multplied by the count delta.

Comment

waterflow counter

thank you ..

Comment

Ok, I've been trying to figure out what I'm missing here as this is really weird. I added a Lighting sensor from Hobbyboards awhile back, had issues getting it working, so figured I'd play with it today. If I plug it in to MCSTemp, it picks it up and seems to work fine (other than it keeps incrementing, but for testing it's sitting on my server rack with several PCs and a ham radio, so I know it's getting interference.) However if I connect it XapMCS1wire, I see it, detect it, can watch it in the I/O window incrementing, but the WWW page value shows 0. If I close and reopen XapMCS1wire, I notice the device shows up under "DEVICES_IGNORE". Am I missing something here? If I remove it from DEVICES_IGNORE, set it to type Lightning, after I restart it goes back to ignoring it.

[DEVICES_IGNORE]
            0A00000031DF0C12=;;;0;0;0;0;0
            3B00000007E4CF1D=1;0;0;0;0;0;0;0

Thanks,

-Mike
            Last edited by mloebl; June 10, 2006, 03:01 PM.

Comment

DS2423 counters are two channel devices so you should have four entries in the sensor list. Two are counts and two are rates. For lightining only the 1st or 3rd will be used since lightning rates are not supported.

The [DEVICES_IGNORE] will have a line for every sensor detected. Deletion of a line does not mean that the sensor will no longer be ignored. Consistency is needed amoung the sensor list under each of the groups in the ini file.

The "X" column should be unchecked for the row where your lightning sensor is identified.

From your ini snippit it looks like a counter's channel 1 count is set to be ignored while its rate and the two channel 2 entries all all enabled to be used. Info will appear as xAP messages only as values change or when a xapbsc.query is commanded.

Comment

Michael,

Thanks for the clarification, I think that was it. I deleted all references too it, and also moved it off the 1wire hub, and it this time did detect 4 devices as you said. Good news is they are detected, bad news is have to wait for an update so I can add them to MCSXap. When they first got detected, it came in as a windgust and windspeed, and haven't been resent yet as lightning. I'm assuming I can somehow do a bscquery thru MCSXap?

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

The browser page has a BSC IN line where something like mcs.OneWire.>:> can be added to the text box and the button pushed. All the 1 wire devices will then report their current status.

Comment

ds2408 latched logic state activity memory + reset

Hi Michael,

long time ago since, first I posted some thanks for this nice app, and with a question

Is there a way to read the port output latch logic of the ds2408 ? (can be read in the memory 5th6th Hex e.g. 00 FF 01 => means the first switch port has been toggled, since the last reset)

Also how can I send a reset (like the clear activity button in the onewireviewer?)

Many thx!
                    migube

Comment

I added activity support for the DS2408 in the same approach that was done for DS2406. If I recall an event message will be delivered when there is activity and the state in the message will be the current state. I dont know what the onewireviewer controls are, but the reset is normally delivered to the device each time it is accessed. The activity latches are reset at each polling interval as well.

These changes are only made to the V2 of xapmcs1Wire which are posted with V1 at the top of the subforum.

You also need the released V4 of the Dallas drivers. The beta drivers do not have the DS2408 support that I'm now using.
                      Last edited by Michael McSharry; August 28, 2006, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Version 2 of xapmcs1Wire

The scheduling mechanism has been changed for xapmcs1wire to allow rates to be defined on a device-by-device basis. When the same 1-wire device supports multiple functions all functions of that device will be updated at the same rate. Exercise care when selecting the polling rate for a device. The highest ID for the multi-function device will dictate the polling rate. If the poll rate is changed, but the browser display does not reflect it, then another function for that device needs to have its rate changed as well.

The discovery process is no longer automatic except during startup. A Search Devices button has been added to search for newly added sensors.

A Presence column has been added to the display that shows green when a device is responding, red when Accepted and not responding, and yellow when not responding and not selected. This provides a quick view of the general health of the 1-wire network.

The previous X (Exclude) column is now shown as two columns R (Reject) and A (Accept) to be consistent with other mcs applications. A formatting check box option is added to control visibiltiy of the rejected fields. When all functions of a device have been rejected then the device will be deleted on the next Save operation.

The polling mechanism is optimized to minimize the number of switches of the hub branches. To take maximum advantage of this then multiple devices using the same hub branch will need to be scheduled at the same rate. The rates are entered in millisecond units, but realistically typcial sensors will be closer to 1000 millisecond minimums because of the time it takes the device to do A/D conversions. Counters (DS2423) respond quickly.

When a hub branch is changed then all DS2409's are reconfigured to assure the correct branch configuration. A hobby-board hub contains 3 DS2409's to give 6 branches. If multiple hubs are used then all hubs will be configured for each branch change. Nested hubs are not supported at this time, but the V2 design is such that such an architecture is not precluded.

When a wind speed sensor is selected, then the sensor will be polled at 15 second intervals (or faster if so entered). The maximum 15 second reading within the wind speed polling interval will be reported as the wind gust. If your wind speed is specified to be faster then 30000 milliseconds then the gust and wind values will be the same.

Both Version 1 and Version 2 of xapmcs1wire are posted to provide a transition period. The ini files are compatible between the two versions, but backups are always a good idea.

Comment

Hi Michael,

just tried the latest v2, and after the first polling it will stop (seen in the io window & no blinking), even if it is configured to poll eveery 5sec. With the latest v1, it still works.

br,
                          migube

Comment

Post your .ini file from the xapmcs1Wire\Config folder.

Comment

Michael,

The new version looks like it only polls my AAG pressure sensor once, but everything else it keeps polling. I'll see if I can post my INI file if I can get it from home.

-Mike

Comment

Michael,

Here's my file, if you need anything else, let me know. The barometer ID is 0a00000031df0c12.

Thanks,

-Mike
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X