TTS missing first part of text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dirk

I have doubled checked the Sonos update and it confirms that I have the latest software but all it shows on the "about your Sonos is 3.7"

I have also unplugged the Bathroom ZP from the end of the "daisy Chain" and plugged it directly into the router but still the same, hence the log file may show lost players ??

Cross fading is turned off. There is about 30 tracks in the queue.

I will send log file, I have turned on de bug and run the event again.

If its all a bit messy I will let it settle and send you another log file. I hope that I have sent the right one this time
    Dirk, I have just looked at the Log file and if I am looking at the right one it renews/closes daily. I will wait till tomorrow and e mail latest log to you.
    Cheers

Steve
    Last edited by Stevieboy; May 21, 2012, 09:53 AM. Reason: Sentance added
    Steve

Comment

Dirk

I have also downloaded Jon00's BBCweather script/plugin, he advises me to ask you on how to get Sonos to annouce weather report (He says he has little knowledge of how the plugin works)

Could you point me in the right direction please?

As you know I am new to this but can't seem to see how or where to put info in the Speak/parameters tab (in order to speek certain parts of the script). have done a search and can't find any info.

Thats if I am tackling this the right way of course.

Not sure if I create a speak or run script action here, or both! to get annoucement.

Script parameters reads something like this ("MAIN","I+C+E")

I also noticed in Jon00's weather speak script that there is Speaker client option which is set to *:* , Jon00 suggests that this may need changing to "$SONOS$ALL$Homeseerefault" Would this be correct ?

Cheers

Steve
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
        I will send log file, I have turned on de bug and run the event again.
        What kind of player is the Bathroom player?

Comment

Dirk

I have also downloaded Jon00's BBCweather script/plugin, he advises me to ask you on how to get Sonos to annouce weather report (He says he has little knowledge of how the plugin works)
          I also noticed in Jon00's weather speak script that there is Speaker client option which is set to *:* , Jon00 suggests that this may need changing to "$SONOS$ALL$Homeseerefault" Would this be correct ?

Cheers

Steve
          Hi Steve, if Jon00's script allows you to specify which output device to use then you should enter yours which is $SONOS$TTS$sandalwood:default

If you created different linkgroups besides the one you named TTS then substitute TTS with whatever linkgroup you have.

A second way is to use a deviceid. You can ask Jon00 which deviceid he uses, default is typically 0 but some plugin authors use the value 100. If you go to the Sonos config screen and look at the linkgroup table, you see at the very right a "Speaker Device" column. If you enter there the deviceID the text-generating plugin uses, then that speech will be routed via the Sonos system.

You can as always create multiple linkgroup (they can be identical in configuration or different), to do different things for different actions.

Read through this posting here (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=149982), it is pretty lengthy but on the second page or so, we talk about setting up ultraweather PI.

In your case, specifying the right device name is probably the right solution.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            What kind of player is the Bathroom player?
            Sorry, forgot to mention ZP100
            Steve

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention ZP100
              Is this the only ZP100? Others are ZP120s?
              If you go to the controller, select the bathroom player, go to settings, go to online-upgrades, it will check whether you have the latest upgrade or not.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

I have 3 ZP100's and a ZP120. I also have a ZP80 that I will shortly be upgrading to a S5.

Have sent you log file, hope it helps. If it's not right let me know

Spot on with info for BBC weather script, thanks, Thats all up and running now.

Cheers

Steve
                Steve

Comment

Steve,

I had a brief look at the log file, will look further tonight but I see a lot of issues.

In your first attempt I see connection to players being lost. Then I see a restart of HS and see the announcement being trigger during initialization.

Are you running a script at startup that runs these announcements? I this case I see the announcement repetitively being issues but they are all being queued. I may need to build a protection against this case into my plug-in. Then another HS restart is issued. I assume you are manually restarting HS or is this HS-Sentry?

Now for the more problematic part, I see a lot of errors when the PI tries to create objects:

Error in CreateSonosControllers. Could not instantiate ZonePlayerController with error = Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80004005.
                  Error in BuildHSSonosDevices while finding the zoneplayers : Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80004005.

What kind of PC and OS is this running on? Does it have ALL the .NET patches installed? Does it have enough memory? Have you started the task manager and observed memory and handles? This looks to me like a memory issue or your .NET patches are not all installed.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

Have attatched some screen shots for you. .Net is all up to date

PC is really a dedicated machine, just runs CCtv software and HS , nothing major.

No scripts run at startup but as I say, re started HS a couple of times when I played about with Jon00's speaker proxy (all working now, thanks)

I did hit the run button on the annoucemnets a couple of times just to make sure there was something in the log for you to look at.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18696723/pc%20stats.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18696723/memory%20specs.jpg

Hope this helps

Steve
                    Steve

Comment

Hi Dirk

Have attatched some screen shots for you. .Net is all up to date

PC is really a dedicated machine, just runs CCtv software and HS , nothing major.

No scripts run at startup but as I say, re started HS a couple of times when I played about with Jon00's speaker proxy (all working now, thanks)

I did hit the run button on the annoucemnets a couple of times just to make sure there was something in the log for you to look at.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18696723/pc%20stats.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18696723/memory%20specs.jpg

Hope this helps

Steve
                      Steve,

can't tell from the first screen shot that all is up to date, but you are running Win7 SP1 so that sounds very good. .NET updates are in a lot of cases optional so if you go to the windows update page and you hit check for updates you would see it.

Noted the 32% CPU utilization, is this all the time? That looks pretty busy unless it was doing some other stuff.

Is HS in general running OK or is it crashing on occasion?

Looking at your screenshots I don't see anything out of the ordinary but the errors that I found in your log are OS (.NET) related, so we'll have to figure out why it prevents creating objects which is something you would have problems with when there isn't enough memory but the memory looks fine ......

Anything else out of the ordinary that is running on that PC? Antivirus, server functions of some sort ...

Is the CCTv SW taxing (CPU or memory)?

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

.Net is all up to date. The only thing thats running as a server is Melloware X10 server (this is only because i've not got as far as the Hs Touch or Iphone PI for remote operation).

The only Antivirus running is Microsoft security essentials as this seems to suffice for my needs.

I am using Blue Iris software for CCTV this from what I have read in the forums is not juicy on memory.

I will check CPU usage over the next few days to see if I can get some sort of average figure. I have not had HS crash and I'ts been on 24/7 since I installed it (couple of weeks or so)

Please let me know If I can assist in any other way

Thanks

Steve
                        Steve

Comment

Hi Dirk

Cpu usage is about 20/25% on average. I am going to have a re wire of zoneplayers and router over the weekend to see if that makes any difference. I will also be losing the ZP80, so one less ZP to worry about.

Will post the outcome.

On a differant note, not sure if youv'e seen the Google script on the forums, but perhaps you could help me on trying to get it to speak.
                          I have read your help file but I dont know what to put into the Parameters box (&hs.speak ???or even if I need this). The script seems to all be working fine, Just not sure how to get it to speak using Sonos/TTS.

I have managed to get jon00'sBBC weather script to speaker, just cant see how to do the same with the Google script. What am I missing (apart fron the knowledge )

As usual, a dropbox file again

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18696723/google%20calnder.jpg

Can send copy of script if you need it.

Cheers, thanks again

Steve
                          Steve

Comment

Hi Dirk

Cpu usage is about 20/25% on average. I am going to have a re wire of zoneplayers and router over the weekend to see if that makes any difference. I will also be losing the ZP80, so one less ZP to worry about.

Will post the outcome.

On a differant note, not sure if youv'e seen the Google script on the forums, but perhaps you could help me on trying to get it to speak.
                            I have read your help file but I dont know what to put into the Parameters box (&hs.speak ???or even if I need this). The script seems to all be working fine, Just not sure how to get it to speak using Sonos/TTS.

I have managed to get jon00'sBBC weather script to speaker, just cant see how to do the same with the Google script. What am I missing (apart fron the knowledge )

As usual, a dropbox file again

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18696723/google%20calnder.jpg

Can send copy of script if you need it.

Cheers, thanks again

Steve
                            I see the script uses hs.speak which I assume will be sent to the default speaker device being device id = 0.

You should add that to your linkgroup table like shown in attached.

The other alternative is to rewrite the script and change the hs.speak into hs.speakex where now the first parameter of speakex will be the deviceid of your choice so can chose any value and have that match with the value in your linkgroup table. If you do this, you can now route ONLY this script to whatever linkgroup you like.

If you set one of your linkgroup to deviceid=0, all default announcements will be routed to the Sonos system, might be exactly what you want, else change the script.

Dirk
                            Attached Files

Comment

Steve,

I had a second look at that log file you posted. I noted this error here as well:

21/05/2012 18:23:34 ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Weather annoucemnet"
                              21/05/2012 18:23:34 ~!~Event~!~Running script and waiting: SonosTTSWait.vb("waitforTTS","")

This is cosmetical but you shouldn't have any actions to run the SonosTTSWait script, that has only significance when you use the audio input to a Sonos player to pipe in audio via a cable from your HS PC.

So wherever you have that action, remove it.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks Dirk

Spot on as always, it now annouces my Google calender. I ended up with speaker device id in the box. I have removed the vbs wait (added this as per help file but obviously read it wrong)

As I said, I have removed the living room ZP80 (never used) from the equation and will be hopefully having a rewire on Wednesday.

Dirk, could you shed some light on as to how I "stop" the plugin seeing it as missing player ?

Will be in touch soon with my findings.

Cheers

Steve
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X