Snow Snow and more Snow!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Snow and more Snow!!

A couple of us mentioned how much snow we have been getting this winter and thought it would be fun to see how others around the country are doing this year.

I'm in Dracut, MA. about 25 miles NW of Boston. (also about 25 miles from Bedford, NH - HomeSeer!)
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dr...75,-71.3084839

So far with last nights storm, we are at almost 6 ft of snow. Take a look at the picture taken before last nights storm, we got another 14" last night/this morning. This is the same front yard...that poor snowman is still in there somewhere!
    Attached Files
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Wow; lots of snow there Bryan!

Here in the midwest did get in trouble one day one snowstorm for sledding off the roof of the family home. The house was a tri-level but not really that high up relative to the snow.

I have home movies though of us and the neighbors doing this; then getting yelled at.

I wouldn't recommend it though.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

You guys are getting hammered. So far, in Denver, this year has been far less than usual. We usually get our fair share of 12-24" storms, but yours is epic and unprecidented. We've had them on occasion here, but it seems like for the last decade we have avoided them. We had a fairly large one in December of '06 and in the spring of '03. Seems like they were bigger and more frequent in the '90s, but I don't know if statistics bear me out. Our average is about 60" per year.

Snowfall (Inches)

2013-2014 38.4
      2012-2013 78.4
      2011-2012 55.6
      2010-2011 22.8
      2009-2010 60.6
      2008-2009 38.1
      2007-2008 46.3
      2006-2007 72.6
      2005-2006 30.4
      2004-2005 39.3
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
        A couple of us mentioned how much snow we have been getting this winter and thought it would be fun to see how others around the country are doing this year.

I'm in Dracut, MA. about 25 miles NW of Boston. (also about 25 miles from Bedford, NH - HomeSeer!)
        My brother lives in Billerica and has had enough of the snow as well.
        For me, 82 degrees in So Cal today. Clear skies. Slight breeze. Almost like it's being controlled by HS3.

Comment

In Nova Scotia, fourth storm this month today. Just a dusting this time... about 20 inches so far.
          Attached Files
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
            In Nova Scotia, fourth storm this month today. Just a dusting this time... about 20 inches so far.
            BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!

Comment

Here is an "old snow" picture from the 1960's. It was a major snow storm hitting Chicago in 1967.

Well it's the time we sledded off the roof tops and got yelled at. The snapshots below are from a very old 8mm home video.

More recent times local town built a park and sledding hill for the kids which worked well for my kids. It would take a while to climb up to the little hill which was good thing.

Did get stranded a few years back in Estes, CO. All of the roads leading to Denver including Pina Blvd (airport) closed for about a week.

That said the day after the major weather temperatures climbed up into the 70's. There was a small group of us in Estes. We cleared a path on the gravel driveway and played bocci ball that day in tee shirts while drinking a few beers.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; February 15, 2015, 07:10 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

We have not had much snow this year in White House TN. A few dustings here and there, and by dustings I mean less than a few inches. However looks like we maybe getting a chance for what is considered around here real snowfall, along with some very cold temperatures. They are predicting anywhere from 8 to 12 inches, unheard of around these parts. I realize that this is not much when compared to Boston and other places, however it is a lot for this area. I hope everyone is fairing well in the weather wherever you may be.

Pete that is too funny sledding of the roof... sounds like something I would have done if I had the chance. You and I need to party sometime!

Here is the forecast from weatherXML, thanks for the great plugin Jeff. Hope you are doing well.
                Attached Files
                Billy

Comment

When life gives Canadians lemons, Canadians make beer coolers.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Please send the snow here to the Netherlands hahaha

Wow in Nova Scotia is pretty much snow

4 years ago it was here max 45 cm in the south of the Netherlands , but now long time no snow ....

It's 13celcuis today.

And in my other home in the very south italy there was never snow in 25 years and suddenly 3 days ago the first snow ... Pretty amazing , but I wasn't there it's was now 18celcius so all snow gone in just 20 minutes

Even the mayor has contacted he says it's unbelievable haha
                      The picture is from italy
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Malosa; February 16, 2015, 12:22 PM.
                      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Well the snow prediction for Nashville TN did not come true, instead we are getting sleet, and freezing rain and lots of it...
                        Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                          Please send the snow here to the Netherlands hahaha

Wow in Nova Scotia is pretty much snow

I'll be happy to send you all you want, free. Just need a mailing address. Shipping not included.

Comment

I just doubled checked the official numbers...we are now at 110.5" so far, that's over 9 feet! We are expecting another 5"-8" tomorrow.

The next city over (only about 200 yards from my house) was on Good Morning America (ABC) and the Today show (NBC) this morning as one of the snowiest places in the US right now. Not a distinction we wanted! lol

Here a look out my front windows...
                            Attached Files
                            Bryan
                            Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                            Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Yup; here tilt the driveway (passively with no batteries) such that the snow melts to the street.

A couple of weeks ago did also clear a path on the deck to the grill. It was still a bit too cool to cook outside though.

The snow froze on the front evergreen bushes. I noticed that the weight has broken some branches (a lot of branches this year).

We haven't had too much snow here in the Midwest by Chicago this year. Not as much as we had last year.

Today its just been a crispy and sunny day.
                              Attached Files
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X