How to configure a PFSense Firewall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to configure a PFSense Firewall

I used to copy files between HS3 computers using SSH then went to sharing data directories and today playing a bit with using Mosquitto.

Personally I have never needed to reboot or reset PFSense. You do not want to power it off cold as you will corrupt the files running.

Google the command line for restarting PFSense.

I have historically had issues with the older combo firewalls that would need to reboot to get them going again because of the SOHO firmware that never was updated.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Pete:

Thanks for the step by step instructions.

After your step 'h' I now have the question:

"Install into what directory? [/opt/swift]"

Do I just hit return to install into that directory?

Thanks,

BSR
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

The install script does all of the work for you.

Untar the downloaded file, untar it and go inside of the directory, do an ls and you will see the install.sh file which is the install script.

It installs swift in the opt directory like so by default.

/opt/swift

You do not need to go to the swift directory to run it just like any other text to speech application installed on the Zee.

Once installed it is your default text to speech program. The wav files generated for use with HSTouch will sound just like allison no matter what device you are running HSTouch on.

Best to test it with a monitor / keyboard and mouse and audio output in front of your RPi2-3.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Testing here on the Pine64 and then will test on an RPi.

Here is the link on Cepstral relating to installation on the RPi.

In honor of Pi day, Cepstral is pleased to announce that Cepstral's Text to Speech voices are now available for the Raspberry Pi! We are just as excited about the possibilities of this little computer as you are, and we're happy to finally be able to provide great sounding voices for the Pi. We set up a Raspberry Pi Model B (rev 2) in our testing lab to build Cepstral for the ARM architecture. To our pleasant surprise, everything went relatively smoothly thanks to some tenacity with build configuration options.

Typically have not installed any sound stuff on my RPi's except for my NOAA satellite receiver stuff.

Picked my Node Red RPi2 to test...ssh'd to it.

root@ICS-Stretch175:~#
        1 - remove pulseaudio

sudo apt-get --yes purge pulseaudio
        Reading package lists... Done
        Building dependency tree
        Reading state information... Done
        Package 'pulseaudio' is not installed, so not removed

2 - install alsa-utils and alsa-oss

root@ICS-Stretch175:~# sudo apt-get install alsa-utils alsa-oss
        Reading package lists... Done
        Building dependency tree
        Reading state information... Done
        alsa-utils is already the newest version (1.1.3-1).
        alsa-utils set to manually installed.
        The following NEW packages will be installed:
        alsa-oss
        npacking alsa-oss (1.0.28-1) ...
        Setting up alsa-oss (1.0.28-1) ...
        Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.6.1-2) ...
        root@ICS-Stretch175:~#

3 - reboot

reboot
        Connection to 192.168.244.175 closed by remote host.
        Connection to 192.168.244.175 closed.

4 - ssh back to RPi2 and type

sudo amixer cset numid=3 1

5 - download and install

here downloaded it on my laptop and copied it over to the RPi2

Stretch175:/home/pete# ls
        Cepstral_Allison_arm-linux_6.1.5.tar.gz

ICS-Stretch175:/home/pete# tar -xzf Cepstral_Allison_arm-linux_6.1.5.tar.gz

type ls

Stretch175:/home/pete# lsswift "$1" -o "$2"
        Cepstral_Allison_arm-linux_6.1.5 Cepstral_Allison_arm-linux_6.1.5.tar.gz
        root@ICS-Stretch175:/home/pete#

Stretch175:/home/pete# cd Cepstral_Allison_arm-linux_6.1.5

type ls

Stretch175:/home/pete/Cepstral_Allison_arm-linux_6.1.5# ls
        bin doc etc eula.txt examples include install.sh lib sfx voices
        root@ICS-Stretch175:/home/pete/Cepstral_Allison_arm-linux_6.1.5#

type ./install.sh

Do you agree to these terms? Enter -yes- to continue: yes

Install into what directory? [/opt/swift] * here you hit return for default

/opt/swift does not exist. Create it? ([n]/y) * here you hit return for default

Swift will be installed in the following directories:

Voices in /opt/swift/voices
        Shared libraries in /opt/swift/lib
        Binaries in /opt/swift/bin
        Configuration file in /opt/swift/etcpadsp swift "hello" -o file.wav
        Header files in /opt/swift/include
        Examples in /opt/swift/examples
        Sound effects filters in /opt/swift/sfx
        Documentation in /opt/swift/doc

Is this acceptable? Enter 'yes' to continue: * type yes and return

Installing libraries...

************************************************************ ***************
        If you are installing Swift system-wide, you may need to add the following
        line to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig as root:

/opt/swift/lib

(Otherwise, you will need to add it to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
        variable in order to run programs linked against the Swift libraries.)

Installing voice Allison...swift "$1" -o "$2"

Testing the installed swift binary...
        /opt/swift/bin/swift -o /dev/null 'hello world'

****************** Installation Completed Successfully! *******************

root@ICS-Stretch175:/home/pete/Cepstral_Allison_arm-linux_6.1.5#

Note here it installed with no errors. The RPi2 running Stretch has no audio connected and is sitting in the basement rafters such that I didn't hear anything.

So next you would edit these two files in your Homeseer directory.

speak.sh and speak_to_file.shpadsp swift hello

speak.sh

#!/bin/sh
        # flite -voice kal16 -t "$1"
        # swift "$1"
        padsp swift "$1"

speak_to_file.sh

#!/bin/sh
        # flite -o "$1" -t "$2"
        # padsp swift "$1" -o "$2"
        # swift "$1" -o "$2"

Did not test the above as I do not have an audio connection to my RPi2 in the basement rafters. You cannot break anything doing this.

Gotta run for now...
        Last edited by Pete; June 17, 2018, 11:14 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

@BSR...did you get it going?

Here adding Swift to my Homeseer Pro 3 configuration this week.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            @BSR...did you get it going?

Here adding Swift to my Homeseer Pro 3 configuration this week.
            Hi Pete;

I have not as I'm on work travel. I will try it this weekend and use your excellent instructions in your previous post.

I looked at those instructions and I believe I can make this work with my limited Linux knowledge (I just need to change the paths regarding machine name and directories referenced).

So this is working out for you then? Thanks for all of your great help!

Regards,

BSR
            --------------------------------------------------
            **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I'll test it this week on my HS3 Pro machine running in Ubuntu.

Changed my mind and I will test it on the HS3 Lite machine running on the Pine64 ARM and will connect the audio output to my zoned audio.

Note no changes are required when running the script. (the defaults of yes or no are just the return key when running the script).

The script defines the paths and directories utilized.

Test your sound playback remotely via SSH using your homeseer user.

The temp.wav file is the last speech that Homeseer used so with an audio output connected to your RPi you should hear it on a speaker.

pete@ICS-HS3Pro:~$ cd /HomeSeer
              pete@ICS-HS3Pro:/HomeSeer$ ls *.wav
              temp.wav
              pete@ICS-HS3Pro:/HomeSeer$ aplay temp.wav
              Playing WAVE 'temp.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 16000 Hz, Mono

Playing back the speech test will work identical to this.
              Last edited by Pete; June 19, 2018, 12:07 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Has anyone actually ever been able to purchase a linux voice from Cepstral? I was in contact with them about a year ago and had it working as demo but was never able to actually purchase a license for linux and finally gave up.
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I wrote to them creating a support ticket.

Thank you for contacting us.

A support ticket request has been created and a representative will be getting back to you shortly if necessary.

An email with the ticket number has been sent to email address. You'll need the ticket number along with your email to view status and progress online.

If you wish to send additional comments or information regarding same issue, please follow the instructions on the email.

Support Team

Been testing another alternative mechanism using Ubuntu 18.04 desktop and PlayOnLinux. Previously did get Microsoft SAPI running on Wine throwing the kitchen sink at it.

It would be using Microsoft SAPI. It is a smaller build than an Oracle Virtual box and is just needing the meat to run. That said not sure if it will run on the RPi.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I had a back-and-forth dialogue with their technical support guy and told him I had it working and what I was going to use it for and that I would like to purchase a license. But that is where the dialogue stopped my guess is they have not been able to figure out their licensing mechanism on Linux.
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Here is the response to first inquiry. Used you as an example (without your name).

We respond to all tickets but we've found that the notification emails are flagged as spam. If you can send me this persons email address I can look into it more.

--The Cepstral Support Team

Response back is just to quote me a price for Homeseer users. I am starting to see the beginning of what you saw last year.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yes expected a response by today.

That said I see they have no interest in selling the Linux product.

Deleting this thread today.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Switched this endeavor from using Wine by itself to using PlayOnLinux (which includes Wine). PlayOnLinux "knows" what to add to get the Leviton PC Access to work. PlayOnLinux will also drop an application icon on your Ubuntu desktop.

[ATTACH]69652[/ATTACH]

Note here utilizing PlayonLinux version 4.2.12 and Ubuntu 18.04 desktop.

Updating my other laptops to 18.04 now for uniformity.

Concurrent to this endeavor is updating to Windows 10 on same laptops using dual boot. This is different from earlier running a base of Ubuntu with Windows Oracle virtual boxes which works fine.

Installing PlayOnLinux on Ubuntu:
                          • wget -q "http://deb.playonlinux.com/public.gpg" -O- | sudo apt-key add -
                          • sudo wget hxxp://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_trusty.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list
                          • sudo apt-get update
                          • sudo apt-get install playonlinux

xx=tt
                          • nano /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
                          • change kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 1 to read like this kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 0
                          • save it and reboot

g - Install Dot Net 2.0SP2 and Dot Net 3.5 and MS VB2005

Noticed that Dot Net 3.5 takes the longest to install.

Installed Polybytes Polyview and MS Office 2003 Visio and Upstart

Installing PCA on PlayonLinux

a - download or copy latest version of Setup_HAI_Dealer_PC_Access_3.exe. An older one will also work and copy this file and text file with your serial number.
                          b - install "other" program using PlayonLinux. Remember that password is password for first time installation. I changed this in options to blank later on.
                          c - test the updater in PCA to make sure it works.

Installing Polybytes on PlayonLinux

a - author of Polybytes has retired and posted his application for free now. That said it is attached.
                          b - drop the installation program on your desktop and install as you installed PCA. Use the same drive as configured for PCA.

Installing MS Office 2003 Visio on PlayonLinux

a - copy original ISO of MS Office 2003 Visio to your desktop
                          b - mount the ISO - note this method worked for me with PlayonLinux and what PlayonLinux looks for in a mounted ISO
                          1 - mkdir /media/username/cdrom
                          2 - mount -t iso9660 -o loop /home/pete/Desktop/OFFICE2003.iso /media/username/cdrom
                          Note: username is you name
                          3 - unmount iso
                          umount /media/username/cdrom

Installing Upstart on PlayonLinux

30 June, 2018

Configuring a second laptop today.
                          1 - Updateted 16.04 to 18.04 with no issues.
                          2 - Updated PlayOnLinux from .11 to .12 with no issues.
                          3 - PCA had issues (dot net hell) with Dot Net 2.0. Removed DotNet 3.X and then DotNet 2.X. Downloaded Dot Net 2.X SP1 and Dot Net 3.X SP1. Reinstalled and all is well.

Polyview 4.46 - used to be shareware and author retired and made it freeware.

PC Access - need to have a valid serial number to utilize it.
                          Last edited by Pete; July 1, 2018, 07:15 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I received a support ticket response back from Cepstral today and will rewrite the DIY to install the Cepstral voice fonts on the RPi or any Linux box running Homeseer 3.

07/02/2018 11:34 am

Homeseer also sold Cepstral voices at one point as well. A personal use license for Linux is $10 to $45 depending on the voice. Customers need to create an account on our store and typically open a help desk ticket to purchase the Linux voices.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete:

Are you talking about a Linux SERVER license? I though Linux DESKTOP licenses for Cepstral were free...

BBB

Comment

Working...
                              X