Update Smartstick+ Firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Smartstick+ Firmware?

In the z-wave troubleshooting guide it states that you should ensure that you're running the latest firmware on the SS+ -- but for the life of me I can't find neither the firmware to download nor the procedure to upgrade it.

Maybe it's not possible?

The only thing I found on the downloads page is the Windows USB drivers for the SS+ and nothing about firmware. Also I don't know how to find the firmware version. Maybe it's 4.05?

INIT Status: ok
    Modes: Node ID Server Present, Real Primary, Is SUC
    Lib Version: Z-Wave 4.05
    Lib Type: Static Controller
    API Version: 5
    Z-Wave IC: ZW050x

Also intrested

Comment

Rich & team... bueller?

Comment

All SmartStick+ interfaces are running ZDK 6.5x. There is no update.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          All SmartStick+ interfaces are running ZDK 6.5x. There is no update.
          Just to know. Why, on the OP, is is stated : Lib Version: Z-Wave 4.05 ?

on my zooz stick it is :
          Apr-06 17:57:23 Z-Wave Warning Zwave: Z-Wave PC Controller Library Version: Z-Wave 6.02 (Unknown)

Comment

The OP seems to be referring to the ORIGINAL SmartStick which was based on the Wayne Dalton WDUSB10 stick. We retired that MANY years ago. That may have had v4.05 ZDK firmware on it... not sure... don't remember back that far. FWIW, this is the succession to Z-Wave library versions:

v1.x
            v3.x
            v4.x
            v5.x
            v4.5x
            v6.5x
            v6.8x (that latest as of this writing)

Our latest SmartStick+ G2 dongle (just released) has v6.8x.

Comment

Thanks macromark . i'll buy 2 (backup). So, will give this a try and return the zooz one to amazon

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                Thanks macromark . i'll buy 2 (backup). So, will give this a try and return the zooz one to amazon
                sounds good but make sure that you buy the new stick directly from our online store and not from our Amazon listing. Our Amazon listing still tohas a few sticks left from the previous batch

Comment

Is there a way to update it? I bought mine last year from the online store and it looks like i have 4.05

Comment

Originally posted by llbuckshotll View Post
                    Is there a way to update it? I bought mine last year from the online store and it looks like i have 4.05
                    The SmartStick+ that you bought last July has v6.5x ZDK. ALL products with a 500 series chip will have v6.xx. There is no way to update the ZDK on an interface and (frankly) not much reason to update from 6.5x to 6.8x. The newer version supports "SmartStart" but most hubs (all hubs?) don't yet support that feature.

EDIT: OK, I see the confusion. Application version 4.05 refers to Z-Wave Library (ZDK) version 6.5x. If you look at the stick in the Z-Wave "Node Information" page, it will display like this:

Version: 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6)

Comment

The SmartStick+ that you bought last July has v6.5x ZDK. ALL products with a 500 series chip will have v6.xx. There is no way to update the ZDK on an interface and (frankly) not much reason to update from 6.5x to 6.8x. The newer version supports "SmartStart" but most hubs (all hubs?) don't yet support that feature.

EDIT: OK, I see the confusion. Application version 4.05 refers to Z-Wave Library (ZDK) version 6.5x. If you look at the stick in the Z-Wave "Node Information" page, it will display like this:

Version: 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6)
                      Ahh...perfect. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

sounds good but make sure that you buy the new stick directly from our online store and not from our Amazon listing. Our Amazon listing still tohas a few sticks left from the previous batch
                        Mark.
                        I just bought my SS+ from AARtech (Canada) and expect it to arrive today. I deal with them for most Homeseer branded items, simply because of the shipping costs (you use Fed-Ex and the import costs to Canada are prohibitively astronomical). They'd been out of stock and there was a week delay in shipping after I ordered.
                        Just curious if this delay was because they order stock directly from Homeseer as needed, which in this case would mean I'm assured of receiving the latest version of the stick.
                        Thx.
                        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post

Mark.
                          I just bought my SS+ from AARtech (Canada) and expect it to arrive today. I deal with them for most Homeseer branded items, simply because of the shipping costs (you use Fed-Ex and the import costs to Canada are prohibitively astronomical). They'd been out of stock and there was a week delay in shipping after I ordered.
                          Just curious if this delay was because they order stock directly from Homeseer as needed, which in this case would mean I'm assured of receiving the latest version of the stick.
                          Thx.
                          We sent them some new sticks earlier this month.

Comment

We sent them some new sticks earlier this month.
                            Perfect. Thanks. I'll check the f/w in a bit. Just in the middle of optimization.

Comment

Mark, I'm thinking I have an issue with Aartech. This looks like 6.04

Click image for larger version  Name:	Node Info.jpg Views:	2 Size:	21.9 KB ID:	1298406

Comment

Working...
                              X