www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Irrigation Plug-ins > Irrigation Discussion > EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-in

EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-in Discussions of Adam Telford's EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-in

Old February 14th, 2018, 02:01 AM
Seer

EZFlora Diagnostic Mode not working

Just today (2/13/18), I received a new, Model #5010A, EZFlora 8-Zone Irrigation Controller to replace one that had failed. I always test the EZFlora with the Diagnostic Mode before putting it into service. To my surprise, the Diagnostic Mode did not turn on the valves in sequence, but I could manually cycle through the valves. So, I guess all the operational functionality is present.

Out of curiosity, I opened up the new one. When opening the new EZFlora, I noticed that the PLM board had been changed to a new type, called RainBee8. Its a larger board with more components, including an NXP Zigbee RF module, although there's nothing connected to the modules antenna connector.

The only reference I could find on Smartenit's site was an ad that one of their Harmony controller will work with the RainBee8. I neither have any Zigbee interfaces nor a Harmony controller, so I have no idea whether or not this functionality is enabled in the EZFlora that I bought.

I wouldn't have noticed nor really cared except that the Diagnostic Mode doesn't work for me with this new 5010A.
Old February 15th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Seer Deluxe

Interesting. I haven't found any documentation that shows a change in the command set. Would you turn on debug logging and then try to initiate the diagnostic mode and then post a copy of your log. I'm curious to see how the EZFlora is responding to the request. Since there is no documentation on the revised command set, I am not sure if I will be able to add the diagnostic mode capability for this new hardware set.

Adam