www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer Z-Wave Plug-in

HomeSeer Z-Wave Plug-in Discussions relating to the Z-Wave plug-in

Old March 19th, 2018, 02:37 AM
Seer

Using Nodon Octan remote

Hi all

I'm really struggling with migrating a z-wave network from a Fibaro HC2 to a Homeseer SEL PRO. I have a few remote controls (I guess "scene controllers" which all worked easily under the HC2 but all seem to behave/appear very differently in Homeseer.

The one that looks most like it is working in Homeseer is the Nodon Octan remote

It adds fine as an "ID-RF Generic Controller" with two child devices: "Battery" and "Central Scene". The status of "Central Scene" changes appropriately with button presses, so if I double click one of the buttons, the "Central Scene" status promptly changes to "Scene 001 Key Pressed Twice"

I can't find how to use this anywhere though. I've seen posts where scene information comes up under the z-wave device but this isn't happening for me. In the events section of HS3 I can create a new event and select the root device but not the child device which shows the button presses. Nothing I do in the event will respond to the buttons being pressed (e.g. using the status number and the root device).

What do I do?? I've attached a couple of screenshots.

Name:  scene1a.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  18.5 KB

Name:  scene2c.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  105.9 KB

Name:  scene2.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  69.6 KB

Name:  scene2b.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  22.3 KB
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:19 AM
Seer Deluxe

Using Nodon Octan remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazyr View Post

Hi bazyr,
First thing I noticed is that your Central Scene device has its Floor and room set to Downstairs Hallway and the Battery and Root device set to Upstairs Hallway. Not sure if you have two of these or if one of the devices in the group was mistakenly changed to Downstairs?

My guess is that it was changed to Downstairs which is why you don’t see the Central Scene listed in the event list of devices. Try looking for Downstairs Hallway Central Scene in the Device list for events.

Secondly, in your event, your trigger will need to be changed to “Had its value set to” instead of “Changes and Becomes”. This is particular to the Central Scene device.

HS3 3.0.0.420 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
Plugin's:
BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.200
EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.200
Old March 19th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

For your trigger, use Central Scene. It appears you are trying to trigger on the root device.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.423 | 777 devices | 351 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris |
Old March 20th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Seer

Thanks both -- feel like a right fool now!

I have no idea why they are in the same room but on different floors; when I added my devices I did it node-by-node selecting all children each time. But you're right; the central scene device is there, just on a different floor. Oops!