Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice change ???

How do I change the voice?
    I'm testing this plug-in and it works fine announcing HS3 voice messages to all of my Google Home speakers and Chromecast devices.
    However the HS3 announcements come in a male voice. Can I change the voice to female.

Originally posted by risquare View Post
    How do I change the voice?
    I'm testing this plug-in and it works fine announcing HS3 voice messages to all of my Google Home speakers and Chromecast devices.
    However the HS3 announcements come in a male voice. Can I change the voice to female.

This here : https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...4&postcount=14 may apply to you too if it's not more of the same thing!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

No it's not applicable. I'm not sure how does Spud process the voice but it is irrelevant to Windows 10 voice TTS settings. For example Zira is a female voice natively available in Windows 10. I do select it but I'm still getting the HS3 messages played on my Google Home devices by a male voice.

It doesn't make sense to try additional voices such as IVONA if I can't make the basic (Zira) working.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
        No it's not applicable. I'm not sure how does Spud process the voice but it is irrelevant to Windows 10 voice TTS settings. For example Zira is a female voice natively available in Windows 10. I do select it but I'm still getting the HS3 messages played on my Google Home devices by a male voice.

It doesn't make sense to try additional voices such as IVONA if I can't make the basic (Zira) working.
        win10 uses 64bits voices whereas Homeseer and the Chromecast plugin use 32bits voices, read this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...93#post1347493

Comment

Thanks Spud. It worked.
          For the readers of this thread

Enter this line in the search window of Windows 10 (down below at the main toolbar left)

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

It will open a control menu where you can setup TTS voice properties for 32 bit applications incl. HomeSeer HS3.

Cheers,

RISquare

Comment

Often times people skip reading posts either they are too long or not to the point but when you again it's all there!

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
            X