No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - so just checking here, you are saying you click an option (or options) in the drop list (it will always say Select Devices/Groups, I don't think the drop list can change that with it's settings) and then press update (you must press update at the bottom to submit the form, just pressing the arrow does not do enough because of the number of controls on the action) that it always says All Clients? Can you show me what is in the drop list on a screenshot?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      OK - so just checking here, you are saying you click an option (or options) in the drop list (it will always say Select Devices/Groups, I don't think the drop list can change that with it's settings) and then press update (you must press update at the bottom to submit the form, just pressing the arrow does not do enough because of the number of controls on the action) that it always says All Clients? Can you show me what is in the drop list on a screenshot?
      For some reason, I was expecting the "Device/Group" drop-down to behave like the other drop-downs (like Message Priority, Message Sound, and Application). With those other drop-downs, what you select shows up in the drop down. But I suppose the "Device/Group" is a little different because you can select more than one item in its drop-down. Makes sense now.

Thanks, Pushover working great now.

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
        For some reason, I was expecting the "Device/Group" drop-down to behave like the other drop-downs (like Message Priority, Message Sound, and Application). With those other drop-downs, what you select shows up in the drop down. But I suppose the "Device/Group" is a little different because you can select more than one item in its drop-down. Makes sense now.

Thanks, Pushover working great now.
        I'm not sure how many other plugins use the particular multi selector but it is not particularly user friendly in terms of showing you how many options are already selected and checking the SDK (https://homeseer.com/support/homesee...ultiselect.htm) it does not appear that there is any ability to change it dynamically but I am glad it is working now for you.

Comment

I get this error when adding a simple event to send a push message:

"
          Apr-19 15:11:28 Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage Objektreferanse er ikke satt til en objektforekomst.
          Apr-19 15:11:28 Pushover 3P Attachment does not exist - check path/file status and try again - will send plain message"

In english: Objectreference is not set to an instance of an object.

It also looks as if its trying to send an attachement.

This is the event:
          https://forums.homeseer.com/attachme...1&d=1524144235

I have other events, that works fine:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gjelsvik View Post

"
            Apr-19 15:11:28 Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage Objektreferanse er ikke satt til en objektforekomst.
            Apr-19 15:11:28 Pushover 3P Attachment does not exist - check path/file status and try again - will send plain message"

This is the event:

I have other events, that works fine:
            That is quite puzzling, are you saying that every other pushover event works OK apart from just this one? What about creating new events - do they work? If other events work OK then I would suggest deleting this event as bad data may have ended up stored in the event properties. This really should not happen however I would like to rule out that being an issue.

Comment

That is quite puzzling, are you saying that every other pushover event works OK apart from just this one? What about creating new events - do they work? If other events work OK then I would suggest deleting this event as bad data may have ended up stored in the event properties. This really should not happen however I would like to rule out that being an issue.
              Yes it was only this one event. And I can reproduce it by letting the "Message body" field be empty. (Only contains the placeholder text)

If i replace the text with my own text it works fine.

Comment

I have just seen rpade's post with his 'intruder' picture attached to a push notification. How could I do that ? I have cameras which take snapshots and save these for example when my doorbell rings. These get emailed to me via a script (A nice and helpful person wrote it for me, far too complicated for me to understand)
                But that means I have to click on the attachments. I like the idea of sending a push message with a picture attached

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                  I have just seen rpade's post with his 'intruder' picture attached to a push notification. How could I do that ? I have cameras which take snapshots and save these for example when my doorbell rings. These get emailed to me via a script (A nice and helpful person wrote it for me, far too complicated for me to understand)
                  But that means I have to click on the attachments. I like the idea of sending a push message with a picture attached
                  Pushover added a new option in clients to attach an image to a message embedded in the message rather than sent as any kind of link. These images must exist on your PC somewhere as a file (which I guess that they do considering they are being emailed to you), here is some information here - https://updates.pushover.net/post/17...th-pushover-30

All you need to do is put the path to the file in the event attachment field and the plugin should do the rest.

Comment

Yes it was only this one event. And I can reproduce it by letting the "Message body" field be empty. (Only contains the placeholder text)

If i replace the text with my own text it works fine.
                    OK I will fix it but this is probably saving you from another error, you cannot send a message without a message body (the title is optional but not the body), it will just get rejected by Pushover. I'll put something in to save you from the error, I'm planning a bit of an update with some new (hopefully nice) new features so it will be fixed then.

Comment

"

I also get that. I don't know what's causing it (haven't had a chance to troubleshoot).

Comment

Message not sending to multiple clients

I did get the pictures to be sent. Looks as if I can only send 1 picture per message ? But thats fine.

What is strange, I usually only tick 1 recipient on the list of recipients in teh pushover event. Now my wife also wants the messages. So I ticked her phone to as recipient. She will get them, but I dont any more. Even if I tick send to all recipients (I have 6) it only send to a couple of the recipients. If I use a seperate message for each recipient, it sends ok.
                        Last edited by mikee123; April 24, 2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                          I did get the pictures to be sent. Looks as if I can only send 1 picture per message ? But thats fine.

What is strange, I usually only tick 1 recipient on the list of recipients in teh pushover event. Now my wife also wants the messages. So I ticked her phone to as recipient. She will get them, but I dont any more. Even if I tick send to all recipients (I have 6) it only send to a couple of the recipients. If I use a seperate message for each recipient, it sends ok.
                          Just to clarify as I might have seen your post before you edited it - you can only send one image per message that is correct, that is a Pushover limitation.

Are you saying for messages with an attachment image you are sending to more than one client and it is not working? Is it the whole message that is not arriving on the second client or just the image?

This again could be a Pushover limitation as it says "Note that, like messages, once attachments are downloaded by the device, they are deleted from our servers and only stored on the device going forward" - it could be that indeed things are being removed from the Pushover server so the second or nth client can't access the image. I just wish to make sure that is all before I start playing around.

Comment

Pushover Scripting

Having trouble getting a simple example working. No errors in the logs and the plugin does work perfectly when used via an event. Took this from an early post in the thread:

Code:
                            Public Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)
                                Try
                                    Dim CO(7) As Object
                                    CO(0) = "Automation-Group"
                                    CO(1) = "HomeSeer"
                                    CO(2) = "Test"
                                    CO(3) = Nothing
                                    CO(4) = Nothing
                                    CO(5) = Nothing
                                    CO(6) = Nothing
                                    CO(7) = Nothing

hs.PluginFunction("PushOver 3P", "", "Pushscript", CO)

Catch ex As Exception
                                        hs.WriteLog("Error", "Exception in script SendPush.vb " & ex.Message)

End Try
                            End Sub
                            When I try executing this with either tenScripting3 or as a script in a dummy event, nothing happens.

Great plugin BTW. Been using PushOver for years at work.

Thanks!

Current Date/Time: 4/26/2018 4:19:30 PM
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.425
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB - Work Station
                            System Uptime: 1 Day 23 Hours 42 Minutes 37 Seconds
                            IP Address: 192.168.50.40
                            Number of Devices: 156
                            Number of Events: 35
                            Available Threads: 200
                            HSTouch Enabled: True
                            Event Threads: 0
                            Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                            Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                            Device Exec Queue: 0
                            HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                            Email Send Queue: 0
                            Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            5.0.0.59: Global Cache Pro
                            3.0.2.8: OMNI
                            0.0.0.38: Pushover 3P

Comment

Originally posted by SNX View Post
                              Having trouble getting a simple example working. No errors in the logs and the plugin does work perfectly when used via an event. Took this from an early post in the thread:

Code:
                                  Try
                                      Dim CO(7) As Object
                                      CO(1) = "HomeSeer"
                                      CO(2) = "Test"
                                      CO(3) = Nothing
                                      CO(4) = Nothing
                                      CO(5) = Nothing
                                      CO(6) = Nothing
                                      CO(7) = Nothing

Catch ex As Exception

End Try
                              End Sub
                              When I try executing this with either tenScripting3 or as a script in a dummy event, nothing happens.

Great plugin BTW. Been using PushOver for years at work.

Thanks!

Current Date/Time: 4/26/2018 4:19:30 PM
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.425
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB - Work Station
                              System Uptime: 1 Day 23 Hours 42 Minutes 37 Seconds
                              IP Address: 192.168.50.40
                              Number of Devices: 156
                              Number of Events: 35
                              Available Threads: 200
                              HSTouch Enabled: True
                              Event Threads: 0
                              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                              Device Exec Queue: 0
                              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                              Email Send Queue: 0
                              Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              5.0.0.59: Global Cache Pro
                              3.0.2.8: OMNI
                              0.0.0.38: Pushover 3P
                              Try to add another parameter on, when Pushover changed their API to support sending messages with attachments I added another parameter.

This is the path to the attachment which is most cases will be nothing, try;

Code:
                                  Try
                                      Dim CO(8) As Object

CO(1) = "HomeSeer"
                                      CO(2) = "Test"
                                      CO(3) = Nothing
                                      CO(4) = Nothing
                                      CO(5) = Nothing
                                      CO(6) = Nothing
                                      CO(7) = Nothing
                              	CO(8) = Nothing

Catch ex As Exception

End Try
                              End Sub

Comment

Just to clarify as I might have seen your post before you edited it - you can only send one image per message that is correct, that is a Pushover limitation.

Are you saying for messages with an attachment image you are sending to more than one client and it is not working? Is it the whole message that is not arriving on the second client or just the image?

This again could be a Pushover limitation as it says "Note that, like messages, once attachments are downloaded by the device, they are deleted from our servers and only stored on the device going forward" - it could be that indeed things are being removed from the Pushover server so the second or nth client can't access the image. I just wish to make sure that is all before I start playing around.

First I tried with the picture message. As that was not working as expected, I tried a normal push message without any attachment. I have to set up 2 seperate push actions, one for each client. Which I'm sure should not be necessary. I just cant work out why. All clients doesnt work properly either. It sends to 2 clients but not all. But the clients are set up ok as if I send them just to 1 client all works fine. So its only when I try to send a message to multiple or all clients

Comment

Working...
                                X