No announcement yet.

xapmcsWebControl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The VARS were added to the PLC version of the WebControl and did not exist on BRE. xapmcsWebControl was built for the BRE and does not have provisions to query the VARS. I will have to look into what it would take to add the VARS to xapmcsWebControl.

Comment

ahh that's why I couldn't see it there. If you to have time to add this feature it would be very handy.

Comment

See if the attached does what you need.
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the quick reply, I still don't see the option for the VARs, but I do have links at the top of the page now:
          Status | Music | NinjaCam | IPCam | AV Control | Messages | Motion | Xap | Gas | IniEdit | WebAgent | Analysis | Performance | Grid | 1Wire | Temp05 | Database | CM19A | Audrey | Roles | ADIOcelot | UPB | W800 | Vaux | WOL | Sprinklers | Weather | RFID_S | RFID_B | Controls Graph | Room Temps | Water Flow | Weather Trend

I guess this is from your setup??

Comment

Where is the config for this plugin saved? I have some temp sensors not reporting and I think some of the config files may have come corrupted when the system was not shut down properly. I have backups and what to do a restore.

Comment

I missed your earlier reply in June. The attached is what I show on my setup when connected to PLC for the VARs. These are the devices ____61 to ____68. If you do not have them with the version I posted in June. The data that is parsed is returned from URL /api/status.xml of the WebControl address. If you capture it an put into zip file then I can see if it is any different than what my unit returns.

The configuration is saved in \Config\mcsXapWebControl.ini
              Attached Files

Comment

xapmcsWebcontrol bogging down CPU Win10

hey, I installed recently on windows 10 box using old config file from an instance running on Win 7 box... and after initially things working great I've noticed after a day or two xapmcsWebcontrol will start bogging down CPU to 100%. I stop and restart and all is well...is there any way to learn something from log file, I just turned debug on...? i'm using xFx express hub.

Comment

I suspect you are seeing Windows Defender which runs in the background (i.e. no keyboard strokes occur) "Antimalware Service Executable" taking over your CPU. It needs to monitor the network activity to "defend". If you do not visit sites that may be threats then you do not need it to run and it can be disabled with Windows Administrative Tools. Use Task Manager to confirm.

Comment

I hope that's it, I can disable that. task manager is blaming xapmcswebcontrol for some reason, but something monitoring the network would make more sense, particularly since xapmcswebcontrol is polling every 2 s on mine. the weird thing is that it will be just fine for a day or two (been running about a day now with no issues), and then all of the sudden it flips out. thanks much, we'll see what happens.

Comment

well things works for a while but that didn't solve the issue, and it's definitely xapmcsWebControl that has CPU percentage close to 100. it happens quick but of course I don't know how to catch it. I did have two computers running it (one windows 7, one windows 10, for hs2 and hs3 servers respectively) simultaneously on same network, using different xap hub programs...I went ahead and shut one system down to see if that makes any difference but i'm grasping at straws now. if you have any developer version that could be run to help debug let me know, otherwise i'm going to have to seriously rethink how to do things. I am using this to control the pool and all it's various lights, waterfall, spa, etc., incidentally.

Comment

I setup my W10 machine to run xapmcsWebControl with debugger yesterday, but Microsoft pushed OS update and restarted PC so nothing to report. I restarted the test.

Comment

thanks much. i did take down the one running on win 7 along with xap hub and it made no difference. i wonder if starting over from scratch (not using old configuration file) would make any difference. anything you find would be helpful. the webcontrol interface as well as the CAI webcontrol board have both been rock solid for so many years, it would be a shame if i couldn't get it all working on this new machine. i might just go back to hs2 and stay on win 7, who knows.

Comment

For my test I have one BRE and one PLA web control. I have one with voltage and temperate and the other with relay and humidity. xapbsc.info is being sent every minute. Polling is every 5 seconds.

Before this I ran with no devices accepted and polling at 5 minutes. After about 12 hours in this minimal impact test there were no issues. I will continue to let the higher impact test run.

I suggest that you monitor your network traffic on the xapmcsWebControl computer to assess if CPU utilization is correlated to a high rate of communication with WebControl. You may also want to adjust your polling rate slightly to assess if this may be a factor. These are all guesses. There are multiple threads running in xapmcsWebControl. Synclock is used to assure they do not step on each other. It may be possible that xapmcsWebControl is waiting for one thread to complete/remove lock and it never happens. I would expect this situation to result in very low CPU utilization, but until if it is in polling loop then it could be high.

Comment

i'm using 2 PLC webcontrol devices with 11 relays, 2 temperatures, one analog out, one analog input... and I've switched back and forth between 1000 and 2000 ms, no real difference. I could easily try bumping to 5000 ms but not optimistic. any suggestions on utility to monitor network traffic with xapmcswebcontrol and i'll try that... i'm using firedaemon mostly to run homeseer and xapmcswebcontrol as services (i've tried without however and same issues occur...), and it initially works PERFECTLY with very little CPU (maybe a couple 2-3 percent) for long periods of time (in some cases many days), then suddenly it ramps up to hog close to 100%CPU. I just have no way now to "catch it". I am using xfx express hub because there was a standard mswinsck.ocx library error with running the mcs one, didn't spend too much time trying to fix that...xfx express worked fine so I thought I was home free until finding out thing go crazy after a while....sigh. whatever happens thanks for setting up testing.

Comment

or maybe you're talking of using the xap hub in console mode to monitor traffic and debug, I can try that. right now it's in service mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X