This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ADIO-100 Analog/Digital System Interface

Our new ADIO-100 analog/digital interface is NOW available in the HomeSeer store.

*********** UPDATE **************
    12/20/2018: This product has been discontinued and is no longer available.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by macromark; December 20, 2018, 12:48 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Will the plugin support more than 1 ADIO-100 ? Wondering how many digital inputs I can add this way.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
      Will the plugin support more than 1 ADIO-100 ? Wondering how many digital inputs I can add this way.
      Yes, it will support multiple units.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        Our new ADIO-100 analog/digital interface is NOW available in the HomeSeer store. Product description is here: http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-P1091.aspx
        Why is there no information at all on analog performance?

We can quickly learn that the Microchip PIC18F4455 is 10-bit resolution by visiting the Microchip web site.

But what is specified accuracy, repeatability (precision) noise level, stability and acquisition speed as implemented in the ADIO-100?

For $150 + $10 for the plug-in, some basic information on performance should be provided in my opinion.

... Marc

Comment

Originally posted by hult View Post
          Why is there no information at all on analog performance?

We can quickly learn that the Microchip PIC18F4455 is 10-bit resolution by visiting the Microchip web site.

But what is specified accuracy, repeatability (precision) noise level, stability and acquisition speed as implemented in the ADIO-100?

For $150 + $10 for the plug-in, some basic information on performance should be provided in my opinion.

... Marc

Comment

I have tried to configure the ADIO-100. I have not hooked up any wires yet because I do not want to fry my Security Panel. The device list only shows Digital 6-8 (5-7) and all the analog channels.
            Are the digital inputs expecting to be pulled to gnd for off and Vcc for on?
            Are the digital outputs 1-5(0-4)? The manual is not clear.

Comment

The number of bits would determine the resolution, important when trying to determine a sensors overall accuracy (for instance you want a temperature sensor to be accurate/resolve 1 deg F steps).

Voltage is only half of the equation as one would want to convert it to real sensor 'values'. More detailed information on Analog to Digital Converters, plus how to convert voltages to real world values, can be found HERE.
              --------------------------------------------------
              **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Dig inputs are pulled to ground with a 100k resistor. This means they read 0 if nothing is connected.

Originally posted by thecatsandi View Post
                I have tried to configure the ADIO-100. I have not hooked up any wires yet because I do not want to fry my Security Panel. The device list only shows Digital 6-8 (5-7) and all the analog channels.
                Are the digital inputs expecting to be pulled to gnd for off and Vcc for on?
                Are the digital outputs 1-5(0-4)? The manual is not clear.

Comment

Something like this with a ethernet interface would be great. Hooking up a ethernet/serial really increases the footprint.
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                  Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                  weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    We figured the analog input would just be used to measure a voltage. Not sure what other uses you have in mind.
                    Voltage is the only thing one _can_ measure directly with voltage-input analog input ;-)

The modest resolution ( 10-bits =~1 ppt =~10mv =~ 0.1% of 10vdc Full Scale Input) means that it is of limited use (without additional circuitry) with three of the most common type of temperature sensors: mV output IC's such as LM34 and LM35, semiconductor PN junctions, and thermistors.

For most sensors with (eg) 0-5 vdc Full Scale Output, the resulting 9-bit (not 10) effective resolution is fine if ~+/- 1/2% accuracy is sufficient as it typically is.

My overall suggestion is that HS take the time to carefully go over the specs provided and accurately and quantitatively describe the device that it is offering.

Else some of us, lacking documented assurance that (eg) the inputs are well protected will, from prior experience with other real-world devices, assume that they are not.

HTH ... Marc
                    Last edited by hult; August 6, 2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Could you give us some examples of typical connections to the Digital and Analog Interfaces?

Comment

For the digital input, you can connect any contact closure device, such as magnetic door or window sensor. The unit has 5V out on a couple of the terminals. Just run that to the sensor, then back to one of the digital inputs. By default, the inputs are pulled low, so they read 0. When the contacts are closed, 5V would be applied to the input and it will read a 1 in HomeSeer.

Originally posted by thecatsandi View Post
                        Could you give us some examples of typical connections to the Digital and Analog Interfaces?

Comment

I agree on the Ethernet side of things.

Is this something that is made by HomeSeer?

It resembles the Applied Digital unit.

For every 8 i/o I would need to use a serial port?

Travis

Comment

We OEM the unit. Yes, for each 8 I/O you need a serial port, but we do sell a very inexpensive USB to serial adapter, so you can use this for each unit. How many dig I/O points do you need?

Originally posted by thedishking View Post
                            I agree on the Ethernet side of things.

Is this something that is made by HomeSeer?

It resembles the Applied Digital unit.

For every 8 i/o I would need to use a serial port?

Travis

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              For the digital input, you can connect any contact closure device, such as magnetic door or window sensor. The unit has 5V out on a couple of the terminals. Just run that to the sensor, then back to one of the digital inputs. By default, the inputs are pulled low, so they read 0. When the contacts are closed, 5V would be applied to the input and it will read a 1 in HomeSeer.
                              My problem is the DMP panel is Open Collector. It pulls to Ground when triggered. Great it you want to close a relay and have 5V at the common and the input connected to the ADIO input.
                              I am trying to use semicomductors (Transistor). May get to complicated.

Comment

Working...
                              X