Different icon for LED status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different icon for LED status?

I'd love to have an option to not use the same icon for the LEDs as for the regular lights. Because it's confusing to see a list of light icons for lights that are lit... but then the same thing for an LED button. Which may or may not actually have any lights illuminated.

If it's a matter of not using any custom icons, the how about the green.png icon from \HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\contemporary instead?

Or at least change the plug-in to use icons out of the \HomeSeer HS3\html\images\Lutron directory, to allow changing them to something else.

This is a good idea, I'll change for a different icon.

The plugin is design so you can change the status icon, when you import the device is you don't check reset graphic to default it should keep your change you made.

Comment

Bill came out with a good modification to change the icon of the led status and the scene status to be defferent from a light.

in the ver. 95 if you still have the default icon it will change to the new icon, if you already change the icon it will keep your change.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice! I just checked, .94 showed the old one, .95 shows the new green one automatically.

I wonder if the HS folks make the vector available for the international power icon they use for their buttons. It might be interesting to experiment with it to come up with a more visually appealing variation. Perhaps using the gray background field of the 'off' with just the smaller inner circle showing a green circle. This to mimic the small LED that's shown on the keypads themselves.

The only reason this bugged me was almost all of my keypads have the bottom button position configured with an "All Off" scene, one that turns off all the devices configured for it. This is a handy way to leave the room and kill everything.

It makes sense, in the Lutron way of thinking, to have that status indicate that all devices in the scene are currently set to that scene's values. Thus an 'All Off' scene wouldn't light up the LED status unless everything was actually fully off. Which also makes it useful for detecting if a light has been left on in an area controlled by a scene. Like with the kid's bedroom, where the scene button is used to toggle several lights to an illuminated state... but one or two were manually turned off. As in, the scene lit up the hall, bath and bedroom, but they only manually turned off the bedroom, leaving the hall and bath still illuminated. But in reality that almost never proves to be useful, at least not for us anyway.

So as I try moving toward using the HS web UI a bit more it's bugged me that the LEDs showed the same icon as an illuminated device.

Thanks for making the change!

Comment

Bill,

I not sure I understand what you mean, would you prefer something like this?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
            Bill,

I not sure I understand what you mean, would you prefer something like this?
            That'd work, but there's also something to be said for making icons that look like they'd fit into the overall graphic design that the standard stuff uses.

Otherwise it ends up being a hodge-podge of crazy looking icons that no longer have any easy to understand meaning.

But, YES, I like those little ones. Those would be nice!

What I don't know is will those look 'ok' with the rest of HS icons? I'm only starting to make more use of the web interface (and have done no HSTouch stuff yet) so I don't want my un-informed opinion seem too important.

Comment

When you will start using HStouch, you can use my icon, first you find on the wed a good image of the seetouch, then you use my icon over the image as a toggle button, in Hstouch you use the status to change the icon.

That way you can create a seetouch switch that look and react as your real seetouch.

I'll post ver. 96 with the new icon

Comment

Would you prefer those?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by DonMor; February 17, 2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Ver. 96 is online

Comment

Working...
                  X